Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

11 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/team/dear-buffalo-dahlin

letter to Sabres fans from Rasmussen Dahlin.😍

I love that these young guys are finally getting to experience what Buffalo Sabres fans are truly like. They’ve been hearing about how great we are for years and years now, but they rarely ever got to actually experience it.

Now that the team is playing so good and winning back the fan base they finally get to see what a hockey crazed town this is. Oh I so wish they make the playoffs this year and get the full experience!

The kid just gets it.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

If he keeps up this scoring pace and the Sabres keep winning, I could totally see Dahlin winning the Norris this year.  What is he 22 years old?  Crazy…

He is indeed.  I could have sworn he was older but he's basically the same age as Tremaine Edmunds who is technically still a rookie.  And Cozens is only 21.  Feels like these guys have been in the league forever.  Jack Quinn and JJ Peterka are both 21 and playing their first seasons in the NHL this year while Dahlin is on his 5th.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

He is indeed.  I could have sworn he was older but he's basically the same age as Tremaine Edmunds who is technically still a rookie.  And Cozens is only 21.  Feels like these guys have been in the league forever.  Jack Quinn and JJ Peterka are both 21 and playing their first seasons in the NHL this year while Dahlin is on his 5th.

Tage Thompson is 25 and Alex Tuch is 26.  I’m not sure Owen Power is old enough to legally purchase a lottery ticket yet. 😆 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

It feels like Dahlin has been around a long time because he has!  Dude was starting in the National league as an 18 year old, and has now played 325 games! 

What I get excited about is Owen Power, who is WAY ahead of Dahlin's development level at a similar stage, though the team he is working with is much better than the one Dahlin had and we have eternally better coaching now too.

47 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I scored tickets to the game tonight.  I really hope they pull it off.  Should be an electric atmosphere if they slide into that last playoff spot before the All-Star break.  Let's Go Buffalo! 

I am hoping the building will be full tonight as it's the last game for quite a long time.

I have no idea why people living in WNY are still staying away from the building.

We have one of the most exciting teams in the league and play a wildly exciting brand of hockey.

Avoiding that place made all the sense in the world for the last decade, but not now!

5 minutes ago, Process said:

Wow this uniform combo is terrible, they look ridiculous lol. Probably wouldn't be as bad with blue pants. 

Was about to post the same... looks like we're playing in pajamas on national television lol.

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

Carolina is showing the kids how an elite hockey team plays hockey.

yeah, they’ve been one of the top 2 teams this season. 

The Sabres haven’t been bad, but they have made too many mistakes. Can’t do that against such a good veteran team like the hurricanes. They can’t seem to get the puck by Carolina’s goalie either.

Bummer. I really wanted to enter the all star break in a playoff spot!

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Terrible unis. Being outskated by canes early. Building not full.

Horrible Buffalo Sabres loss tonight against the Carolina Hurricanes on TNT national television. The Buffalo Sabres week night attendance issues the Sabres organization are going to really have to give that some thought this offseason. Buffalo Sabres fans are treating week night games like Buffalo Bisons games. Meaning Buffalo fans only go on the weekends for Buffalo Bisons games for the most part. I wonder if the Buffalo Sabres need to look at going back to Sunday night games especially when the Buffalo Bills season is over because Buffalo just doesn’t go to week night games on work and school nights anymore. Also part of it is the economic realities of the limits of the Western New York market place. Sure Buffalo fans will pay more for the Buffalo Bills games but that money has to come from somewhere and it sure looks like it is at the expense of the Buffalo Sabres. I don’t buy the Sabres aren’t good excuse anymore nor do I buy that it is Key Bank Center is dirty fill in the blank excuse why Buffalo Sabres fans have stopped going to week night games. 

The same so called dirty Key Bank Center isn’t stopping Buffalo fans from going to Buffalo Bandits games. Buffalo fans just refuse to pay the Sabres prices for week night games anymore. It is a problem that the Sabres are going to have to look at. Again Sabres fans are asking a lot for the Sabres organization to max contract young Sabres players with as many empty Sabres seats on weekdays games at Key Bank Center not sold out. I think when the Buffalo Sabres get around to renovating Key Bank Center. I would go back to 16,500 max number of seats like Buffalo Memorial Auditorium days. There are too many seats for this market size and it’s economic constraints of today. I think the Buffalo Sabres financial losses are real and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if things don’t change by the end of this decade if this Sabres team could be potentially in Houston, Texas.

Houston is a growing market and too big not to have a NHL team. Terry Pegula is 71 years old and also once I believe lived in Houston, Texas. So could I see Houston Sabres by 2030 when Terry Pegula would be almost 80 years old if Buffalo Sabres attendance numbers don’t change? Yes I could because some NHL team is going to Houston by 2030. Phoenix, Florida, Ottawa, Columbus and Buffalo are the possible NHL moving candidates to Houston. I hope it’s not Buffalo but there are too many lower bowl seats at Key Bank Center empty I believe the Western New York business community dropped a lot of those high end lower bowl seats at Sabres games. Again I hope it doesn’t happen but as a Buffalo Sabres fan it could if things don’t change with Sabres attendance. Again I hope I am wrong in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.