PFT - Leslie Frazier: It’s discouraging I haven’t had another chance to be a head coach

LeGOATski

27 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I still don't think it is in any way insulting and I am going to keep using it. So I guess people will just have to get used to that.

Listen, bub. You can't tell us what to do anymore. That ended 246 years ago!

On 7/15/2022 at 5:13 PM, LeGOATski said:

God doesn't give a ***** about Super Bowls, man

Apparently in your eyes but i feel he has a plan for each of us & most of our coaches are god fearing men so i would think Frazier would believe as i do that he has a plan in place for him & will follow it until he gets or makes others understand what he deserves by what he's accomplished .

But you can feel how ever you want that's fine ...

22 hours ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

13 seconds doomed Frazier's hopes of ever getting another HC job unless the Bills win the SB with him as DC.

12 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

this is a total lack of self-awareness and really concerns me.  How on earth does prevent-D Frazier think he is going to get a HC job.  He plays a vanilla brand of D, his D ranking was overinflated by playing weak QBs, and he blew it TWICE in the biggest game of the year.  Yeah, FOs will be clamoring for you.  

Frazier wasn't the only Defensive Coordinator on the Bills sidelines making those decisions at the end of the game..........

3 hours ago, T master said:

Apparently in your eyes but i feel he has a plan for each of us & most of our coaches are god fearing men so i would think Frazier would believe as i do that he has a plan in place for him & will follow it until he gets or makes others understand what he deserves by what he's accomplished .

But you can feel how ever you want that's fine ...

Respectfully, it's not a feeling. God gave us free will. That's in the Bible. It's not about feelings. "The plan" you talk about leads to eternal salvation, not Earthly accomplishments and human riches.

If the overall benchmark to qualify as a great coach is “did they win a Super Bowl?”, then there are many great coaches off this list. Including: Levy, Schottenheimer, Knox, Gilman, Grant, Wyche, and Reeves. Some coaches are lucky enough to get a second shot, and very few are likely to get a third. One coach lucky enough to get 3 cracks is Pete Carroll. Carroll was one year and done as Jets HC, then became coach of the late 90s Patriots whose record declined every year he remained HC. Carroll’s lack of success brought us 20 years of misery at the hands of Darth Hoodie. 

Specifically on Frazier, this is a coach who got to the playoffs in year 3 in Minnesota with Christian Ponder going 10-6. The following season Ponder returned from orbit and Frazier was out the door.

So much of a coaches success rests on the entire quality of the organization; ownership, GM, QB, OC & a bit of luck. Frazier has obviously learned from his time in Buffalo & the league. Why decline to interview with Houston? Probably he identified the organization as not an ideal environment, QB on way out, questionable ownership, rebuilding, etc. Frazier isn’t dumb, he wants to put it out there that he is still interested, and is biding his time for the best opportunity. 

Ironically the city and team I could see him gravitating to is Seattle assuming Pete Carroll bottoms out in 2022 and exits. Seattle is also rumored to be in the market for new ownership as Paul Allen’s estate looks to sell the Seahawks & Portland Trailblazers. In replacing the once bumbling Pete Carroll, Frazier would have new ownership and an opportunity to do a rebuild with high draft picks to find a QB. Replacing an older defensive minded coach with another older but younger than former defensive minded coach would be a seemingly proper ideological fit. Frazier’s cool demeanor and thoughtful responses would play nice in the Pacific Northwest. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, WhoTom said:

I think describing a coach as a "retread" is old, unimaginative, and uninspiring. The term has too much mileage on it; I wouldn't use it to steer a discussion.

Agreed, better to just say he was a failure.

20 hours ago, chongli said:

Wow...almost two pages of arguing about the definition of "retread". The season can't begin soon enough! I'd rather argue about Edmunds, lol. I'm psyched.

My fault, I thought listing the definition of retread would end it, but if some people refuse to accept the definition, therein comes the lengthy discussion. Alternative facts first, now alternative definitions.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, klos63 said:

My fault, I thought listing the definition of retread would end it, but if some people refuse to accept the definition, therein comes the lengthy discussion. Alternative facts first, now alternative definitions.

You listed A definition. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.