Gabriel Davis getting ready for training camp in Orlando at UCF with Isaiah Hodgins and.......Sammy Watkins?!?!

Special K

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Dude is grindin. Love it. Thats nice clean work for a long limbed 210lb athlete. So excited to watch his come up this year.

Sidenote: As a fitness professional that happens to be the head strength and conditioning coach for a high profile  local high school football program, as well as working with multiple college athletes, i find the internet Bro's in his comments amusing. The dude specifically explains what he's doing at the end of the clip and the twitter bro's still cant help themselves.

He's probably added 10 lbs of size so realistically he's probably closer to 220 or more now. 

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Got to put your disclaimers at the beginning, a 26 second video is way too long to expect them to watch all the way to the end. 🤦‍♂️

LOL! fair enough..... but lets be honest. The guys commenting on it most likely have never even hit parallel themselves anyways 🤣

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

That ain't squatting, it's more like half-squatting. As he notes.

Still pretty damn impressive.

I'm hopeful for him, myself.

It’s a movement directed more at the neural adaptions as opposed to structural adaptations. As you said, he acknowledges what’s going on so I can basically guarantee he also incorporates plenty different deeper movements into his programming. Whether it’s a bar on his back or other variations. 

My thoughts on all the comments that follow on Twitter?…. Stay in your lane, boys and girls. 

43 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I've read this thread title like 30 times and this time I read he was training "for UFC" not "at UCF" for some reason and thought I had been wrong the first 30 times. 

2 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Titles wrong... you mean Sammy Watkins and Isiah Hodgins are training with Gabe Davis

LOL..... I thought the title was wordy enough, but to be completely accurate, it should have been:

Gabe Davis getting ready for Bills training camp by training at UCF in Orlando.....Isaiah Hodgins and Sammy Watkins training with him.

Is that better??🙂

Everybody who is trashing watkins doesn’t understand the mindset of certain elite athletes 

He isn’t the first or last Big-time athlete to not have any work ethic

Athletically he was Gods gift…. Great frame, strength , speed , hand eye coordination 

Five-star recruit and one of the only true freshman all Americans ever… Nothing was ever hard for him

When nothings ever hard for you , Sometimes you struggle to create a work ethic.. in times of struggle 

Because you never knew struggle

Sammy is the case of an elite athlete where everything was easy and he never had to work for anything athletically… By the time he had to work for something in the NFL his work ethic was set in stone

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I think we understand.  That is why he is getting trashed.  Because of his lazy, attitude and the fact that he thought he was good enough to coast.  

He’s not the first or last professional athlete to do that

Don’t take it personal 

The Bills moved on fairly quick and we are in a great position 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Eyeroll 1

On 7/12/2022 at 6:40 AM, Thurman#1 said:

That Davis hasn't been wildly productive, fair enough.

That he hasn't seized his opportunities? Not really. He got less opportunities. Much fewer opportunities last year than he himself had the year before (73% of snaps in 2020, which fell to 51%).

And many fewer last year than Watkins has had for most of his career.

Davis' yards per snap last year as compared to Watkins'? In Sammy's eight years in the league, he's only had three years where he managed more yards per snap than Davis got last year. None of those three years happened more recently than 2018.

Compared to Watkins' career yards per target, Davis has been better in both 2020 and 2021.

There's every reason to believe Davis'll see a ton more snaps this year than he has, and likely a lot more targets as well.

You seem to think you're saying something interesting when you point out that he needs to be more productive this year. You're not. He's a guy going from his second to his third year expecting a larger role. Pretty much everyone at that juncture needs to be more productive. To your whole thesis here, the best answer would appear to be, "Duh, everyone already knows this." Of course he's still got a lot to prove. Same with most players that young picked where he was.

Folk should check out Joe Marino’s pod show, “locked on Bills”  on Davis and his performance numbers, he goes a bit deeper than our resident “we are doomed” guys go.  Gabe is seriously primed to put up quality #2 WR numbers this season.

Go  Bills!!!

28 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He’s not the first or last professional athlete to do that

Don’t take it personal 

The Bills moved on fairly quick and we are in a great position 

I realize he is not the first or last professional athlete to do that.  Do you think anyone was unaware of that?

I'm not taking it personal.  This is a Bills forum where we talk about stuff like this.

On 7/10/2022 at 11:57 PM, Special K said:

I looked everywhere to find a clip of the local news report that interviewed Davis as he prepares for the upcoming season, but couldn't find it, but I wanted to share because something very eye opening was said by Sammy Watkins in the interview.

