Orlando Brown wants 25 mill/yr?

YoloinOhio

On 7/15/2022 at 1:53 PM, Ya Digg? said:

Where should the money go then? 

More of the money should go to build each team a brand new stadium with the best of medical facilities & let's say more to those veterans that didn't have the type of medical retirement that these guys have & are dealing with CTE & other problems from playing the game that would be a good start .

But there again that's just me i guess .

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/16/2022 at 9:05 AM, Mr. WEO said:

"all" options: show up or not.  a read scratcher for Orlando...

The players are guaranteed almost 49% of league revenues.  The owners have to spend it on players.  It's not a "new order"

This is:

The new world order reference was not to the meaning of the way the NFL players get paid & seeing as this is a NFL football subject i don't want to go into it on this particular post it was in regards to this but in a different inn general application of thought .

But if you would like to hit me up on the personal messenger side on this sight i would be happy to explain just to clarify .

On 7/15/2022 at 2:45 PM, Zerovoltz said:

Some thoughts here.

1.  When KC traded for Brown - they were coming off a SB loss in which they had no Eric Fisher, and No Mtich Schwartz at the tackle spots...both would be unavailable the following season.  They had already been starting backups at the other 2 guard spots most of the year and the Center was among the worst in the NFL.  That is what they headed into the 2021 offseason looking at.  

2.  They had already signed Joe Thuney when they traded for Brown, but he was IT.  The draft hadn't happend yet.  

3.  When trading for Brown, it wasn't just KC throwing picks at Baltimore.  The Chiefs sent 28 overall to Baltimore, and some others but KC got Brown and a 2nd, and a think a 5th or something in return.  When you washed it all out in various draft pick value calculators...it was basically Brown for a 2nd is how the value ended up.

4.  Kc knew brown would want a new contract but also knew, and it has come to fruition that they could tag him....this year and next if need be.  That's 1 year (last year) of cheap rookie deal and 2 additonal years of club control at NOT top of market pricing.

5.  The situation today has changed.  KC was able to draft Creed Humpphrey, and Trey Smith...to go alogn with Thuney.  Thuney played some at LT for injury in 2021 and looked better than brown doing so.

6.  KC will be fine paying the tag....they'd have preferred a contract get done for cap flex purposes, but the tag number is reasonable for a man of Browns abilities.  If he walks, KC takes a 3rd as a compensatory pick.  

KC was smart not to pay him at top of market.  It would be a bad look.  If you aren't paying a proven top 5 WR then what does that say to the other players if you give Brown top 5 or top overall money for a guy who wasn't around for the titles, and hasn't demonstrated top 5 ability?  Good on Veach to not cave on this.  They are setting this thing up right to be in position to compete year after year.

-I guess….if you think 3rd, 4th and 5th rd picks are negligible.   They are not. 

- I agree that they were smart not to pay him top of the market money.  He’s good, but he’s not that good. 

going forward, it may be in Browns best interest to pull a Vincent Jackson and sit out most of the year unless KC promises not to tag him again next year.  How would you play this scenario out if you were KC?  

Would you put Thuney @LT?

Edited by NewEra

21 minutes ago, T master said:

The new world order reference was not to the meaning of the way the NFL players get paid & seeing as this is a NFL football subject i don't want to go into it on this particular post it was in regards to this but in a different inn general application of thought .

But if you would like to hit me up on the personal messenger side on this sight i would be happy to explain just to clarify .

There's no new order at all.   Players ask for the most money they can get, owners say yes or no.   It will always be so.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

I did.  

Well then you didn't come close to understanding a word i typed & must have totally glazed over the second sentence which was intended to not clutter up this post with needless reply's . Just saying .

Have a good day sir !! 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, T master said:

More of the money should go to build each team a brand new stadium with the best of medical facilities & let's say more to those veterans that didn't have the type of medical retirement that these guys have & are dealing with CTE & other problems from playing the game that would be a good start .

But there again that's just me i guess .

Can’t/shouldn’t  the owners already be doing this with the billions of dollars they are collectively making every year? 

Edited by Ya Digg?

