Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Caps are already sellers at the trade deadline.  I think they’re ready to fold.

I saw that. It was a three-way trade with BOS-WASH-MINN. Pitt would be wise to do the same. It will be difficult for them to make the playoffs with that defense and goaltending.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I didnt catch any of last nights game.  How did they give up the 2 goal lead in the third? Did they lose composure or allow good goals? 

Ehhh….the TB goal in the 2nd resulted from a bad VO turnover in the defensive zone.  In the 3rd, 2/3 goals were legit good goals.  The other was due to a half assed defensive effort, IMO.  Swiping at sticks instead of putting bodies on bodies.

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Ehhh….the TB goal in the 2nd resulted from a bad VO turnover in the defensive zone.  In the 3rd, 2/3 goals were legit good goals.  The other was due to a half assed defensive effort, IMO.  Swiping at sticks instead of putting bodies on bodies.

I thought Comrie looked terrible on many of the goals surrendered.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I didnt catch any of last nights game.  How did they give up the 2 goal lead in the third? Did they lose composure or allow good goals? 

Same way they gave it up last time we played TB. Being young and not playing D, and playing against a very experienced, talented team.

But man, that ending in OT... Electrifying! Funny because Razor was just talking up Bushkin after the commercial break and saying what a great game he was having, and then a minute later there he goes on the breakaway.

6 hours ago, eball said:

Returning to ESPN was huge.  It will grow.

Yep, the amount of Hockey coverage available on ESPN+ has me watching Hockey every single night. (That and the fact the Sabres are fun to watch again)

Major change from the last decade where I barely saw a single game.

7 hours ago, QCity said:

Fanbase needed that win. They were on the ledge after that toronto debacle.

Going into this 3 game stretch, I thought if we got 1 pt out of Leafs/Lightning and could pull off a win in Miami then it would be a successful series. The Leaf game stunk but last night made up for it, and hopefully we can pull one off against the Panthers tonight!

5 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Tampa scored on a turnover to make it 4-3, then we responded with tages third goal to get back up. Tampas 4 was tough to tell what happened lots of chaos in front of the net with bodies (puck went in right before the net was knocked off)

They then tied it up with 5 mins left on a PP goal that Granato was pissed at the too many men on the ice call

I thought for the most part they didn’t lose their composure, refs were highly questionable this game

• Agree 1

Pretty wild stat from last night:

OptaSTATS
@OptaSTATS

Ilya Lyubushkin of the 
@BuffaloSabres
 is the second NHL defenseman to score an unassisted shorthanded goal in overtime (since goals by strength were first tracked in 1933-34).

The other was Ott Heller for the Rangers on February 18, 1937.
10:26 PM · Feb 23, 2023

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Buffalo Sabres are in a playoff spot. At the end of February. You read that right! 😂

For real, when’s the last time we could say that? A decade? I don’t know how long it will last but I’m sure going to enjoy it for now. We all should. It’s been a long ass time.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

The Buffalo Sabres are in a playoff spot. At the end of February. You read that right! 😂

For real, when’s the last time we could say that? A decade? I don’t know how long it will last but I’m sure going to enjoy it for now. We all should. It’s been a long ass time.

Next 2 games at home with a matinee game on Sunday... then off to Boston. That game will show how far we've come along... though we did beat them already this year. 

Nice Florida swing... great wins.

• Like (+1) 3

14 hours ago, T&C said:

Solid game by Anderson so far... keep it up.

He was unbelievable last night! I think that was the best game he’s played in a Sabres uniform.

He looked exactly like the veteran goalie this team has needed. So dialed in and controlled in net. He seemed to calm the Sabres down in their own end and did a great job with rebound control. He made some huge saves for them too!

Knowing that this is very likely his last 20 some games before retirement, I say ride him down the stretch if he’s up for it and keeps playing so well. I think he can taste the playoffs and wants one last postseason before he retires. 

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

He was unbelievable last night! I think that was the best game he’s played in a Sabres uniform.

He looked exactly like the veteran goalie this team has needed. So dialed in and controlled in net. He seemed to calm the Sabres down in their own end and did a great job with rebound control. He made some huge saves for them too!

Knowing that this is very likely his last 20 some games before retirement, I say ride him down the stretch if he’s up for it and keeps playing so well. I think he can taste the playoffs and wants one last postseason before he retires. 

Sabres PR
@SabresPR
·
15h
Craig Anderson is now the only goaltender in NHL history to record multiple performances of 40 or more saves and one or fewer goals against in a single season at age 41 or older. He is also the oldest goaltender (41 years, 279 days) to record 50 or more saves in a single game.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.