My Man, Chandler81 RIP (Bobby, not me. Don’t get your hopes up)

Chandler#81

17 minutes ago, Beast said:

It's a different day and age. Billy Shaw, a Hall of Famer, wouldn't make todays squad.

I realize it is a different era, I considered that.   Bob Chandler wouldn't  make the PS on this team, imo, way too slow.  In fact most of the Bills Super Bowl era players wouldn't make todays squad.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Disagree 1

43 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Huh?

Chandler did some commercials after he retired.  I recognized him in them.  I think this one was one of those infomercials they ran on Saturday mornings.  It's too long ago for me to remember what he was selling, but it was definitely Bob Chandler in the ad.  

14 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Chandler did some commercials after he retired.  I recognized him in them.  I think this one was one of those infomercials they ran on Saturday mornings.  It's too long ago for me to remember what he was selling, but it was definitely Bob Chandler in the ad.  

'Bobby Chandler's Quick-Pickin' N Fun-Strummin' Home Geetar Course'.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1995-01-28-sp-25175-story.html

Ex-Raider Bob Chandler Is Dead at 45 : Football: Former USC and pro wide receiver and radio commentator succumbs after four-month battle with cancer.

I am sure if he had done something criminal it would have been "Ex-Bill Bob Chandler arrested ...."

Chandler was drafted in the seventh round by the Bills and played nine seasons with them. He caught more than 60 passes in 1976 and ’77.

Chandler was one of the first people to visit Simpson on June 13, hours after the bodies of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman were found.

Chandler was a regular visitor of Simpson’s in jail, usually going there two or three times a week. The visits continued even after Chandler became ill.

“We weren’t best friends, but we always had tremendous respect for each other,” Chandler said recently.

22 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

This dude died in 1995.

Without twitter some things slipped thru the cracks. Yolo is only human! 

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

Me and just about every Bills fan that was a kid in the 70s practiced Bob Chandler sideline catches while keeping feet in bounds Bobby style 

Gabe Davis is an astute historian! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.