Gabe Davis getting stronger

Dablitzkrieg

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s up 7lbs if you read the article.

Whew!  17 sounded like a lot.  

Interesting that the article says we will be a bigger and faster Gabriel Davis.  If that's true, he'll be a special target for Josh.   In the red zone, Josh will have a big strong guy and Diggs, who can beat pretty much anyone off the line.   Nice combo.  

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s up 7lbs if you read the article.

This is what I read:

"Davis hasn’t missed a workout since the end of the 2021 season, bulking up from his listed weight of 210 pounds to 227 this offseason (he was around 220 pounds last year), according to his trainer Bert Whigham."

He's up either 7 or 17 lbs, depending on your frame of reference.  

www.pff.com/news/nfl-wide-receivers-bigger-roles-2022-gabriel-davis-sammy-watkins 

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The guy gets it.  He is an extremely hard worker and takes his game seriously.  You can tell he wants to be great and that is only going to help us going forward.  Here's hoping he blows up this season and becomes one of the best in the league.  Another guy we will want to have to pay when the time comes if all goes right.

• Like (+1) 18

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

Whew!  17 sounded like a lot.  

Interesting that the article says we will be a bigger and faster Gabriel Davis.  If that's true, he'll be a special target for Josh.   In the red zone, Josh will have a big strong guy and Diggs, who can beat pretty much anyone off the line.   Nice combo.  

Davis is a crazy worker. The guy wrote the article with a quote from his trainer saying he was 220lbs last year. But decided to go with listed weight for the shock. Hate reporters like that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

There is understandably a lot of doubt about whether or not Davis can be a successful, top tier #2 WR for the duration of an entire season.

Count me among those that has very little doubt. All he has lacked so far is opportunity.

He seems to have an elite work ethic and tireless drive to succeed. He's big, strong, finds ways to get open, and has a great rapport with Josh, especially on broken plays.

I think Diggs/Davis becomes one of the top duos in the league this year.

My only real concern is finding a way to re-sign both Davis and Dawson Knox, as losing either would represent a considerable blow to the offense.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sven233 said:

The guy gets it.  He is an extremely hard worker and takes his game seriously.  You can tell he wants to be great and that is only going to help us going forward.  Here's hoping he blows up this season and becomes one of the best in the league.  Another guy we will want to have to pay when the time comes if all goes right.

Yep. He's our Larry Fitzgerald.

He knows he's at a premium position, too. Working for that insane pay day.

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

So am I, but its less impressive when I do it

Announces Last Call GIF

Keep grinding, bro!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

There is understandably a lot of doubt about whether or not Davis can be a successful, top tier #2 WR for the duration of an entire season.

Count me among those that has very little doubt. All he has lacked so far is opportunity.

He seems to have an elite work ethic and tireless drive to succeed. He's big, strong, finds ways to get open, and has a great rapport with Josh, especially on broken plays.

My only real concern is finding a way to re-sign both Davis and Dawson Knox, as losing either would represent a considerable blow to the offense.

Im not sure how they will distribute targets. I think Davis will be a clear WR2 in targets but they could spread it around after Diggs.

I think Davis can easily be a full time WR. He might get 80 targets or 120, depends on Crowder IMO. Crowder is a better WR than people think. He’s one of the best pure slot WRs in the NFL.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

10 catches for 242 yards and 5 TDs in 2 playoff games among an already stacked receiver group should automatically eliminate any doubt about being a #2.  They playoffs is when you unleash your weapons, and he wasn't even really needed against the Patriots so his workload was lighter in the first game.

Crazy to think he wasn't even a top 250 WR college recruiting prospect, or top 250 Florida recruit.  Beane loves his late bloomers.

Edited by 1ManRaid

17 lbs in an offseason is very tough even for elite athletes that have all the best in terms of training, diet, sleep, sports science etc...7 lbs is definitely possible with all that. 17 over 2 years is definitely achievable and sounds about right.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Im not sure how they will distribute targets. I think Davis will be a clear WR2 in targets but they could spread it around after Diggs.

I think Davis can easily be a full time WR. He might get 80 targets or 120, depends on Crowder IMO. Crowder is a better WR than people think. He’s one of the best pure slot WRs in the NFL.

I'm really eager to see how he does with Josh throwing to him. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Crowder has always given the Bills fits even when the Jets were terrible. Very excited to see what he brings.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

17 lbs in an offseason is very tough even for elite athletes that have all the best in terms of training, diet, sleep, sports science etc...7 lbs is definitely possible with all that. 17 over 2 years is definitely achievable and sounds about right.

Looks like he puts on some muscle every offseason. 216 lbs was his combine weight. 220 lbs last offseason per trainer. 223 lbs per cover1 about 3-4 months ago. So it seems like he does 3-4 lbs an offseason. He’ll likely drop weight in camp and through the season.

The guy is very self motivated.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.