Duke Williams pregame helmet toss

benderbender

I didn't even know he was still playing. The saga continues, Wu Tang Wu Tang.

Ha just looked it up and not only is he still playing, but he's playing very well. Has a TD in each of the last three games, about 70 yd average per game. Duke really is kind of a bad dude with an interesting story. When he makes the leap into athlete boxing I'll definitely still be rooting for him.

Edited by Nelius

21 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

When someone uses a vile racial slur at someone, they deserve to get a helmet chucked at them. Big difference

Was investigated by the NFL and proven he didn't make a racial slur.  Please stop trying to spread bs.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 hours ago, DallasMac said:

Was investigated by the NFL and proven he didn't make a racial slur.  Please stop trying to spread bs.  

Have you got a link to back this statement up? I'm curious on a couple of points here...

1) Why would the "NFL" be investigating something that happened between two CFL teams?

2) How exactly do you PROVE that somebody didn't say something?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RichStadiumGuy said:

Have you got a link to back this statement up? I'm curious on a couple of points here...

1) Why would the "NFL" be investigating something that happened between two CFL teams?

they were referring to the Myles Garrett vs Steelers back-up QB altercation. I assume they got multiple witness accounts.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

they were referring to the Myles Garrett vs Steelers back-up QB altercation. I assume they got multiple witness accounts.

Gotcha... I thought they were referring to THIS event... my bad I guess. Apparently that first cup of coffee hasn't quite kicked in yet here!

6 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

When someone uses a vile racial slur at someone, they deserve to get a helmet chucked at them. Big difference

Is it just as vile when someone alleges a person used a racial slur against them, but its later found out the allegation was a lie used to excuse an assault?  

• Like (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Dude NFL looked into it. Interviewed other players on the field and the NFL refs and there was no evidence to support Garrets claim. He obviously was just trying to justify his actions.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Not even his own teammates corroborated that claim, and he quickly stopped claiming that.

3 hours ago, RichStadiumGuy said:

You interview the other 20+ people on the field who were in close proximity, plus listen to broadcast audio, plus review footage from every angle, etc. Garret's claim was baseless.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Is it just as vile when someone alleges a person used a racial slur against them, but its later found out the allegation was a lie used to excuse an assault?  

I lost more respect for Garrett because of the baseless allegation than the helmet thrown itself. 

what’s interesting is that Garrett is considered sort of an upstanding guy, from what I have heard. For him to stoop that low is really sad. 

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, benderbender said:

Everyone's favorite practice squad WR got into an altercation before the 7/16 game between the Saskatchewan Roughriders and Toronto Argonauts. 

THIS IS A SIGN, SISTERS AND BROTHERS OF BILLS MAFIA!  DUKE WILLIAMS DOES THIS ON 7/16!!!

Just pile someone into the Pegulajet and sign this man to the practice squad ASAP!  His latest role in garden and seasonal merchandise at the Regina Canadian Tire will let him WFH.

😁

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Duke was just giving him his helmet back.  I'm pretty good at reading lips and he clearly said "you dropped this, friend."

And Myles "Smollett" is race baiting scum, and clearly some people still think Rudolph actually said something racist towards him even though that is verifiably false. There's enough mics on the field to hear a mosquito fart. Garrett was suspended indefinitely for being a liar and assault with a deadly weapon and yet he was the Walter Payton man of the year for the Browns the next year!  I'm sure over this next season we will hear how great of a guy Deshaun Watson is too.  The Browns are disgusting.

Edited by KDIGGZ

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

...and yet he was the Walter Payton man of the year for the Browns the next year!  I'm sure over this next season we will hear how great of a guy Deshaun Watson is too.  The Browns are disgusting

I didn't think the Browns were allowed to award a 'Walter Payton'!

🤔

8 hours ago, Nelius said:

Ha just looked it up and not only is he still playing, but he's playing very well. Has a TD in each of the last three games, about 70 yd average per game.

All he does is catch TD's, doesn't matter the QB, the team or the league... The Duke?

The Duke of New York, A-Number-1, the Big Man, that's who!

I'll forever be thankful for the pages of forum threads he gave us. And this thread very well could be the last one we ever get of him.

So do you Duke Williams & thanks for the memories :P

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.