Duke Williams pregame helmet toss

benderbender

2 hours ago, brianthomas said:

All he does is catch TD's, doesn't matter the QB, the team or the league... The Duke?

The Duke of New York, A-Number-1, the Big Man, that's who!

I'll forever be thankful for the pages of forum threads he gave us. And this thread very well could be the last one we ever get of him.

So do you Duke Williams & thanks for the memories :P

Except that one time in the Houston playoff game.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I lost more respect for Garrett because of the baseless allegation than the helmet thrown itself. 

what’s interesting is that Garrett is considered sort of an upstanding guy, from what I have heard. For him to stoop that low is really sad. 

Same.  Still think he is a phenomenal player and a smart guy, but emotional maturity has to be questioned when you pull that garbage.

6 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I lost more respect for Garrett because of the baseless allegation than the helmet thrown itself. 

what’s interesting is that Garrett is considered sort of an upstanding guy, from what I have heard. For him to stoop that low is really sad. 

Yeah, that made my stomach turn. It was so obviously a lie-- he didn't even make the allegation until a couple days later when he was still feeling the heat. As far as being an "upstanding guy," I put that squarely on the shoulders of his PR team, whoever they are.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Dude NFL looked into it. Interviewed other players on the field and the NFL refs and there was no evidence to support Garrets claim. He obviously was just trying to justify his actions.

I can hardly hear my friends next to me at most games but they took the word of players yards away? Also I wouldn't put too much weight into something investigating itself. 

• Eyeroll 2

14 hours ago, MJS said:

Not even his own teammates corroborated that claim, and he quickly stopped claiming that.

LMAO you're lying.

Browns defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson, one of Garrett’s friends, said, “I know he wouldn’t lie on nothin’ like that. He’s kind of a carefree type of guy, so I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t lie about nothin’ like that.’’ He noted that he “didn’t know nothing about (it), nah,’’ Richardson said. “I wouldn’t doubt it, though. Had to be something to get him out of his body.’’

Richardson said he believes the slur was one of the reasons that Garrett acted out, but not the only one.

“Nah, dude grabbing at my facemask and underneath my facemask and grabbing at my Johnson and stuff like that, definitely,’’ said Richardson. “An ass-kicking was coming, it’s just that simple. You’re trying to hurt me, I’m hurting you. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, everyone deaf, dumb and blind at the end of the day, so that’s the way you want to go, we can take it that way.’’"

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/myles-garretts-teammates-believe-report-that-mason-rudolph-hurled-a-racial-slur-at-him-despite-appeals-officer-finding-no-evidence-of-one.html

"Cleveland defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi revealed Garrett told him about the alleged racial slur right after the first game between the AFC North rivals, per Jason Lloyd of The Athletic.

"You've got to remember, nobody has ever gone through this process before," Ogunjobi said following Pittsburgh's 20-13 win in Sunday's rematch. "It's our third year; we've never had something like that happen. I feel like he's upset people were calling him a liar. That's not something to joke about. He's not that type of person.""

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2865042-browns-larry-ogunjobi-myles-garrett-revealed-racial-slur-right-after-game

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Dislike 1

It makes no difference what the cause was in this case or in the Garrett incident. The second that helmet was swung at another person it became a weapon. If any of us did that to a person we would be arrested for assault. It is the same in the Gronkowski attack on Tre White.

• Agree 2

Mr. Williams,

As a valued employee, management is disappointed with the role you played in the on field violence in Nova Scotia on Saturday night, July 16, 2022.

Please be advised that you are immediately removed from all supervisory duties at the Canadian Tire Regina Southland Mall location, and are relegated to warehouse duties.

Management,

CTC, Southland Mall.

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, chris heff said:

It makes no difference what the cause was in this case or in the Garrett incident. The second that helmet was swung at another person it became a weapon. If any of us did that to a person we would be arrested for assault. It is the same in the Gronkowski attack on Tre White.

Not anymore bro. Catch and release. Cops would rather not waste their time.

On 7/18/2022 at 9:39 AM, chris heff said:

Some turdbucket shot someone unarmed dead in a movie theater in Colorado and was found not guilty... in this America, you can pretty much do whatever the hell you want to evidently, so swinging a helmet is not really that big of a deal.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Vomit 1

On 7/17/2022 at 11:30 PM, EasternOHBillsFan said:

LMAO you're lying.

Browns defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson, one of Garrett’s friends, said, “I know he wouldn’t lie on nothin’ like that. He’s kind of a carefree type of guy, so I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t lie about nothin’ like that.’’ He noted that he “didn’t know nothing about (it), nah,’’ Richardson said. “I wouldn’t doubt it, though. Had to be something to get him out of his body.’’

Richardson said he believes the slur was one of the reasons that Garrett acted out, but not the only one.

“Nah, dude grabbing at my facemask and underneath my facemask and grabbing at my Johnson and stuff like that, definitely,’’ said Richardson. “An ass-kicking was coming, it’s just that simple. You’re trying to hurt me, I’m hurting you. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, everyone deaf, dumb and blind at the end of the day, so that’s the way you want to go, we can take it that way.’’"

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/myles-garretts-teammates-believe-report-that-mason-rudolph-hurled-a-racial-slur-at-him-despite-appeals-officer-finding-no-evidence-of-one.html

"Cleveland defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi revealed Garrett told him about the alleged racial slur right after the first game between the AFC North rivals, per Jason Lloyd of The Athletic.

"You've got to remember, nobody has ever gone through this process before," Ogunjobi said following Pittsburgh's 20-13 win in Sunday's rematch. "It's our third year; we've never had something like that happen. I feel like he's upset people were calling him a liar. That's not something to joke about. He's not that type of person.""

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2865042-browns-larry-ogunjobi-myles-garrett-revealed-racial-slur-right-after-game

You realize none of that corroborates the statement right?  To do so would be one of them saying they actually heard it.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/19/2022 at 9:47 PM, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Some turdbucket shot someone unarmed dead in a movie theater in Colorado and was found not guilty... in this America, you can pretty much do whatever the hell you want to evidently, so swinging a helmet is not really that big of a deal.

Both you and bmur66 should give your theory a try, take a football helmet or a bat, find a cop and take a swing at someone. You don’t have to connect, just take a swing. See what happens.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/20/2022 at 3:41 AM, CoudyBills said:

You realize none of that corroborates the statement right?  To do so would be one of them saying they actually heard it.  

Exactly. It is two teammates saying Garrett is a good dude and they have no reason to doubt him. It is not two teammates saying "there was a slur I heard it too."

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/17/2022 at 10:30 PM, EasternOHBillsFan said:

LMAO you're lying.

You blatantly accuse someone of "lying" , seriously?   And your proof of his/her lying are  hearsay after the fact comments  from his teammates mostly speaking to his character.  Laughably weak.  

You even quote his teammate ""he's upset people were calling him a liar.  That's not something to joke about".   Oh the irony.

You owe MJS an "apology" for stating he/she was lying.  Pretty sure you wont do it.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.