Gabe Davis getting stronger

Dablitzkrieg

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

For a young athlete training hard with a likely great hormonal profile, it's not unrealistic to gain somewhere between 1-1.5 lbs of muscle a month. They have the best of everything. They can rest optimally between training sessions, take naps, get the best treatments, food, etc...

For normal people that is likely capped around 0.5-1lb a month and even that is unlikely since it's near impossible to have a job, have a family and still be able to do things optimally.

17 lbs is completely not happening unless it's a lot of fat or from PEDs

That is a very good point I didn't consider BT. These guys are young and have the best available in supplementation, nutrition, training methods and coaching at their disposal. 

No so for the older average Joe.

4 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Lol, I wonder if Kelvin Benjamin popped into anyone's mind when seeing this news

Brandon Marshall.  I think Davis has a monster year and breaks the Bills record for receiving Tds.  He is the Copper Kupp of this offense.  Kupps blocking ability is what makes him hard to defend.   

5 hours ago, SWATeam said:

Seems bizarre that they only have two legitimate outside WR's on this roster, and then like 5 potential slots.  Seems risky to me, but maybe they have a plan to add someone else.

Shakir has potential to be an outside WR and McKenzie played outside his first year with Allen and was the leading receiver. They will be fine in a pinch.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

But putting another 17 pounds on his frame after struggling with boo-boo foot both at the end of 2020 and the first 3 months of the 2021 season............we would assume he knows what's best for his body.........but if he ends up with the fascitis or joint issues that slow him that will be a "what was he thinking" decision.

This is something I have been a little concerned about even without the weight gain. Especially since he's the main guy now opposite of Diggs. 

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Quite honestly with his frame at

6’2”, and if what someone just wrote he was 216 and growing, then I like 

a fast solid route runner who has the strength to deal with contested catches.

I thought Metcalf was around that size.  I’m not saying Davis is Metcalf yet, but let’s hope this year.

Serious question (that some may think of as stupid): Would you trade Gabe Davis for Metcalf straight up? I’m much higher on Gabe than most, it seems. (Same with Knox, and I hope we can keep both long term.) 

Count me in as a member of the "Davis is gonna be a stud" camp.  The guy was already a good route runner, with strong hands and great footwork along the sidelines.  If he's added a little burst and more physicality, he can be a legit no. 1 receiver in this league.  Very excited to see what Josh will do this year with Diggs, improved versions of Gabe and Knox, and the addition of the smooth Cook out of the backfield.  Our boy has some elite weapons to play with and that's not even counting Crowder, the explosiveness of McKenzie, and potential playmaking ability of Shakir.  

Edited by TheBrownBear

51 minutes ago, Augie said:

Serious question (that some may think of as stupid): Would you trade Gabe Davis for Metcalf straight up? I’m much higher on Gabe than most, it seems. (Same with Knox, and I hope we can keep both long term.) 

Augster, both have value, but first the Hawks aren’t trading him, and they are both dynamic.  Why give stuff up when you have to pay either one?

I say you stay with the daily you know than…

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Augster, both have value, but first the Hawks aren’t trading him, and they are both dynamic.  Why give stuff up when you have to pay either one?

I say you stay with the daily you know than…

My apologies, as I HATE those hypothetical trade threads. I didn’t mean it like that. It was just kind of a rhetorical question where I show Davis support. He is the guy I’d rather have on my team moving forward a few years. I can’t “support that” in any way (and I’m NOT doing any research), it’s just my gut. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Awwufelloff said:

Adding weight isn’t necessarily good for a wide out. Speed is everything in the nfl. 

🙄🙄🙄🙄You think he went into the offseason and said… “I wanna be bigger. Even if it means I’m noticeably slower”???? …. I friggin doubt it. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

55 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Adding weight isn’t necessarily good for a wide out. Speed is everything in the nfl. 

Not necessarily... I would think it depends what part of the body is getting most of the muscle mass. My educated guess is if all the leg muscles get enough attention then I think speed could definitely improve.

7 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

17 lbs is way too much and will affect his speed.

This is the problem with living in Buffalo. There's nothing to do other than eating lots of wings with ranch sauce 

You and @Royale with Cheese should just get a room!   :)

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

My apologies, as I HATE those hypothetical trade threads. I didn’t mean it like that. It was just kind of a rhetorical question where I show Davis support. He is the guy I’d rather have on my team moving forward a few years. I can’t “support that” in any way (and I’m NOT doing any research), it’s just my gut. 

No worries brother.  I agree with you’re support FWIW.  There has been this never ending argument we won’t have the $ to pay them all who comes due.  I’m not sure I buy it as next year the capologists projects in the mid 220’s, but the year after the mid 250’s, and goes up from there.

Id love a Knox deal early, but the three positions to tag as the tag is low is Safety, TE, and RB.  WR is now ridiculous, but if Gabe has a breakout year, they can work out some deal if they see worth it.  We need Knox though in personnel as it’s so dam difficult to find TE’s.

5 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

17 lbs is way too much and will affect his speed.

This is the problem with living in Buffalo. There's nothing to do other than eating lots of wings with ranch sauce 

Not if some of that muscle mass went to the legs also....I think it's muscle weight and not fat weight from wings etc lol

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

🙄🙄🙄🙄You think he went into the offseason and said… “I wanna be bigger. Even if it means I’m noticeably slower”???? …. I friggin doubt it. 

Judging by hit squat form I'd say he has no idea what he wants. Surprised he didn't get hurt. I've been lifting for close to a decade 5 days a week.

Edited by Awwufelloff
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.