Before Allen completely rewrites the teams’ QB record book, here’s an ode to the best one ever to play for Buffalo

Chandler#81

Love the dude pouring sand out of a paper bag on the championship field. Can you imagine this today? 

Now there is whining that there are not enough dining options, and the stadium egress is too narrow to efficiently move fans about as they seek their sheltered and heated seats.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Love the dude pouring sand out of a paper bag on the championship field. Can you imagine this today? 

Now there is whining that there are not enough dining options, and the stadium egress is too narrow to efficiently move fans about as they seek their sheltered and heated seats.

Ah the “good old days”! I went to a lot of games at the Old Rock Pile. On cold windy days it sucked, nowhere to hide, I swear it was windy in the restrooms. I’ll take sheltered heated seats any day.

• Haha (+1) 2

As a Bills fan from when I was 12 to now at age 86 I have always thought Jack Kemp as a player was number one but more importantly also was a great person. Unmatched until now, but Josh is clearly better as a player and seems to be a great person. Go Bills and let's do it this year!!

• Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

He just may have become POTUS if not for cancer. Thank you, Jack Kemp. Rest In Peace.

Huh? He announced he had cancer 21 years after he ran for President.  He died 5 months later, age 73.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, dock581 said:

As a Bills fan from when I was 12 to now at age 86 I have always thought Jack Kemp as a player was number one but more importantly also was a great person. Unmatched until now, but Josh is clearly better as a player and seems to be a great person. Go Bills and let's do it this year!!

You are 86 and posting on a fan board. Much respect Sir. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 hours ago, chris heff said:

I swear it was windy in the restrooms. 

😅😅

Let me be the first to admit, I am a complete wuss when it comes to cold weather games.  The last cold weather game I went to was back on the Monday night game vs the Browns, I want to say back in 08.  We bought 40 yard line seats about 15 rows from the field.  The temp at gametime was a balmy 32.  I had a thermal top on, thermal bottom, nice, big winter coat, hat, had hand warmers in my gloves, hand warmers in my boots, and I was STILL MISERABLE.  Couldn't even much enjoy the game.  It was back then I swore I would only attend games in September and October......

God just reading that makes me feel womanly....my wife wouldn't even attempt to go with me to the game so I took my 23 year old cousin who was in college at Niagara University at the time.  At least he enjoyed himself.  

Edited by smuvtalker

2 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

😅😅

Let me be the first to admit, I am a complete wuss when it comes to cold weather games.  The last cold weather game I went to was back on the Monday night game vs the Browns, I want to say back in 08.  We bought 40 yard line seats about 15 rows from the field.  The temp at gametime was a balmy 32.  I had a thermal top on, thermal bottom, nice, big winter coat, hat, had hand warmers in my gloves, hand warmers in my boots, and I was STILL MISERABLE.  Couldn't even much enjoy the game.  It was back then I swore I would only attend games in September and October......

God just reading that makes me feel womanly....my wife wouldn't even attempt to go with me to the game so I took my 23 year old cousin who was in college at Niagara University at the time.  At least he enjoyed himself.  

And the current stadium is a palace compared to te Rock Pile. In the late 60s the Bills were bad, so bad weather late season games were far from capacity. I swear I remember people breaking up seats and starting fires. Burning the place wasn’t that big of a deal since everybody knew we were getting a new dome in Lancaster.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Jimbo: 4 title games, 0 titles. Jack: 5 title games, 2 titles

But I understand. 😉

Kelly's 4 AFC championshjps against far tougher competition is a greater accomplishment than 2 AFL titles in an 8-team league when they didn't have to play the NFL (NFC).  Kemp's 'title" games were maybe the equivalent of a AFC Championships today, though with less competition. 

Kemp was a very good QB, but not elite.  He's not in the HOF for a reason.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.