Camp tix now available to STH

This whole thing is so frustrating. They made it appear that it would be handled through the app. Instead, they went through Ticketmaster that has more scalper bots on it than humans 24/7. They should have released some tickets one day and others at a later date so people knew what they were up against. Guarantee you there were bots that had the Ticketmaster URL and were sitting on the page in queue hours before we got through on the app.

• Agree 1

Well that was an awful user esperience to get tickets. Used to get them all the time pre covid. I'm traveling back to Rochester for 2 weeks during training camp and wanted to get to camp but waited in the line and it ended up selling out.

If any one has a couple spares, would like to take my daughter, PM me please.

2 hours ago, Since1981 said:

The casual days of Rochester folks on lunch breaks, kids then hanging at camp fence lines…appear to be over :( boooo. 

Our price for success on the field :)

on field success in the '90s and was able to just go to camp and hang out at fences and watch.

• Like (+1) 1

Guarantee that many people who requested tix, did so thinking they may go, and will end up not going(it’s too hot, too cold, might rain, far to drive, going to be crowded, etc…).   

Bills staffer who came up with this plan should be fired.  Sometimes just can’t get out of their own way.  😞

Edited by BTB
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Got in queue at 2:00 yesterday with 8500 in front of me. I kept it open and carried it around in my pocket. About 90 minutes later it was 6790. By 6:00 it was under 2000. Around 6:30, it started dropping faster and faster until I was in! It took me to the site and then kicked me off. I really did not expect to get tickets, I was just wondering how long it would take to sh*t the bed. I was out doing things while the doomsday clock was ticking in my pocket. I was really hoping to take my grandson to camp. Oh well.

• Agree 1

On 7/14/2022 at 3:50 PM, badassgixxer05 said:

Im just going to show up and see if someone has extra ticket at the gate. If not ill hang out on campus and get some lunch later. lol

You might have a better chance for an extra ticket at one of the bus lots. They may give you a hard time on campus with no ticket, I cannot really speak to that though. Good luck!

2 hours ago, rockpile said:

You might have a better chance for an extra ticket at one of the bus lots. They may give you a hard time on campus with no ticket, I cannot really speak to that though. Good luck!

yeah, ill be arriving early on 30th with my Dad. We usually go to Mendon lot and take the bus. hoping we run into someone that has an extra. Will def throw a few bucks. If not will still find something to do out there. haha

16 hours ago, Since1981 said:

The casual days of Rochester folks on lunch breaks, kids then hanging at camp fence lines…appear to be over :( boooo. 

Our price for success on the field :)

Yes.

Sad.

I remember visiting camp during lunch in the mid 2000’s on a whim. No we need tickets.

9 hours ago, rockpile said:

Or you could always "breakdown" on the 490 with a pair of binoculars.  😆

On 7/14/2022 at 1:36 PM, rockpile said:

I remember waiting in line for an hour at a store to have them run out before I got mine.

You had to check where the tickets were every day because it went from groceries to drug stores to quick marts during the week.

I went to a 7/11 at the time they were supposed to be available, only to be told they never got any tickets. 

This is just as bad but at least you can get disgusted and still have no tickets without driving around town. I remember it being the most efficient when Wegmans sponsored camp, but that was 20 years ago. 

Might as well move camp BACK to Orchard Park. This fiasco is not "expanding the fan base".

I snagged some from Tops one year, SafeLite another year, and I think a Monroe Muffler or some other auto shop. Never had any trouble with any of those. Yeah, you did need to know where to go and when, but it wasn't like waiting for 12,000 people ahead of you, only to have the app crash, and you end up getting nothing. I guess I figure if I go somewhere and I'm late, that's on me for being late; if an app tells you you can get your ticket, then proceeds to barf all over itself and deny you a ticket... that pisses me right off.

On 7/15/2022 at 5:43 PM, rockpile said:

How does someone give you an extra ticket easily if it's digital and stored on the phone? It may be easy, I simply don't know.

2 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

In Green Bay training camp practices have always been fully open to the public. No tickets are needed to enter Ray Nitschke Field. I pray they aren't charging you guys for tickets like some NFL teams do. Sounds like a real cluster fk to get tickets. They need a better system.

There are normally about 3K fans at each of the open practices on Ray Nitschke Field. Only 12 open practices this year which is down from previous years. The joint practices are always the best ones to attend. This year the Saints will be visiting Green Bay for the joint practices.

Family Night inside Lambeau Field is also considered a practice and draws 80K fans. That is a ticketed event and tickets are $10. Again, no charge or tickets needed for any of the practices at Ray Nitschke Field.

Fireworks follow the practice and many jerseys and other items are given away.

images-6.jpg.b6fea32894d2e40a10e854237ee13f59.jpg

They didn't charge for practice tickets but the problem is that a bunch of the tickets were likely picked up by bots and people are going to try and sell them now for a profit. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.