My Man, Chandler81 RIP (Bobby, not me. Don’t get your hopes up)

Chandler#81

9 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

In an era of running games, the man led WRs in receiving for 2 straight years and came close to a 3rd.

Led what WRs, the Bills?

I looked it up, yes he led all the Bills wrs for 2 years including the mighty Lou Piccone, John Holland, Reggie Craig and other names most non-Bill fans have never heard off.  Chandler as I wrote was good but he was in an era when the Bills sucked and most of the offense was OJ.

• Disagree 1

Did not know this...but: Chandler's niece Sarah George Chester and her daughter Payton were two of the nine victims, along with Kobe Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter Gianna, on board the helicopter that crashed in Calabasas, California on January 26, 2020.

Via Wiki

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Bob Chandler was a really good WR in an era where playing the position was not easy.  DB's could really be physical and abusive to WR's back then.  I remember he was fun to watch.  How long did he play for the Bills?

9 years with the Bills, another 3 with the Raiders, where he was a contributing member of a Super Bowl winner. 

Best season was 1976 with 61 catches, 824 yards, and 10 TD's for a bad Bills team back in the 14 game season timeframe. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/12/2022 at 3:00 PM, Rubes said:

The only Bills jersey I own...

Ditto, until I recently bought an Allen..

22 hours ago, CSBill said:

@Chandler#81 is gone. I’ll miss his grouchy posts. 🫣

Ya Got dam Whippersnapper!

F89638F1-CB55-4342-9E1C-179C574E4FB5.jpeg

6 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Led what WRs, the Bills?

I looked it up, yes he led all the Bills wrs for 2 years including the mighty Lou Piccone, John Holland, Reggie Craig and other names most non-Bill fans have never heard off.  Chandler as I wrote was good but he was in an era when the Bills sucked and most of the offense was OJ.

6 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Led what WRs, the Bills?

Dude, it’s ok not to know everything.

lighten up.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Chandler#81 changed the title to My Man, Chandler81 RIP (Bobby, not me. Don’t get your hopes up)
20 hours ago, without a drought said:

Me too, I'm sure I was better at it than all of you,  but it's nice that you tried. 

No way.  When I was is "Bobby Chandler Mode" I could reach over the hook of a parked car and ***** a ball without bending the antenna!

Sidewalk catches along the hedge was also one of my specialties.

Edited by ColoradoBills
LOL ***** I was trying to say "snitch" using an a
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

No way.  When I was is "Bobby Chandler Mode" I could reach over the hook of a parked car and ***** a ball without bending the antenna!

Sidewalk catches along the hedge was also one of my specialties.

Most importantly, you had to be very careful near Mrs Watson’s rose bushes. Those thorns would GET YOU and you just had to make a business decision. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

Most importantly, you had to be very careful near Mrs Watson’s Kozlowski's rose bushes. Those thorns would GET YOU and you just had to make a business decision. 

I grew up in South Cheektowaga and Mrs. Kozlowski lived in the same house as me.  It was a business decision for multiple reasons!

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

9 years with the Bills, another 3 with the Raiders, where he was a contributing member of a Super Bowl winner. 

Best season was 1976 with 61 catches, 824 yards, and 10 TD's for a bad Bills team back in the 14 game season timeframe. 

Thanks for the stats on Chandler.  The 1976 season was my first living in Buffalo.  We had a bad team back then.  But I remember Chandler was really good.  For some reason I remember we had a punt returner named Keith Moody.  Guy played CB also.  I think he had a punt return for a TD that year against the Jets.  Not sure how I remember that given I was 11 at the time.  LOL

But Chandler was a real technician and would have been really good in any era.   

15 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Led what WRs, the Bills?

He led the NFL WRs!!!!

13 hours ago, Wheels Not So Golden Now said:

Chandler wrote a pretty interesting autobiography: "Violent Sundays".

Image1.jpg

Yeah, just bought it recently.  Interesting info and insights.   Chuck Knox seemed to be an a$$.

16 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ditto, until I recently bought an Allen..

Ya Got dam Whippersnapper!

F89638F1-CB55-4342-9E1C-179C574E4FB5.jpeg

Dude, it’s ok not to know everything.

lighten up.

Glad you're still with us, and have a sense of humor, old guy. Be well!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/13/2022 at 10:07 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

Led what WRs, the Bills?

#5 in the NFL in catches in 1975

#2 in the NFL in catches in 1976

#2 in the NFL in catches in 1977

Tied for #2 in the NFL in receivingTDs in 1980

Tied for #3 in the NFL in receiving TDs in 1976

He was damn good.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.