Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

36 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Now that was a great win! Sabres played a heck of a game against a very tough opponent. 

32 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Best performance of the season??  Best I can remember.  They played really well defensively against a great team, controlled play, battled back, and they looked solid with the lead in the 3rd for once.  What a win.

Dahlin is a beast.  Two unbelievable plays that directly impacted the result.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, eball said:

Dahlin is a beast.  Two unbelievable plays that directly impacted the result.

I was remarking to my son just before his unreal assist that Dahlin has looked “off” the past few games.  Man, it seemed to happen after Stillman’s hit, but Rasmus when absolutely beast mode today.  What an incredible game.  Credit to Mitts who played out of his mind also…even beyond his goals.  Very exciting.

I was bummed to see that the zebras screwed with Devon’s ritual with his water bottle.  Gotta find a way around that.

LGO Caps and Flyers!!!  

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks
  • Like (+1) 3

I was at the game, was close to being sold out and the arena was electric.  You can tell the Sabres brought their A game in effort today.  Lots of big hits, blocked shots, and an overall sense of urgency played with.  Nice to see them get rewarded with a W against a great team and get to receive some standing ovations from the fans.  They might not make the playoffs but this is the strong finish to the season the fans have been asking for.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

Looks like season over if I read standings right. 6 points out with 2 games to go

We have 4 they have 2, need 2 of the 3 in front of us to lose some, i think Pitt go 1-1-1 and Florida or Islanders to lose out

Edited by Bray Wyatt

Penguins have two cupcakes left on their schedule in the Hawks and Jackets. Unless they "F" up the Pens are getting 4 points. The Isles just need 3 points to clinch. At Caps tonight which could be a tough game. Rivalry game and it's on the road. Still the Isles are favored to win. Isles finish up with the Canadiens at home on Wednesday. I doubt they lose that one. The Panthers have the Leafs tonight and the Canes after that. Toronto is a good team, but they have nothing to play for. The Carolina game will be tough as they are trying to hold off NJ for the division. Bottom line is the Sabres are definitely heading in the right direction. I would say they will make the playoffs next season if they can improve the defense. 

Looks like the Caps are playing the B-team vs NYI tonight.

Tarik El-Bashir on Twitter: "To recap, the #Caps tonight vs. the NYI figure to be without Ovechkin, Oshie, Mantha, TvR and Dowd, who also did not skate this morning. That means WSH will have 17 skaters again. Man, cap issues on top of everything else seems to be only way this season could end." / Twitter

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.