Orlando Brown wants 25 mill/yr?

YoloinOhio

Inflation 

The highest paid offensive lineman in the NFL is the San Francisco 49ers' Trent Williams. He makes $23.01 million per season. The Green Bay Packers' David Bakhtiari is second. He makes $23 million in average annual salary.   Feb 14, 2022

On average, NFL waterboys make $53,000 per year (according to Stack.com). However, that's just the salary for beginners. For professionals, their salary can be higher as any other highest paid NFL waterboy.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Do I hear 35, 40?  We’ll played Augster.

By all means, please keep driving insane salaries so they have to purge or go bankrupt.

HA! By all means, let them take the “what ya’ got left? I’ll have THAT!” approach!!!  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

So they were somewhat criticized at the time for trading for him without a new deal in place. It’s the reason he was traded in the first place. Ravens didn’t want to pay him. Chiefs were desperate at LT when Eric fisher got hurt/old . But now looks like could have been a (costly) band aid. When you do that, the player has all the leverage. 

Yup.  This is exactly why you only make a trade like that if you have an extension agreed upon.  It was an undisciplined move by KC and it’s gonna cost them. 

Spotrac has him at 5/$112 or $22.4M AAV.  So starting negotiations at $25M+ makes sense, especially with his leverage.  Ofc KC could franchise tag him for that kind of money. 

Edited by BarleyNY

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Yup.  This is exactly why you only make a trade like that if you have an extension agreed upon.  It was an undisciplined move by KC and it’s gonna cost them. 

Spotrac has him at 5/$112 or $22.4M AAV.  So starting negotiations at $25M+ makes sense, especially with his leverage.  Ofc KC could franchise tag him for that kind of money. 

Maybe I'm misreading what you wrote, but KC did franchise tag him. 

If $25M is what he actually expects, and less would cause major disappointment, yeah, good luck with that.

Might easily just be a warning shot off the bows or a first negotiating position, though. He and the Chiefs both say they want him in KC.

40 minutes ago, Doc said:

Maybe I'm misreading what you wrote, but KC did franchise tag him. 

I might be misunderstanding his meaning, but I thought me might mean that they could franchise him for a second time in a row, and I believe it would still cost less than the $22M that Spotrac is projecting for a second contract's AAV.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

I know people are giving him a hard time. On the other hand, the guy has seen the affects of the game 1st hand. His dad was a great player, had that freak eye injury from the refs flag. And then his father passed at 40.

As offensive linemen with limited playing careers and often times life spans bc of the rigors they put their bodies through… I understand the player wanting as much money as possible. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Augie said:

I think the real question is how much worse would they have been without him?  Maybe one play at a critical time? Maybe in a certain playoff game???

I don’t blame the guy for wanting to get paid. I’m just glad this is the Chief’s problem. This one appears to have been misplayed by KC who gave up all their leverage without locking the player down. This does not feel very “Beane-esque”. 

I dunno, Poyer is quiet right now…. He’d be a huge loss for us…. Not as big of a loss as OB but big…. I think JaQuon Johnson would play if Poyer held out. JJ is super smart but a little smaller and a step slower….

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s the reason he was traded in the first place. Ravens didn’t want to pay him. 

I thought the reason the Ravens traded him was they had just given  Stanley the big contract to play LT and Orlando Brown wanted to play and be paid like a LT.  That Stanley contract has been a loser so far for the Ravens as he has missed the most of two seasons since then.  Staley is expected to be fully healthy this year.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, cage said:

Not sure what's going on at the Chiefs board, but if that was a Bills player this thread would be on page 18 with the vitriol being hurled at him

They've convinced themselves that Orlando has no leverage and will take whatever they offer, otherwise he's just average anyway and they can replace him by either shuffling their Oline, or signing a Free Agent (including Eric Fisher their previous LT).

The best case contract was to pay him $19-20mil/ year for 5 years then a 6th (voidable) for 50mil to make it look like He's the highest paid to sooth Brown's ego.

Edited by unbillievable

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.