Five Buffalo Bills on roster bubble with toughest path to 53-man roster going into training camp

BillsFan619

I won't count out Haak until I see the god hold in practice.

4 minutes ago, Rigby said:

Haak is done, not sure about the rest.

9 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

I think Haack is not on that list.  He is a goner.  No way they are not going with the rookie they drafted.  It is all window dressing right now when tehy say it is a competition.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

The only guy on that list that I'd really like to keep is Cam Lewis.  Aside from being a UB kid, he has played well whenever called upon and you can never have too many DBs.  I suspect that Tre White won't be 100% at the beginning of the season, so CB depth is even more important.  I also think Duke Johnson is a decent backup RB with pass-catching ability, but the drafting of Cook makes him expendable.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I'd add Ford, Moss.

Not a fan of Stevenson at all, he has ALOT to prove. 

I personally don't think Moss is in danger of being cut at this point.

At worst, he would assume the TJ Yeldon role of third RB who isn't active on gameday. At best, the Bills go with a 3 RB rotation, and keep one less Special Teams player on the roster.

Edited by Special K
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Their list

1. Marquez Stevenson

2. Greg Van Roten

3. Duke Johnson

4. Cam Lewis

5. Matt Haack

Who's on your list?

Any surprise cuts?

9 days, mafia! Training camp is almost here.

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2022/07/5-buffalo-bills-on-roster-bubble-with-toughest-path-to-53-man-roster-in-2022.html

Haack

Stevenson

Ford 

Van Roten

Johnson

Honorable mention

Hodgins 

Moss

unless they have a BIG TIME camp .

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I'd add Ford, Moss.

I'm not either...never seen anyone turn returns into that much of an adventure by running full speed into your own blockers like he did almost every kick return.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

Cam Lewis will probably be stashed away on the practice squad unless there's an injury to a starter in preseason or Tre isn't on pace to be ready for week 1.

Van Roten has a chance to crack the final roster if Cody Ford is cut and Ike Boettger isn't fully recovered from his achilles injury.

Duke Johnson will be battling Zack Moss for the 3rd rb slot (but the Bills rarely keep 3 rb's active on game day)

Edited by Allen2Diggs
  • Like (+1) 3

Matt Haack is on an easy path.   His training camp is simple - come to camp and do what you do well - directional kicking and holding.   Whether you make the team has nothing to do with how good you are.   It's 100% about how good the other guy is.  If the other guy punts consistently and shows a knack for holding, well, you're gone.   If the other guy is just too inconsistent to be relied on yet, you have a shot.  Simple.

Edited by Shaw66
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 7

2 hours ago, offyourocker said:

I think Haack is not on that list.  He is a goner.  No way they are not going with the rookie they drafted.  It is all window dressing right now when tehy say it is a competition.  

Rewatch that Jets or Steeler game. He might be the worst punter I've ever seen in Buffalo.  Haack would be #1 on my list,  followed by Stevenson.

3 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I'd add Ford, Moss.

Oh, yeah, I'd definitely add Moss.   If Singletary shows that he's the back we saw last season, and maybe better, and if Cook learns quickly (which can be done at that position), Moss could be in trouble.  Moss has to show he can bring some value without a lot of touches.   Can he be a different kind of back when it's third and six or seven?  Can he be the up-back in short yardage plays?   What can he do that will justify keeping him?   

Moss's future is in Dorsey's hands.   Will Dorsey's playbook create opportunities for Moss?  I mean, if Cook looks like some kind of Edgerrin James, just a a different, big-time multi-purpose threat (he could), then Dorsey's playbook may not have room from Moss, unless Moss can bring value without serious touches.

• Agree 2

Not sure if it will be a surprise but if Cody Ford doesn't impress he may be cut or traded.  They can save about 1.5 million by cutting him.  That money may come in handy before the trade deadline to fill an unforeseen need.

2 hours ago, offyourocker said:

I am thinking they work out a deal for Haack to go on PS in case the rookie does an Amber Heard in regular season.  Then again the rookie may just be another freak at his position, where we'd have top leg talent at both kicking positions and top arm and leg (but running not kicking) talent in Josh.  Hmm maybe should check what odds be for one team having longest td pass, longest field goal and longest punt all in the same season. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.