Field Yates - "I truly believe there's no scarier player to defend in 2022 than JA."

BillsFan619

12 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yeah, probably 20 times. People tend to say QBs are bad in the playoffs when they go a lot but lose. Which so far is Josh Allen. The narrative will start changing every time he goes and loses.

He’s won 12.

He’s also been in the league for 50 f’en years to

Setting aside the who is better than whom discussion, the title of this thread gave me a thought. Let’s add a name to the stadium, Yeates Field at Highmark Stadium. Named after Cardinal O’Hara great Jeff Yeates, drafted out of Boston College by the Bills in the fourth round of 1973 draft, spent three years with the Bills, eight years with Falcons. Just a thought.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I remember that team. You said they were extreme over achievers the previous season and weren’t that good. 

I'm referencing about 2020--very good team, best Offense-and Rodgers was still crying (some here sided with his "no weapons" nonsense).  As most of us suspected, we all now know it was an act to get his money. 

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm referencing about 2020--very good team, best Offense-and Rodgers was still crying (some here sided with his "no weapons" nonsense).  As most of us suspected, we all now know it was an act to get his money. 

Yes…..that’s why I said the “previous season”……. 

you said that they would regress as it was obvious the 2019 team overachieved.  

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yes…..that’s why I said the “previous season”……. 

you said that they would regress as it was obvious the 2019 team overachieved.  

OoPS!--they didn't.  Turns out the were loaded with talent on Offense by 2020, despite the Jordan Love pick, which had no impact whatsoever

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

OoPS!--they didn't.  Turns out the were loaded with talent on Offense by 2020, despite the Jordan Love pick, which had no impact whatsoever

They didn’t win the super bowl…..you have no idea what would’ve happened if they would drafted 2 players with the 2 picks used on Love. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I love it but Aaron Rodgers and Mahomes are still the scariest in my opinion. Allen right there close to them.

When Mahomes and Rodgers start trucking d-linemen and LBers, get back to me with scary.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

They didn’t win the super bowl…..you have no idea what would’ve happened if they would drafted 2 players with the 2 picks used on Love. 

win it?? they didn't even play in it---the MVP choked.  lol.  Name any 2 draft picks in your head and he still throws that TD pass into the dirt instead of running, Josh-like, into the EZ.

you keep dying on this hill and Rodgers only laughs....

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

win it?? they didn't even play in it---the MVP choked.  lol.  Name any 2 draft picks in your head and he still throws that TD pass into the dirt instead of running, Josh-like, into the EZ.

you keep dying on this hill and Rodgers only laughs....

Let’s not act like LaFleur didn’t choke…..he clearly made the wrong decision…..but it’s only on Rodgers.  Riiiight.

tristan wirfs was one of the reasons the Bucs offense had so much success. Winfield made huge plays all season.  

in a one possession game, no one knows what kind of impact a 1st rd draft pick that actually suited up would have had.  

meanwhile….Jordan Love blows.  Great pick.  Any draft pick would’ve helped that team more than Love did.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I admit I was one of his apologists due to his excellence on the field (in regular season games anyway). But his act has worn thin

• Like (+1) 1

I have no problem with the premise:

How many QBs can you name that can do all of this in any game:

- rush for TD

- pass for TD

- receive a TD

- leap a defender

- stiff arm a DL into ground

- run over a safety

- rush for 100 yards

- pass for 300 yards

- evade a pass rusher who has him dead to rights

- throw late across the middle on the run

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah, that was the problem.  It was a bad/wasted pick then and an even worse pick in hindsight.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The league MVP is also on like 20+ year drought of winning  Super Bowl as well. I'm hoping Allen breaks that drought because I really want him to win MVP.

because it went to a popularity contest. 

Was Aaron really that spectacular?

When they speak of QB comps today it’s 

how they compare to JA17

can they improve to become a superstar  like JA17?

7 hours ago, cle23 said:

That's like saying Allen should put up the same stats without Diggs.

If Mahomes does the same without Hill, he's probably QB1 in the league.  

Diggs is not the game changer Hill is.  If you single Diggs, he’ll get a catch.  Single Hill and you worry he takes it to the house.  Diggs is a really good player, Hill is a different level of game breaker.   I would expect Allen to do comparable damage without Diggs, Hill changes the way teams play you.  I think Hill will be sorely missed in KC.  I do believe Pat will be fine, but that’s because he is one of the best in the biz.

I don't mean to seem disparaging but the woman (I'm unfamiliar with her) seems smug as heck. 

It's tough not to think Josh is one of the most fearsome players to face in the league. Not only does the dude have a rocket where his right arm is supposed to be, he's as big as a gotdang yeti and he's deceptively fast. Defenders see him take off and think, "Oh, I took a bad angle but shoot, I can catch him... *Josh zips past* oh crap, maybe I can't." On top of this the kid has really learned the game, understands defenses much better, knows where the ball needs to go, has that field general awareness now where he knows what everyone is supposed to be doing... he has a belief that he's a special type of player, he has a work ethic that won't let him quit even after he brings home eleven championships. He's extremely determined and I think with all of that combined, yeah, it makes him more threatning that Rodgers and Mahomes. Rodgers might scramble here and there but his running isn't anything defenses generally worry about. Obviously both he and Mahomes can pick a defense apart and while Josh has really quit with the heroball almost completely, Mahomes still falls back into those old habits like we saw in the second half against the Bengals. 

46 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

because it went to a popularity contest. 

Was Aaron really that spectacular?

When they speak of QB comps today it’s 

how they compare to JA17

can they improve to become a superstar  like JA17?

Rodgers has been absolutely phenomenal the last 2 regular seasons. He 100% deserved that award each of the last 2 seasons. Let’s not forget it’s a regular season award and it went to exactly who it should have.

…. And that’s not me taking anything away from our guy. Whom I absolutely love and would pick over ANY qb going into the next decade. 

3 hours ago, wjag said:

I have no problem with the premise:

How many QBs can you name that can do all of this in any game:

- rush for TD

- pass for TD

- receive a TD

- leap a defender

- stiff arm a DL into ground

- run over a safety

- rush for 100 yards

- pass for 300 yards

- evade a pass rusher who has him dead to rights

- throw late across the middle on the run

How come he doesn't have any no look passes on his resume?

spongebob.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

(I'm too lazy to do the every other cap thing)

Edited by The Wiz

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.