Former Leader of Japan Shinzo Abe Shot

This is a terrible thing for Japan & it's people as it always is but hmm a home made gun lets think about that for just a moment in the grand scheme of some things posted here  .

Too i would like to see how the Japanese handle this type of crime & what they do to the person that committed it . Japan as far as i know doesn't have a lot of this kind of thing & i'm  just wondering what their consequences are for such a act & how swift the enforcement of them that they are ?

Maybe America could learn a thing or 2 .

Japan has almost completely eliminated gun deaths — here's how

Japan is a country of more than 127 million people, but it rarely sees more than 10 gun deaths a year.

Culture is one reason for the low rate, but gun control is a major one, too.

Japan has a long list of tests that applicants must pass before gaining access to a small pool of guns. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/gun-control-how-japan-has-almost-completely-eliminated-gun-deaths-2017-10

• Like (+1) 1

"Engaged in the work of democracy."  Whatever the heck this continues to mean - since 2016 (Trump, Brexit) they continue to tell you it died that year.  In darkness.  

"Gun violence."

All the buzz words and narratives

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

"Engaged in the work of democracy."  Whatever the heck this continues to mean - since 2016 (Trump, Brexit) they continue to tell you it died that year.  In darkness.  

"Gun violence."

All the buzz words and narratives

“Divisive” just means anti-globalist

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Holy s***

Wow.  Just wow

I mean yeah it does feel a little distasteful to bring it up like that, I mean it's not like it's some sort of national crises, not like we aren't 4 whole days removed from the last major mass shooting event.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, B-Man said:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1039166/japan-number-of-murders/

Hmmmm average of 3 gun deaths a year, but there are average of 925 reported homicides a year in Japan.

I saw all I needed to know in Tokyo Vice

We all know the stats are fake.  

Per Vox:

But as the video above by the Economist shows, behind Japan's low crime rates are some very troubling criminal justice practices. The Economist explained:

Some suspects will falsely admit guilt just to end a stressful interrogation, and interrogations in Japan can be very stressful. Police and prosecutors may hold ordinary criminal suspects for up to 23 days without charge—longer than most other rich countries allow even terrorist suspects to be detained. Access to defence lawyers during this period is limited. In theory, suspects have the right to remain silent; but in practice prosecutors portray silence as evidence of guilt.

Prosecutors put pressure on the police to extract confessions, and 23 days is plenty of time to extract one. Interrogators sometimes ram tables into a suspect, stamp on his feet or shout in his ears. Interviews can last for eight hours or more. Suspects are deprived of sleep and forced into physically awkward positions. Few people can withstand such treatment. "Not being able to sleep was the hardest for me," says Kazuo Ishikawa, who held out for 30 days before signing a confession he couldn’t read (he was illiterate at the time) to a murder he says he didn’t commit. He spent 32 years in prison and is still fighting to be exonerated.

In other words, Japan's criminal justice system is built to rely largely on confessions — confessions underpinned 89 percent of criminal prosecutions in 2014, the Economist found. And the lack of safeguards for suspects means the system often relies on false confessions.

https://www.vox.com/world/2015/12/13/9989250/japan-crime-conviction-rate

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This CCP/DNC Run Reuters headline is absolutely disgusting and I guarantee its intentional...

It's essentially a round of applause. 

Horrendous 

Analysis: Death of ‘Abenomics’ father may give Japan scope to curb stimulus

TOKYO, July 10 (Reuters) - The death of Shinzo Abe, namesake of Japan's "Abenomics" policy, makes any immediate challenge to his legacy highly unlikely but could eventually allow Prime Minister Fumio Kishida to phase out Abe's government spending and monetary stimulus.

https://www.reuters.com/business/death-abenomics-father-may-give-japan-scope-curb-stimulus-2022-07-10/

ITS BEEN 3 FREAKING DAYS

Tell us there is no Deep State again

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/11/2022 at 9:23 AM, cle23 said:

Hmm, an average of 1 murder per 135,568 people in Japan, compared to 1 murder per 15,146 people in the US.

Funny what a homogenous society with long periods of net zero immigration can accomplish, huh?

• Haha (+1) 1