Public Service Announcement (🦶 related)

RaoulDuke79

As I try to age gracefully, I've noticed my feet starting to hurt in various places over the last several years. I never really put too much thought into shoes aside from certain brands I've become accustomed to and if they look half decent. Right now comfort  is paramount and I think I've put together the best shoe and sock combination that I've ever experienced. It feels like I'm walking on a cloud. New Balance 1080 shoes with the Thorlo padded socks. It's glorious. 

This is just casual walking around. I'm still trying to find the right non-slip work shoe. If anyone has any recommendations throw them out there.

10 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

As I try to age gracefully, I've noticed my feet starting to hurt in various places over the last several years. I never really put too much thought into shoes aside from certain brands I've become accustomed to and if they look half decent. Right now comfort  is paramount and I think I've put together the best shoe and sock combination that I've ever experienced. It feels like I'm walking on a cloud. New Balance 1080 shoes with the Thorlo padded socks. It's glorious. 

This is just casual walking around. I'm still trying to find the right non-slip work shoe. If anyone has any recommendations throw them out there.

I can’t lie, I went thru a serious relationship with my cushy Thorlo’s.  They are so padded you almost need a bigger shoe to fit properly. When I used to play tennis in them (in the steamy south) they were like a sweat sponge that would squish around in my shoes. (Apologies to those having dinner!   :))

I eventually changed my pattern to using them for keeping feet warm as I sleep. They are as good as slippers around the house….and you can wear them to bed! 

I never loved my New Balance, but if you have wide feet they are worth looking into. My favorite is K-Swiss, they are great for exercise or just walking around. 

NOTE: The Mods might want to keep an eye on Rex and @mead107 in this thread. There’s some kinky stuff going on out there! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Augie said:

I can’t lie, I went thru a serious relationship with my cushy Thorlo’s.  They are so padded you almost need a bigger shoe to fit properly. When I used to play tennis in them (in the steamy south) they were like a sweat sponge that would squish around in my shoes. (Apologies to those having dinner!   :))

I eventually changed my pattern to using them for keeping feet warm as I sleep. They are as good as slippers around the house….and you can wear them to bed! 

I never loved my New Balance, but if you have wide feet they are worth looking into. My favorite is K-Swiss, they are great for exercise or just walking around. 

NOTE: The Mods might want to keep an eye on Rex and @mead107 in this thread. There’s some kinky stuff going on out there! 

Regarding the New Balance. I bought a pair of 1080s a year or so ago and they were awesome. I went back tonight and must have tried on 4  or 5 pairs of shoes and none of them felt that special. The kid in the store was looking at me like I was fitting to heist the place. We had a conversation and he told me "nothing you try on is going to feel like the 1080s". I wanted a dark shoe because the light ones show the dirt quicker and I always mess them up within a few weeks. There were none on the display shelves, but I found an older pair on the clearance rack. Jackpot!!

Edited by RaoulDuke79

My girlfriend is an X-ray tech and is on her feet a lot. She swears by Clove shoes. I think they are a newer company but are getting more known. Her feet used to bother her a lot(Foot massages were a must on the daily lol), but not since she started wearing them. Made for healthcare workers so comfort sure the number one priority.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beerball said:

Hoka. Trust me.

That's my current pair.  I had been getting NB 880's the last few times, but the last time I needed new sneakers, they were out of my size or I didn't like the colors of what they had in stock, I forgot which it was. 

On 7/7/2022 at 6:37 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

Who knew Rex Ryan was still hanging around here!?

• 1 month later...
On 7/7/2022 at 6:00 PM, mead107 said:

New Balance 
mid what post office employees  have. No NB on them 

got them at an outlet in Massachusetts 

At least they get good shoes!

Fun fact:

Did you know that typical modern postal trucks (LLVs) out there were only made from 1987 to 1994?  Yup, last one rolled off line in 1994 almost 30 years ago.

You can tell what year they were made by the first number on the back, driver side.  1987 models start with a 7 and so on, ending in 1994 (no 5s or 6s).  My mail just came, the truck # started with a #4.  Made in 1994. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grumman_LLV

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

My shoes are almost exclusively crocs-type (in black) and Uggs type (with tough male boot treads, I’ll have you know!!!). It’s a nuanced but important transition between the two in the spring and later fall. My feet had never EVER stayed warm during the winter after five minutes outside before the Uggs-type and now my toes are always comfy cozy.

I mostly go barefoot in the house and in the yard.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.