Couldn’t happen to a better organization. This shows the difference between the Bills and Chiefs FO. Bills traded a similar pick for a WR and got a deal done before it became a problem. This is a problem that is not fixed by sliding your LG to LT. Then you have a lesser player at two spots. Stick to your guns Big Man, someone will pay you and don’t play for the tag, you are better than that. 

On 7/15/2022 at 3:55 PM, BarleyNY said:

Why do people complain about players trying to get the best deal they can while they shrug their shoulders at owners trying to get the best deal they can? 

Same reason why people complain about owners taking agreed share while players often sit out when they have signed a contract under no obligation for they are not slaves.

Difference in opinions.

On 7/17/2022 at 10:11 AM, NewEra said:

-I guess….if you think 3rd, 4th and 5th rd picks are negligible.   They are not. 

- I agree that they were smart not to pay him top of the market money.  He’s good, but he’s not that good. 

going forward, it may be in Browns best interest to pull a Vincent Jackson and sit out most of the year unless KC promises not to tag him again next year.  How would you play this scenario out if you were KC?  

Would you put Thuney @LT?

sorry for the late response.

Regarding the draft pick compensation....yes, I took all the picks into consideration.  when you run all those through calculators, the trade came out to more or less Brown for a 2nd.  

Going forward I do NOT think it's in Browns best interest to sit.  He's only made about 3.5 million so far in his NFL career.  He can collect a 16.5 Mil to play on the tag this year.  That's a lot of money.  Also, Brown isn't the picture of prime physical athlete...he has to work at staying in good enough shape to play football.  He's the kind of guy who needs camp to get into playing shape.  Sitting out would be a major test of his willpower to keep up with training etc.  This is a guy who completely blew off the combine his draft year....nothing in his past suggests he has the self discipline to stay on task.  

I would consider moving Thuney to LT.  But, that is probably a fools errand....if Thuney was a good LT...he'd be playing LT....way more money for dudes that are good at that.  It might be that they'd roll with some dudes we've not heard of and see how that goes (probalby not good)  

I'd say Brown sits out through most or all of camp and shows up for week 1....to collect his fat tag money.

I would say that IF Brown has a really good year, KC would gladly pay him.  Last year he was medicore and they weren't going to pay him top money to be mediocre again.  KC has a ton of draft capital next year and would be prepared to address this in the draft after this season.  

I think it's probably mutually beneficial to both if he shows up and plays on the tag.

5 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Regarding the draft pick compensation....yes, I took all the picks into consideration.  when you run all those through calculators, the trade came out to more or less Brown for a 2nd.  

Going forward I do NOT think it's in Browns best interest to sit.  He's only made about 3.5 million so far in his NFL career.  He can collect a 16.5 Mil to play on the tag this year.  That's a lot of money.  Also, Brown isn't the picture of prime physical athlete...he has to work at staying in good enough shape to play football.  He's the kind of guy who needs camp to get into playing shape.  Sitting out would be a major test of his willpower to keep up with training etc.  This is a guy who completely blew off the combine his draft year....nothing in his past suggests he has the self discipline to stay on task.  

I would consider moving Thuney to LT.  But, that is probably a fools errand....if Thuney was a good LT...he'd be playing LT....way more money for dudes that are good at that.  It might be that they'd roll with some dudes we've not heard of and see how that goes (probalby not good)  

I'd say Brown sits out through most or all of camp and shows up for week 1....to collect his fat tag money.

I would say that IF Brown has a really good year, KC would gladly pay him.  Last year he was medicore and they weren't going to pay him top money to be mediocre again.  KC has a ton of draft capital next year and would be prepared to address this in the draft after this season.  

I think it's probably mutually beneficial to both if he shows up and plays on the tag.

Feels like it's going to be a down year for KC this season, don't expect them to stay down, but their streak of AFC Championship appearances seems unlikely to continue this year.

8 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

As a chief fan, I would feel the same.  

If he does play the full year under the tag, I hope, for his sake, that he avoids injury.  It would cost him in a big way

On 7/19/2022 at 6:26 PM, HOUSE said:

If Orlando Brown accepts a putrid 25 miillion per season then he is a big fat wimp.

Stop letting the Chiefs push you around like that. Have some self respect.....

The owner probably carries that much around in his car. He should make him go back home and grab some from under the mattress too. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.