Jordan Palmer says Josh Allen is "the most talented player to ever play quarterback"

extrahammer

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The context of your astonishment is that nobody on TSW had less optimism than you about the Josh Allen draft selection.

You were REALLY upset about that pick.

I think we are all surprised.........not even the biggest Josh Allen fan saw him turning into a GREAT running QB in addition to his arm talent...........but the people who hated the choice to select Allen gotta' be questioning their reality.

So let’s bring something up from 4 years ago even tho I’ve admitted multiple times how much crow I’ve ate and it tastes so good?

Ive never been so happy to be wrong.

On 7/7/2022 at 7:40 PM, extrahammer said:

I will not debate this either way, I just love to hear it. 

I really believe this. If you were to construct a perfect QB it would be Josh. He just has to get out there and win it all and do it soon. 

13 minutes ago, wppete said:

I really believe this. If you were to construct a perfect QB it would be Josh. He just has to get out there and win it all and do it soon. 

He's the closest thing there is.  You could maybe want to add Olympic speed, but that's about it.  And he's trying.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, McBean said:

So let’s bring something up from 4 years ago even tho I’ve admitted multiple times how much crow I’ve ate and it tastes so good?

Ive never been so happy to be wrong.

I did a quick search and to your credit, while you said you hated Josh as a prospect, you wanted to give him a chance.

• Like (+1) 1

I never like threads that resemble "my father can beat up your father" discussions but it's like this for me.

1.  Josh Allen is the best QB the Buffalo Bills have ever had.

2.  If I was starting a team TODAY and had the pick of any QB in the league I would go with Josh and not look back.

3.  No one knows what JA's ceiling is yet.

4.  I can't predict what JA can and will accomplish in the rest of his career, but I love that I'm along for the ride.

I still am amazed that we have Josh Allen as our Bills QB.  As for the topic of "best", "greatest", "most talented" or any other term,

I'll just wait until his career is over before I judge his status among the other QBs.

Edited by ColoradoBills
Added item #3.
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I did a quick search and to your credit, while you said you hated Josh as a prospect, you wanted to give him a chance.

I did say that but didn’t want to bring it up cuz I own not wanting him predraft.

My take was awful on him and I couldn’t be more happier to be wrong lol.

Hes my favorite Bill of all time just after 4 years. Hard not to love the kid.

2 minutes ago, McBean said:

I did say that but didn’t want to bring it up cuz I own not wanting him predraft.

My take was awful on him and I couldn’t be more happier to be wrong lol.

Hes my favorite Bill of all time just after 4 years. Hard not to love the kid.

I didn't want him either and made that known at the time.  But like you I was also willing to give him a chance.  I don't think there's anything wrong in saying you were wrong.  It's those who definitively said he would be a bust and those who left as a result...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

He is but I want a lot less running this year than the last few. The NFL takes no prisoners, one hit and his career could be over. Stay in the pocket and use your best asset, longevity is everything. 

Yes they should limit the designed runs, but the best thing is Josh has become one of the faces of the NFL and you can best believe that he won't be getting cheap spotted by other players either, Allen has earned alot of respect amongst players across the league so that helps.  I trust his instincts when to move the pocket or just to take off. 

• Like (+1) 2

I’m proud to say I was on the Allen train since the beginning. Outside of my family, watching Josh play gives me the most joy. I’m just glad I’m able to watch, and someday, when I’m old remember his performances on the field. What a joy. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

He is but I want a lot less running this year than the last few. The NFL takes no prisoners, one hit and his career could be over. Stay in the pocket and use your best asset, longevity is everything. 

Maybe in the regular season, but in the playoffs you do whatever it takes. We saw this last year and I’d expect no different going forward. Winning the SuperBowl is everything.

• Agree 1

I will hold my hand up and say I was not 100 percent on board the Allen train when we picked him. Boy, how happy I am now to eat crow. He just makes the game look so easy and he seems like a great person off the field also. Very proud for a lot of reasons that he is a Bill.

6 hours ago, Andy1 said:

I’m proud to say I was on the Allen train since the beginning. Outside of my family, watching Josh play gives me the most joy. I’m just glad I’m able to watch, and someday, when I’m old remember his performances on the field. What a joy. 

Every time someone posts one of these threads I check to see what I said and find nothing. All I know is that I was NOT on the Allen train. Maybe I took a break from the board for a while after the draft, Idk.

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Every time someone posts one of these threads I check to see what I said and find nothing. All I know is that I was NOT on the Allen train. Maybe I took a break from the board for a while after the draft, Idk.

Hahaha.  Same here.  I was mad at the time of the pick.  Considering our franchises past with developing QBs, i preferred to take the qb I thought was more Nfl ready as opposed to a project.   

I quickly came around to the thought of having the best arm I had ever seen be our next hope for success.  

McB + Josh’s hard work have changed our lives as Bills fans.  

I think it's clear he's the most physically talented quarterback in league history. But he also has a powerful desire to improve and intense competitiveness. He deserves to be in the conversation with athletes like Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan, who were both super-talented AND worked harder than anyone else. 

On 7/10/2022 at 1:06 AM, Andy1 said:

Ahh, good old C.Biscuit97. :lol: 

What ever happened to that tool?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.