Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah but he skating this morning so it might not be bad enough to keep him out for long.  But if they can play this well without him...

Just saw that he's doing well and not ruled out for Saturday.

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

Yes that second 10 game stretch hurts.

no point in focusing on that..lets just keep it rolling. These boys are hungry. a sabres playoff appearance this year would be nothing short of incredible and takes the sting out of the bills. playoff hockey is the bees knees.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

The game last night in Winnipeg was one of the more entertaining Sabres games I recall watching in YEARS.

For large stretches of time we looked like the Oilers from the 1980s.

We very much have an '80s Smythe Division style of game that is wildly entertaining to watch.

It would be incredible if we can find a way into the playoffs.

The thing is, we are still getting better all the time, and a number of our STUD players are a LONG WAY AWAY from being what they will be when they fully arrive.

It hasn't been this good in Buffalo Sabres Land since 2006.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 6

The final score made that game look closer than it was.  Sabres pretty much dominated from start to finish.  Jets get a late PP goal and a desperation goal to make it look close after we whiffed on the empty net.  Hellebuyck played well to keep Buffalo from putting up 4 or 5.  That effort every night will have this team back in the post season as the 8th seed no one wants to face.

• Like (+1) 1

This team sure is a lot of fun to watch! They’ve definitely sucked me back in at this point. I’m starting to really love this new core of young players and the culture/mix seems infinitely better than the previous young core.

I feel like this team actually has a bright future again.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

On 1/24/2023 at 7:08 PM, ChevyVanMiller said:

I like the offense he brings, maybe stick him on the second line with Couzens and VO.  Should we be concerned with his -13 plus minus though.

SO close to a playoff spot, one impact player could push them in.  I'm for making a trade, the fans deserve a playoff series

Edited by MarkyMannn
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

7 out of 8 points on the road trip. Last game played without Cozens and Samuelson. 1 point out a playoff spot. Only 4 games in the next 20 days, time to get rested and healthy. Go Sabres!

We have already gotten to that point I wasn't sure we could get to.  We are EASILY in position to make a true run at the playoffs THIS YEAR and my God, that would be the best gift this franchise could give the fanbase after over a decade of pure garbage.

What I just can't get used to is how we have relatively quickly become the highest scoring team in the league, we are one of the fastest teams in the league that a lot of teams have trouble keeping up with, we are super young, we have good players all over the ice, and we like to play an offense-first, high flying offense that reminds me of the Edmonton Oilers and the Smythe Division from the 1980s! 

This is literally more than I could have asked for as a fan.

Now if we can just find a way to make the playoffs.

We will be that #8 seed that NO No. 1 SEED WANTS TO SEE IN THE FIRST ROUND! 

A Bruins vs Sabres Round 1 to the playoffs would feel just like old times!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Draconator said:

Tough game for the Sabres. They went toe to toe with the Wild, and UPL fell apart in the shootout. Just make one save and we could have won this outright. 

Yeah that performance gave me flashbacks of Robin Lehner in the shootout. 😂

I knew as soon as it got to the shootout Buffalo was losing. UPL was getting caught out of position all night overplaying pucks. He still made some big saves for Buffalo but he just seemed a bit off his game last night.

Buffalo played a good game overall though, and 7 out of 8 points on a tough road trip is huge.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.