Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

5 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

The Buffalo Sabres have a big game Tuesday against the Toronto Maple Leafs. The Sabres need this game to get points it is most likely going to be mostly Toronto Maple Leafs fans in attendance. Let’s get the Sabres win and send the Leafs fans home unhappy again in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

The game isn't even sold out yet. I guess Leafs game don't drive on Tuesday nights.

Did you know the Sabres have 6 games in hand on the Islanders. The Isles currently occupy WC 1 with 65 points and the Sabres have 60 points. The Sabres have control of their destiny. I mentioned this in another post. Nobody expects a Cup or even a playoff run this year. But it's important to make the playoffs just so their young players can get playoff experience. Also, it would be nice to end the playoff less streak just like the Bills did. It would also go a long way in developing a winning culture.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/17/2023 at 4:13 PM, plenzmd1 said:

5 points with 3 point games is a hard nut to crack. Not sure if still tru, but there was a stat definitely pre covid if you were out by 5 points at Thanksgiving, like a 12% chance of making the payoffs. Its harder than it seems. But should be fun as hell with all these teams chasing and in the mix. Does Chychrun(sp) put one of those teams over the top? Wings and Sabes got the money , think the Sabres have more player ammo

Let's hope the Sabres get a little lucky and not alot of 3-point games. It is hard to overtake 5 points, but fortunately with all the games at hand the Sabres have, the odds aren't as bad as they normally would be.

Got a lot of games coming up, but IMO, with the Sabres being such a young team, they're suited to handle a busy stretch. They did it in January and came out of it just fine. 

22 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

The Buffalo Sabres have a big game Tuesday against the Toronto Maple Leafs. The Sabres need this game to get points it is most likely going to be mostly Toronto Maple Leafs fans in attendance. Let’s get the Sabres win and send the Leafs fans home unhappy again in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Nothing gets under my skin more than hearing Leaf fans cheering in Buffalo. Sabres need to get a lead and keep it. Need to keep their yaps shut. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

Let's hope the Sabres get a little lucky and not alot of 3-point games. It is hard to overtake 5 points, but fortunately with all the games at hand the Sabres have, the odds aren't as bad as they normally would be.

Got a lot of games coming up, but IMO, with the Sabres being such a young team, they're suited to handle a busy stretch. They did it in January and came out of it just fine. 

Nothing gets under my skin more than hearing Leaf fans cheering in Buffalo. Sabres need to get a lead and keep it. Need to keep their yaps shut. 

If they can't get 6 points out a potential 12...

5 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

i just hope their is energy in the building, Sabres seem to feed of that on the road and sold out games at  at home...i dont care if it is vast majority of Leafs fans, just need energy!

2 hours ago, Doc said:

If they can't get 6 points out a potential 12...

I agree, and if they get 4 of the next 8 possible points, and with the 4 being vs the Panthers and Caps, i will be perfectly happy with this week!

6 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

I hope it sounds like a road game because the Sabres have a miserable home record. They thrive in the tepid indifference of a west coast, inter-conference, road trip atmosphere.

Tuning in now... 

News 4 WIVB Buffalo 
1h
  · 
The Sabres enter their matchup against Toronto on Tuesday night with an NHL-best five players with 20+ goals. It's the first time Buffalo has boasted five 20-goal scorers since the 2007-08 season. 

They didn’t look bad at the start of the 1st, but as soon as Toronto got that 1st goal they went into full-on melt down mode and now it’s 4-0 ten minutes later.

Thats been an issue for Buffalo this year. They allow 1 goal to turn into multiple goals in a short time span. This team desperately needs a #1 goalie and they could use a bit more of a veteran presence too IMO. They need someone who’s able to help calm things on the ice when the kids are struggling.

Really hoping Kevyn Adams at least makes a small addition before the deadline. The kids need some help to stay in the playoff race.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

They didn’t look bad at the start of the 1st, but as soon as Toronto got that 1st goal they went into full-on melt down mode and now it’s 4-0 ten minutes later.

Thats been an issue for Buffalo this year. They allow 1 goal to turn into multiple goals in a short time span. This team desperately needs a #1 goalie and they could use a bit more of a veteran presence too IMO. They need someone who’s able to help calm things on the ice when the kids are struggling.

Really hoping Kevyn Adams at least makes a small addition before the deadline. The kids need some help to stay in the playoff race.

ROR with more production in one period as a visitor than his entire reign of mopiness as a Sabre.  3rd leading cause of this decade behind only Eichole American Murray.  

5 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Welp, that’s game. I don’t see them coming back from a 5-0 deficit tonight. I’d love to be wrong though!

I turned it off... picturing the parking lot/garages pretty busy right about now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

I think they're still a year away regardless of anything they do at the deadline.

Unless it's a deal to move an older player for more young talent or even draft picks(a reasonable deal in that vein might not even exist for them right now), I hope they hang on to every chit they have and use them to keep a strong steady build going. 

We're almost through this mess; if we can stay patient for one more year it will pay dividends going forward when it really starts to count.

• Agree 3

What a goal by Tuch!

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

I think they're still a year away regardless of anything they do at the deadline.

Unless it's a deal to move an older player for more young talent or even draft picks(a reasonable deal in that vein might not even exist for them right now), I hope they hang on to every chit they have and use them to keep a strong steady build going. 

We're almost through this mess; if we can stay patient for one more year it will pay dividends going forward when it really starts to count.

I’m not by any means saying to trade 1st round picks or top prospects for rentals. I have no interest in trading our 1st or any of our top prospects. I agree 100% it would be a waste. They’re not ready.

I would be open to a bigger trade like that for a #1 goalie that’s young enough to be here for a while (like Thatcher Demko if he’s truly available). But when I said add a vet I meant more of a cheap addition. Something like a mid/late pick for a veteran defenseman (like a 4th or later) to help calm them in their own end or something like that. It seems like it could be a buyers market this year. I’d just like to see them add something to give the team a boost and help them stay in the playoff race. I don’t want to just throw picks away but if something makes sense for a reasonable price that could help this team, I think they should do it. It’s important they stay in the playoff race.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.