More Stadium Details Emerge

Steel City Mafia

After seeing the PSL survey questions, I am very interested to see how many seats are covered?  Gut feeling is that it is not going to be anywhere near the number that many have speculated/wished for. 

I wonder how many of the anti-domers will be changing their tune when they find out they are not protected from the elements?

Edited by BTB
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BTB said:

After seeing the PSL survey questions, I am very interested to see how many seats are covered?  Gut feeling is that it is not going to be anywhere near the number that many have speculated/wished for. 

Agreed.

On the other hand, I suspect the change in field direction/orientation will help mitigate the wind chill factor considerably, as will the vertical stacking of seats.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, BTB said:

I wonder how many of the anti-domers will be changing their tune when they find out they are not protected from the elements?

And....?  Are they currently protected from the elements? 

Being "anti-dome" implies that such people already understand that most seats in an open stadium are "uncovered".

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Being "anti-dome" implies that such people already understand that most seats in an open stadium are "uncovered".

Dude just wants each fan to have a private booth, without having to pay for it. 🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Scott Radecic was a guest at one of our annual tailgates.

He and "Uncle Dave" who was the architect of "Buffalo Wings" expansion and Octoberfest outdoor bar of Jimmy's spent a lot of time talking.

http://nfl-pe-stage.azurewebsites.net/news-and-media/player-news/articles/former-player-spotlight-an-interview-with-scott-radecic/

Very good guest.

Edited by Limeaid

26 minutes ago, Logic said:

Agreed.

On the other hand, I suspect the change in field direction/orientation will help mitigate the wind chill factor considerably, as will the vertical stacking of seats.

Based on the photos we've seen, it looked like alot of the seats will be covered. I think it'll be a huge improvement over what we have now. I'm sure there will be some exposure to the elements, but my guess is it'll be greatly reduced 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, BTB said:

Probably not many 

Open air to most people means no covering… Nobody who is pro open air is like damn not that many seat coverings 

If there was zero Besides the clubs I wouldn’t care

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

My post was just reflecting much speculation here since new stadium was announced, that even though it is open air, that the majority of seats would be(or should be) protected from the rain.  I’m saying that I think the number of seats with protection from rain will be much less. 

Edited by BTB
  • Like (+1) 4

Nothing I read about this new stadium leaves me feeling good about the fan experience. 

When I read about higher elevated seats and more levels, I think about hiding the every day fans in the upper decks to make room for corporate seating in the lower bowl.  

I am genuinely afraid that the lower bowl will be highly priced in both seat value and PSL, and less total seats to make room for walkways and restaurants.  

This is how it was in the lower bowl in Jacksonville and I hated it.  

I very much hope I’m wrong 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Probably not many 

Open air to most people means no covering… Nobody who is pro open air is like damn not that many seat coverings 

If there was zero Besides the clubs I wouldn’t care

Yeah the anti-domers don't care about the covering..........they just argued that seats would be covered to shout down the people who wanted a dome.     

Like the people who now insist that Jake Kumerow isn't the 3rd boundary receiver option for the Bills going into camp..............they know he is.......but they do not care and are just perturbed that depth at the position is a discussion point. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not at all. There has been substantial speculation, and some implication from the team and its partners, that we would bee looking at an open-air stadium with a canopy over most, if not all, seats - not unlike old Texas Stadium or a host of soccer stadiums. 

Still hope that's the case, but agreed with the poster who's beginning to doubt it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BTB said:

How many December games will be left short of a sell out?

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Should'a put a dome on it.

I predict five years in they will want to add one.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How many December games will be left short of a sell out?

I predict five years in they will want to add one.

I predict that we’ve gone 50+ years without one we don’t need it

Foxborough, Lambo, Pittsburgh, The two New Jersey teams, Philadelphia, Cleveland 

All open-air 

We’ve always embraced it

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.