Gabe Davis getting stronger

Dablitzkrieg

9 hours ago, Logic said:

There is understandably a lot of doubt about whether or not Davis can be a successful, top tier #2 WR for the duration of an entire season.

Count me among those that has very little doubt. All he has lacked so far is opportunity.

He seems to have an elite work ethic and tireless drive to succeed. He's big, strong, finds ways to get open, and has a great rapport with Josh, especially on broken plays.

I think Diggs/Davis becomes one of the top duos in the league this year.

My only real concern is finding a way to re-sign both Davis and Dawson Knox, as losing either would represent a considerable blow to the offense.

Those who doubt Davis excelling as a true 2 WR will be pleaseantly surprised. 

As you said, opportunity is the ony thing missing from his game.

It will be on full display this season and the Bills will benefit greatly. 

Dudes' got game.

2 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Not if some of that muscle mass went to the legs also....I think it's muscle weight and not fat weight from wings etc lol

Correct. Muscle weighs more than fat.

Gabe is a guy who really works so he isn't sitting around getting fat.  I have to assume he is approaching it in a healthy manner. Why would anyone choose to believe the opposite?  

I remember hot-take idiots saying Singletary's major addition of muscle last year would slow him down and hurt his game.  How'd that turn out?

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Gabe is a guy who really works so he isn't sitting around getting fat.  I have to assume he is approaching it in a healthy manner. Why would anyone choose to believe the opposite?  

I remember hot-take idiots saying Singletary's major addition of muscle last year would slow him down and hurt his game.  How'd that turn out?

Agreed....don't get why some are automatically assuming he will be slower? As an example, looking at a WR like DK Metcalf and how big he is, he's not slow

23 minutes ago, The Dean said:

That would be a cool story comparing two players bulking up.......and the first one getting quicker/faster demonstrating that's how you do it.

If it were true.

The only Devin Singletary story of the offseason was how he had spent the entire offseason trying to get faster.

https://www.golongtd.com/p/what-fuels-motor-devin-singletary

It was very quiet on the Motor front before this article came out in April and there was no talk last offseason about him adding weight.......certainly not like Davis adding 17 pounds.

45 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Please explain? How does a pound of muscle weigh more than a pound of fat or a pound of flesh?  

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Please explain? How does a pound of muscle weigh more than a pound of fat or a pound of flesh?  

Believe muscle just has more density. Weight is the same...although have always heard lot of ppl say muscle weighs more, but it's the density and not the weight.

17 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

So, by your logic, ALL things weigh the same, as a pound is a pound?  Did I get that right?  A cup of feathers weighs less than a cup of BBs.  I never said, nor meant to imply a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat.  Where did you get that from?

Just FYI an ounce of feathers weighs MORE than an ounce of gold.

34 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That would be a cool story comparing two players bulking up.......and the first one getting quicker/faster demonstrating that's how you do it.

If it were true.

The only Devin Singletary story of the offseason was how he had spent the entire offseason trying to get faster.

https://www.golongtd.com/p/what-fuels-motor-devin-singletary

It was very quiet on the Motor front before this article came out in April and there was no talk last offseason about him adding weight.......certainly not like Davis adding 17 pounds.

That article isn't what I am referring to.   There were pictures posted of Motors transformed body, especially the major growth of his thighs, on this board.  Several here, when viewing the evidence, claimed that would hinder his performance and speed. 

So, what's your point. Do you think Gabe is gaining fat weight?  Do you think he's bulking up on junk food?  Are you predicting he will be slower and/or less productive this year due to the extra weight?

I'm not concluding anything. I'm just saying this is a guy who trains very hard.  If he is gaining weight on purpose, I will assume it is done in the right way, and not simply adding fat. And I won't automatically assume that will make him slower or less effective, over the course of the season. 

This isn't the only article, as many of the pictures were on Twitter and such (that's what I recall, anyway).

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-devin-singletary-blocks-out-the-noise-while-putting-in-the-work-to-improve/article_3902cc42-c94f-11eb-9421-5bfa31ca2b65.html

"I added more muscle," he said.

"What he did was he burned his fat and put on lean muscle mass," Hicks said. "I remember him leaving here and he was at 205, and he looked huge."

2 minutes ago, The Dean said:

This isn't the only article, as many of the pictures were on Twitter and such (that's what I recall, anyway).

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-devin-singletary-blocks-out-the-noise-while-putting-in-the-work-to-improve/article_3902cc42-c94f-11eb-9421-5bfa31ca2b65.html

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/bills-devin-singletary-workout/

55 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If it were true.

Guess it wasn't the ONLY story, huh?

10 minutes ago, The Dean said:

An old thread about this very subject, that apparently was NEVER a story:

15 minutes ago, The Dean said:

There were a bunch of articles written about Singletary after the one that I linked..........but they were all a derivative of the same story.

His claims of getting faster thru focused training were much talked about.

But he didn't add any notable weight.

Read the story you posted......his trainer literally said that Singletary played at 203 in 2020 and was 205 coming to training camp..........basically the same body weight.

There is a big difference between just converting some fat to muscle without adding weight for your legs to carry and adding on 17 more pounds to your frame like Davis has reportedly done.

Nobody was saying that the same weight in muscle makes you slower than that weight in fat..........it's an absurd notion.........you are conflating two different things. :doh:

Now if someone said "Singletary looks like he put on 17 pounds" when he did not...........that doesn't support your claim either........we don't know if Singetary would have played as well with 17 more pounds of weight.........because he didn't.

Do you understand or are you determined to push this lie?

4 hours ago, The Dean said:

It was like he woke up one day and decided his life was now violence.  He took his existing field vision and elusiveness, and added the ability to carry one fool on his back while trucking another fool all the way to a first down.

Legendary run.

I know he has not blown up yet, but Gabe reminds me A LOT of Terrell Owens. His mentality is completely different, but he is the same type of physical specimen and has a lot of similar traits to Owens' game. This year, with him being the clear cut #2 going into the season, I expect him to have a breakout similar to Owens 3rd year in SF. 

21 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Whew!  17 sounded like a lot.  

Interesting that the article says we will be a bigger and faster Gabriel Davis.  If that's true, he'll be a special target for Josh.   In the red zone, Josh will have a big strong guy and Diggs, who can beat pretty much anyone off the line.   Nice combo.  

And don't forget sneaky Knox

13 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

Judging by hit squat form I'd say he has no idea what he wants. Surprised he didn't get hurt. I've been lifting for close to a decade 5 days a week.

I’d stay in your lane on that one. Just like all the Twitter bro’s should be doing in the comment section of his vid. As a fitness pro that works with numerous college athletes and multiple highschool football/wrestling programs it’s easy to see what’s being done there. In fact he flat out says at the end of the video it’s planned partials. 

Different ROM’s and speeds play different parts in structural and neural adaptations. This is more neural. And judging by his comments at the end of the clip I’d bet large money he does plenty of other squat variations(barbell or otherwise) where he sees a full ROM. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I’d stay in your lane on that one. Just like all the Twitter bro’s should be doing in the comment section of his vid. As a fitness pro that works with numerous college athletes and multiple highschool football  and wrestling programs it’s easy to see what’s being done there. In fact he flat out says at the end of the video it’s planned partials. 

Different ROM’s and speeds play different parts in structural and neural adaptations. This is more neural. And judging by his comments at the end of the clip I’d bet large money he does plenty of other squat variations(barbell or otherwise) where he sees a full ROM. 

If that's the case I'm good with it. I didn't read that anywhere but makes sense if it is indeed partials. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.