Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

11 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

You have to roll with Levi until your eliminated, don't ya?

The Buffalo Sabres have to roll with Devon Levi for another 15 years if the organization knows what they are doing which the jury is still out on that one. “Andre The Giant” goalies suck Sabres fans. That the Sabres analytics people have brainwashed Sabres fans parroted talking points. Some Sabres couldn’t see that Levi not going to Rochester was out of the question brainwashed by the Sabres talking points of size or where he was drafted or oh he is too young the Sabres might ruin him. I have been saying Devon Levi was the same age Don Edwards was and three years older than Tom Barrasso. Devon Levi wants to be in the NHL. It isn’t Buffalo Sabres fans responsibility to parent him we are just Buffalo fans to root on the Buffalo Sabres stay in our lane. Devon Levi is a man he is fine. The way Buffalo fans are today I wish there was a “Time Machine” I would be the first Buffalo fan to go in it. I don’t like our Buffalo fans today times let me be the first to say that. There too goofy wanting to trade Ryan Miller for a Stanley Cup ring for him with there right thing to do crap. Just win for the Buffalo Sabres I don’t care about helping Ryan Miller he signed the contract. Nor am I interested in parenting Devon Levi he has parents for that just win Sabres hockey games is all I care about in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

The Buffalo Sabres have to roll with Devon Levi for another 15 years if the organization knows what they are doing which the jury is still out on that one. “Andre The Giant” goalies suck Sabres fans. That the Sabres analytics people have brainwashed Sabres fans parroted talking points. Some Sabres couldn’t see that Levi not going to Rochester was out of the question brainwashed by the Sabres talking points of size or where he was drafted or oh he is too young the Sabres might ruin him. I have been saying Devon Levi was the same age Don Edwards was and three years older than Tom Barrasso. Devon Levi wants to be in the NHL. It isn’t Buffalo Sabres fans responsibility to parent him we are just Buffalo fans to root on the Buffalo Sabres stay in our lane. Devon Levi is a man he is fine. The way Buffalo fans are today I wish there was a “Time Machine” I would be the first Buffalo fan to go in it. I don’t like our Buffalo fans today times let me be the first to say that. There too goofy wanting to trade Ryan Miller for a Stanley Cup ring for him with there right thing to do crap. Just win for the Buffalo Sabres I don’t care about helping Ryan Miller he signed the contract. Nor am I interested in parenting Devon Levi he has parents for that just win Sabres hockey games is all I care about in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Just shut up. You make me want to drop acid.

Edited by Draconator
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

From here on it’s very simple.  Sabres must win out and have two of the following three things happen:

Florida:  regulation loss to Carolina (decent odds)

Islanders:  regulation or OT/SO loss to Montreal (poor odds)

Penguins:  no more than two points total vs. Chicago and Columbus (really poor odds)

Penguins play Chi-town tonight while we go to NJ.

Regardless of the outcome, hell of a way to end the season playing these pressure games against playoff teams.

Let’s Go, Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

It's early but it looks like the Sabres have found their goalie of the future. Improve the defense and then say hello playoffs next season. The forwards are really good. 2023-24 is the year Sabres fans will be rewarded. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

No way Levi ever sniffs the minors. Dude has played extremely well in a pressure situation of the Sabres trying to make the playoffs.  Quick legs and great reflexes.

Loved how he challenged the shooter in the shootout attempts.

If he was on the team from the start, then there is a good chance the Sabres would have been in the playoffs this year. It is early but you can tell he has the "it" factor to be a really good goalie.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

You have to roll with Levi until your eliminated, don't ya?

fresh young legs and he WANTS to be tested in the NHL. He is getting what he wants. And we fans are seeing the future right before our eyes.

Gotta Love it

That's our BOY #27

💙💛💙

• Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Gregg said:

If he was on the team from the start, then there is a good chance the Sabres would have been in the playoffs this year. It is early but you can tell he has the "it" factor to be a really good goalie.

You can't prove a counter-factual, but I think if he is here from the start, Sabres are easily north of 100 points.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

You can't prove a counter-factual, but I think if he is here from the start, Sabres are easily north of 100 points.

I think next year will be the year. I know the Sabres have been spinning their wheels going nowhere for a long time. But you can tell when a team is really starting to get better. This Sabres team has that feel to it. 2023-24 is going to be the year the Sabres have a breakout season. Similar to what NJ is doing this year.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I think next year will be the year. I know the Sabres have been spinning their wheels going nowhere for a long time. But you can tell when a team is really starting to get better. This Sabres team has that feel to it. 2023-24 is going to be the year the Sabres have a breakout season. Similar to what NJ is doing this year.

Should be. They need a few parts. KO should retire. Maybe Rousek is ready to fill that role, but they might want another gritty vet. Ideally, you'd bring in a vet goalie like Varlamov or Freddie Andersen to pair with Levi. You definitely need a couple of veteran D. The top of the blueline has great young talent, but Mule takes injuries and in general the lack of talent below the top 3 and a poor or incoherent defensive system are the main deficiencies that need to be addressed. Well, special teams are not that great, either. I still expect a huge leap and having Levi should make the whole team better.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

image.thumb.jpeg.2312695250b2a44c9e11cf0008b80f9c.jpeg

Why do you keep posting here if you dislike us so much?

I don’t know why you are so offended by fans thinking Levi would play in Rochester next season when even the Sabres head coach said it.

and no matter what you say, it’s normal for young goalies to spend time in the minors, so it’s not unreasonable for fans to have expected that. It has nothing to do with a “loser” mentality or whatever else you’ve said. It has to do with having reasonable expectations for young players and not wanting them ruined with improper development and being rushed out of desperation.

When you have to go back decades to point to the last goalie who didn’t spend time in the minors and had a successful career, it’s safe to say it’s out of the norm.

The only goalies I can think of that didn’t spend time in the minors or overseas in a pro league in recent years are Carter Hart and Spencer Knight. Both were 1st or 2nd round picks, had excellent rookie seasons in the NHL and then crashed + burned from the grind of an 82 game season. Neither has recovered yet. It’s a lot to jump from college (where they basically only play a couple games a week at most and 30ish games a year) to the pros.

Having said that, I don’t see how they can send Levi to Rochester next year unless they acquire a true #1 goalie to take his place. But I don’t see that happening. They are already riding Levi during the most important stretch of the season. He seems to already be their #1 goalie.

Levi seems to have the mental makeup to succeed though. I have been super impressed by him so far! He’s the best goalie on the roster right now, that’s for sure. Ride him the rest of the way!

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

And soup isn't as hot as it used to be!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Folks keep saying this. Next year will be A year. A year we break the streak and make the playoffs. That's just the beginning tho.

THE year, where we make a real run at a cup, is still a few years away.

But we are on the right track, and definitely heading in that direction. Sure is fun.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Folks keep saying this. Next year will be A year. A year we break the streak and make the playoffs. That's just the beginning tho.

THE year, where we make a real run at a cup, is still a few years away.

But we are on the right track, and definitely heading in that direction. Sure is fun.

Agree. I am not saying they Cup or even go on a playoff run yet. But I do think they will have a good regular season and make the playoffs. They need to improve the defense however but next year will be a good year. IMHO.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

If we had him mid season, we may be in the playoffs. I think his energy is helping feed this team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.