Gabriel Davis getting ready for training camp in Orlando at UCF with Isaiah Hodgins and.......Sammy Watkins?!?!

Special K

I looked everywhere to find a clip of the local news report that interviewed Davis as he prepares for the upcoming season, but couldn't find it, but I wanted to share because something very eye opening was said by Sammy Watkins in the interview.

First, they talked to Davis....he said he is aware that the Bills are expecting him to step up into the number 2 receiver position, and he is ready for the challenge...said he is putting in the extra work to justify the faith the coaching staff has placed in him.....loves to practice in the 95 degree heat and 70 percent humidity of Florida, because if you can train through that, you will be ready for anything the season throws your way.....Great stuff from a guy who we all know is a self-motivated, hard working McBeane type of player.

Then we get to Sammy Watkins🙄🙄.......Watkins says he can learn a lot from a guy like Davis in terms of training to get ready for a football season even though Gabe Davis is a younger player than he is....he added: Coming into the league, I never really knew how to train to get ready for the season...learning some of the training routines Davis goes through will really help me going forward this season and in the future......WTF!!!!!

This just goes to show how pathetic the previous regime was, if we didn't know already.....trading up to number 4 to draft a guy who has no idea how to get ready for a football season??? Then, having him here for a few years, and still not teaching him anything about how to prepare your body and mind for the rigors of an NFL season??? No wonder he was hurt all of the time....I guess thats why McBeane couldn't wait to get rid of that clown!!

I'm so glad we have guys like Davis and Diggs in the Bills WR corps over a loser like Watkins!

Can't wait to see how well Davis is going to do this year as WR2!!

Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Special K changed the title to Gabriel Davis getting ready for training camp in Orlando at UCF with Isaiah Hodgins and.......Sammy Watkins?!?!
6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If that's what Watkins said then yeah, that's not a great look for him, maybe a few years in but not in year 8 or 9.

If you saw some of the other things Sammy has said this was actually a stellar look for him in comparison. I think he might have a few screws loose

• Haha (+1) 1

Sammy admitted that he was lazy in Buffalo. Didn't prepare and just showed up to games. The same for Marshawn Lynch and Marcel Dareus.

That was part of the Culture change with Mcdermott. Players used to view Buffalo as the place where your Career goes to die, so they didn't put in the effort.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Sammy admitted that he was lazy in Buffalo. Didn't prepare and just showed up to games. The same for Marshawn Lynch and Marcel Dareus.

What's his excuse for LA, KC, and Baltimore?  Rodgers is going to love him.

it sounds more like Sammy is begging for another, nother, nother chance

"Wait, I can change!  I am still trying to learn.   Even from young guys.  I'm Coachable!!!  Pleeeeeeeeeze gimme some more free money to run around and not get hurt much and not work super hard.  I love the NFL"

7 hours ago, Special K said:

Coming into the league, I never really knew how to train to get ready for the season...learning some of the training routines Davis goes through will really help me going forward this season and in the future..

I'm not sure if it is as much that Watkins didn't "know" how to train for the upcoming season.  I think he was just too immature and selfish to actually put in the work.  I'm sure some coach along the way told him how to do it.  Unfortunately, no coaches/trainers on that Bills team could force or convince him to do it.  Hopefully he has finally learned how important it is for his career to put in the effort now.  Talent takes you only so far.  Work ethic takes you much further.

• Like (+1) 1

Watkins is the perfect example of how even if an organization has the right culture, some guys simply don’t get it.  Look at the teams he has bounced around with and hasn’t been able to stay anywhere long term.  The Ravens are the latest example — if you’re a talented player and you can’t fit in that culture, there’s something wrong with you.

Personally, I think it all comes down to the fact that Watkins (a) isn’t all that bright, and (b) doesn’t have a whole lot of self-motivation or work ethic.  He does just enough to get by and happened to be blessed with natural abilities most could only dream of.

I’ve wondered whether Watkins’ career would have gone differently if he was drafted into the current Bills organization rather than the dysfunctional one he was…and my conclusion is that Beane would have never drafted him in the first place.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, maddenboy said:

it sounds more like Sammy is begging for another, nother, nother chance

"Wait, I can change!  I am still trying to learn.   Even from young guys.  I'm Coachable!!!  Pleeeeeeeeeze gimme some more free money to run around and not get hurt much and not work super hard.  I love the NFL"

He’s signed with Green Bay so this is not him begging for anything 

• Like (+1) 2

Actually, you could look at this another way, as fas as Sammy goes.  Maybe give him a little credit for recognizing his past screw ups.  The Tyler Dunne piece in the Athletic (that came out after Watkins won a ring with the Chiefs) made it pretty clear that Sammy had some mental health issues. Schizophrenic maybe? They only got worse when he was in Buffalo, if you believe him, because he self-medicated with alcohol.  Too bad, because if the guy could have just gotten right, he was tremendously talented. Even though we view his time in a Bills uniform as a big failure, or disappointment, he still put up really good numbers, when he was healthy.  On teams that were very offensively limited.

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, RangerDave said:

I'm not sure if it is as much that Watkins didn't "know" how to train for the upcoming season.  I think he was just too immature and selfish to actually put in the work.  I'm sure some coach along the way told him how to do it.  Unfortunately, no coaches/trainers on that Bills team could force or convince him to do it.  Hopefully he has finally learned how important it is for his career to put in the effort now.  Talent takes you only so far.  Work ethic takes you much further.

This.  There's a reason the new regime got rid of him fast.

41 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Did anyone see the lizard people UFO scoop them all up?

Must have been out of this world!

Gabe and Sammy are both big conspiracy theorists.........Sammy thinks dinosaurs didn't exist and Gabe thinks they did but vaccines killed them.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.