Duke Williams pregame helmet toss

benderbender

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Exactly. It is two teammates saying Garrett is a good dude and they have no reason to doubt him. It is not two teammates saying "there was a slur I heard it too."

I'm thinking they believe he thinks he heard a slur. And maybe he did. But it's also very possible he mis-heard something. Loud, bodies all over the place. It's also possible he's simply lying. It's also possible Rudolph indeed used a racial slur. Seems unlikely to me that, in the middle of a football field, with many African Americans around him (including those on his own team) he'd choose to use a slur. But I suppose it is possible.

My point is, people often hear things incorrectly---not what the other person said/meant. Physical violence should almost never be one's first reaction to a verbal comment.

Edited by The Dean

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

I'm thinking they believe he thinks he heard a slur. And maybe he did. But it's also very possible he mis-heard something. Loud, bodies all over the place. It's also possible he's simply lying. It's also possible Rudolph indeed used a racial slur. Seems unlikely to me that, in the middle of a football field, with many African Americans around him (including those on his own team) he'd choose to use a slur. But I suppose it is possible.

My point is, people often hear things incorrectly---not what the other person said/meant. Physical violence should almost never be one's first reaction to a verbal comment.

To add to your point: Often people's memory of an incident will change significantly over time, most often to fit their narrative. That's not to say they're lying. It's to say that certain people will, over time, adjust their memories to fit the story they want to believe.

I think one of the telling quotes from Sheldon Richardson is in his description of the incident: "...and grabbing at my Johnson and stuff like that..." This incident was televised from about five different angles, in slow motion, and no such grabbing of the Johnson occurred. Similarly, I highly doubt a racial slur was thrown. Considering the situation, and the timing of the accusation, it just doesn't make sense.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/18/2022 at 10:35 AM, The Firebaugh Kid said:

It's CRAZY to think this guy was basically our WR1 in that playoff game against Houston in 2019. 

Still pissed about that game too. 

The 2022 Bills WR group is light years beyond that 2019 Bills WR group.  Its rags to riches.  Our 2022 WR cuts would be the starting 3 2019 WRs .  Kudos Beane once again

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.