What would you like from Highmark Stadium before it meets the wrecking ball?

ManCrushPassRush

It would be really smart of them to offer the to sell the season ticket holders the seats they sat in.  It would make them a fortune.  You are looking at like ~$50 in labor to remove and tag them.  Sell them for $500 a seat. 

If I could have anything, I want a piece of the parking lot, that’s what made the joint special.

I'd gladly replace the front garden with one of those buffalo statues they charge onto the field through.  They'll probably just be moved to the new field though.

That or one of the jumbo screens for backyard movie nights.  My local drive in movie place closed down and gas is expensive to go to one out of town.

20220711_152627.jpg

35 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I'd gladly replace the front garden with one of those buffalo statues they charge onto the field through.  They'll probably just be moved to the new field though.

That or one of the jumbo screens for backyard movie nights.  My local drive in movie place closed down and gas is expensive to go to one out of town.

20220711_152627.jpg

wait till you get the electric bill to run that for double feature night....omg...lol

17 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

If it’s still there in a storage room somewhere, the old Marlboro Man sign that served as the footer on the old scoreboard when it was Rich Stadium.

E0D4630A-F0A4-4D05-A77B-FF5D6369002C.webp

That's PERFECT! Though I don't smoke, I love the Marlboro man. In fact, if you go to my profile I have that as my photo for the exact reason you just posted. Brings back memories!

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, ManCrushPassRush said:

Erie County will likely auction off anything and everything from Highmark. (or partner with a company like Steiner Sports) What would you like to have?

A seat, bleacher, turf, urinal, sign, locker, beer concession sign? The more random your answer, the better. 

A piss sink.

3 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Gronk has landed all over the turf at Highmark.  You might want to be more specific, like where he tried to murder Tre White.

I already have a piece of turf from the Super Bowl years. I pulled it out of a dumpster.

23 hours ago, ManCrushPassRush said:

Erie County will likely auction off anything and everything from Highmark. (or partner with a company like Steiner Sports) What would you like to have?

A seat, bleacher, turf, urinal, sign, locker, beer concession sign? The more random your answer, the better. 

OJ

1 hour ago, Beast said:

That's PERFECT! Though I don't smoke, I love the Marlboro man. In fact, if you go to my profile I have that as my photo for the exact reason you just posted. Brings back memories!

I don't smoke either. It's just the most iconic thing that I remember from when I first went to the stadium as a child.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

If it’s still there in a storage room somewhere, the old Marlboro Man sign that served as the footer on the old scoreboard when it was Rich Stadium.

E0D4630A-F0A4-4D05-A77B-FF5D6369002C.webp

Is that Sam Darold's grandfather?  I know he was one of the Marlboro Men.

He had one of the best names ever... Dick Hammer.

(I don't think that's him, though.)

• Like (+1) 1

Some of the lightbulbs from the original scoreboard. The detailed replays were amazing said nobody on earth.

I'd prefer the black/white originals but its hard finding shots on Google images.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/history/torn-down-tuesday-the-1980s-rich-stadium-scoreboard/article_0dcc72d2-f748-11ea-8d78-8b8326157a77.html

Bills scoreboard.webp

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Mango said:

I would like the 78 from Bruce's wall of fame. 

I have a bunch of coozies made from the old turf when they replaced it. I love them. 

haha I own a rich stadium turf encased acrylic  hockey puck. The turf will be sold by someone / somehow it is a Lock.

10 minutes ago, muppy said:

haha I own a rich stadium turf encased acrylic  hockey puck. The turf will be sold by someone / somehow it is a Lock.

I will be sure to make some turf available, for sure. It will come with a very nicely forged Certificate of Authenticity. Framed with a pretty font and everything!  

It’s not really practical, since you are on the west coast, but otherwise I’d have suggested we go halves on the wrecking ball when they are done. That thing will have touched all the important spots! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I will be sure to make some turf available, for sure. It will come with a very nicely forged Certificate of Authenticity. Framed with a pretty font and everything!  

It’s not really practical, since you are on the west coast, but otherwise I’d have suggested we go halves on the wrecking ball when they are done. That thing will have touched all the important spots! 

what they MAY do is film the wrecking ball in action and sell the DVD along with a piece of whatever flotsam falls off the place LOL

twofer Augie it's a marketing LOCK

lol

1 hour ago, muppy said:

what they MAY do is film the wrecking ball in action and sell the DVD along with a piece of whatever flotsam falls off the place LOL

twofer Augie it's a marketing LOCK

lol

Can we have that transferred to VHS or  Betamax? I’m not very current.   :)

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.