First, they talked to Davis....he said he is aware that the Bills are expecting him to step up into the number 2 receiver position, and he is ready for the challenge...said he is putting in the extra work to justify the faith the coaching staff has placed in him.....loves to practice in the 95 degree heat and 70 percent humidity of Florida, because if you can train through that, you will be ready for anything the season throws your way.....Great stuff from a guy who we all know is a self-motivated, hard working McBeane type of player.

Then we get to Sammy Watkins🙄🙄.......Watkins says he can learn a lot from a guy like Davis in terms of training to get ready for a football season even though Gabe Davis is a younger player than he is....he added: Coming into the league, I never really knew how to train to get ready for the season...learning some of the training routines Davis goes through will really help me going forward this season and in the future......WTF!!!!!

This just goes to show how pathetic the previous regime was, if we didn't know already.....trading up to number 4 to draft a guy who has no idea how to get ready for a football season??? Then, having him here for a few years, and still not teaching him anything about how to prepare your body and mind for the rigors of an NFL season??? No wonder he was hurt all of the time....I guess thats why McBeane couldn't wait to get rid of that clown!!

I'm so glad we have guys like Davis and Diggs in the Bills WR corps over a loser like Watkins!

Can't wait to see how well Davis is going to do this year as WR2!!

Go Bills!!

The fact that Sammy was out drinking and doing drugs probably didn’t help his cause in Buffalo either.   Eric Ciano was there in 2014, so this is just Sammy trying to make more excuses for his meh career.  

I am wondering if he is trying to blame the team trainer.  IIRC Marrone wanted to get rid of Bud Carpenter was vetoed by Russ due to his relationship with Ralph and the old regime.  He “retired” shortly after McDermott took and they fired his assistant trainer. 

Sammy's an incredibly weird dude and I am extremely happy that he is not a Buffalo Bill, but the fact that he's learned to train for the first time in nearly a decade and is one of the only experienced receivers playing with Rodgers could mean that he might actually have a decent year this year, as painful as it may be for most to admit.

He's also made $70M and counting and has a ring, but most, myself included, would consider him to be a tremendous disappointment. One of the strangest careers I've ever seen, I half hope he has the best year of his career just so it gets more bizarre.

19 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Sammy's an incredibly weird dude and I am extremely happy that he is not a Buffalo Bill, but the fact that he's learned to train for the first time in nearly a decade and is one of the only experienced receivers playing with Rodgers could mean that he might actually have a decent year this year, as painful as it may be for most to admit.

He's also made $70M and counting and has a ring, but most, myself included, would consider him to be a tremendous disappointment. One of the strangest careers I've ever seen, I half hope he has the best year of his career just so it gets more bizarre.

Chances are probably better he has another foot situation or some kind of injury early part of season than that happening

30 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Not only does he have a ring..........he basically ended the productive portion of future HOF'er Richard Sherman's career in that SB win.    Sherman was named All Pro that season.   Watkins torched him and "Sherm" was never a good CB again.    He had a big game and his big catch late at Sherman's expense sealed that SB win.

Watkins is a disappointment and an enigma but he's been a stud in a couple AFC Championship games and a SB.   He's not intelligent or perceptive and he's ultimately responsible for his own career stalling but the Bills were very stupid to not have a veteran in the room his rookie year.  Bob Woods and Chris Hogan weren't anyone he was going to listen to.  Anquan Boldin was the perfect guy to mentor Watkins........it just should have happened 3 years sooner.

• 1 month later...
On 7/11/2022 at 5:33 PM, Mango said:

I have googled and watched a ton of videos for this. There are tons and tons of links and videos. But the line you are coming up with doesn't exist. I cannot find anything other than Sammy saying working with Gabe has been great, even though he is young he thinks Davis could be a special receiver and they are all learning from each other.

Based on the tone of everything I have read and listened to, I have to imagine you are conflating that Sammy said he had no idea how to prepare for the NFL for the last decade with "Gabe is ahead of the curve from when I came into the league. I didn't know shirt". 

Relax a little man. 

https://www.si.com/college/ucf/university-of-central-florida-football/gabriel-davis-brings-nfl-players-ucf

After a long search on the Internet, I found some information about it. I think it would be better if writix.com/pay-for-essay could help me learn. I have contacted here many times and it has helped me tremendously.  

Thank you, that's very interesting

Edited by Santiago Hayes

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.