Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

WTF?!  UPL going to Rochester??  Comrie is low-grade garbage.  This is not cool…

From Lance Lysowski - The Sabres have activated Eric Comrie off injured reserve and loaned Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen to Rochester. Plan is for UPL to still get games in Buffalo in the days to come. This move buys time. They’re going to have to create a roster spot.

Sabres GM Kevyn Adams told reporters that he’s confident the club can carry three goalies, but it’s going to be “daily” roster management. They’re going to have to be creative. He expressed confidence in UPL, Comrie and Anderson.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

From Lance Lysowski - The Sabres have activated Eric Comrie off injured reserve and loaned Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen to Rochester. Plan is for UPL to still get games in Buffalo in the days to come. This move buys time. They’re going to have to create a roster spot.

Sabres GM Kevyn Adams told reporters that he’s confident the club can carry three goalies, but it’s going to be “daily” roster management. They’re going to have to be creative. He expressed confidence in UPL, Comrie and Anderson.

TBH, I don’t think any of them are great, but UPL is def better than the other 2 and the team seams to have embraced him.  UPL also started playing better when he started getting more consistent starts.  I hope this “shift” doesn’t hinder our progress.

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

TBH, I don’t think any of them are great, but UPL is def better than the other 2 and the team seams to have embraced him.  UPL also started playing better when he started getting more consistent starts.  I hope this “shift” doesn’t hinder our progress.

Anderson has let 3 goals in, and it's only the 1st period. Geez

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

WTF?!  UPL going to Rochester??  Comrie is low-grade garbage.  This is not cool…

I’m guessing UPL was an injury call-up and had to be sent back down to Rochester when Comrie was activated. I guess they could’ve tried to clear a roster spot to keep UPL but I’m not sure who you waive.

But they definitely need to get him back up in Buffalo, especially if Comrie looks like crap again.

The Sabres just played one of their worst games in months right after UPL was sent down. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.

They looked flat, and Anderson struggled. They can’t afford to piss too many more games away like that (especially against crap opponents like Philly) if they want to get into a playoff spot…

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I’m guessing UPL was an injury call-up and had to be sent back down to Rochester when Comrie was activated. I guess they could’ve tried to clear a roster spot to keep UPL but I’m not sure who you waive.

But they definitely need to get him back up in Buffalo, especially if Comrie looks like crap again.

The Sabres just played one of their worst games in months right after UPL was sent down. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.

They looked flat, and Anderson struggled. They can’t afford to piss too many more games away like that (especially against crap opponents like Philly) if they want to get into a playoff spot…

Kevyn Adams spoke to the press yesterday, and you can listen to it at gr-55 in their recorded content section.

He spoke for a while on the goaltender situation.

Short version is they are essentially keeping 3 goalies up, they will be playing around with them all the time, they anticipate injury trouble before the year is out, and they are by no means done with 6K in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 2

I think I’ve seen all I need to see from Craig Anderson.  He is not even a serviceable backup goalie.  His lateral movement once in his butterfly is terrible.  Painful to watch him last night.  A couple really soft goals.  I guess we’ll see what we get from a healthy Comrie, but if UPL isn’t playing 2/3 of the games there is a problem.

19 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

UPL was sick and not available to play last night.  He was supposed to start since Comrie is still getting back up to game speed.

Ah, didn't know that.  I thought he got called up and was supposed to play.

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Team defense needs to clean up.  5 guys watching the puck while your man moves into prime scoring position is not smart hockey.  

That's what I've been saying!

On 1/10/2023 at 10:59 AM, Nextmanup said:

Kevyn Adams spoke to the press yesterday, and you can listen to it at gr-55 in their recorded content section.

He spoke for a while on the goaltender situation.

Short version is they are essentially keeping 3 goalies up, they will be playing around with them all the time, they anticipate injury trouble before the year is out, and they are by no means done with 6K in Buffalo.

Thanks! Yeah I figured out they didn’t send him down while watching the Sabres game last night when they mentioned what Kevyn Adams said about 3 goalies during the broadcast, and Comrie said after the game that UPL was supposed to play last night but was sick when he came to the rink that morning.

Im glad. UPL has been our best goalie this season. If they are trying to win there is no reason to send him down. He needs to be playing.

6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

UPL was sick and not available to play last night.  He was supposed to start since Comrie is still getting back up to game speed.

Eric Comrie should be waived and if he clears sent to the Rochester Americans. If he doesn’t clear the Buffalo Sabres also win too the Sabres don’t have to pay him. Comrie should never have been sign he isn’t very good and hardly the big deal some in our Buffalo sports media think he is just waive the bum he is no great loss to the Buffalo Sabres in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Eric Comrie should be waived and if he clears sent to the Rochester Americans. If he doesn’t clear the Buffalo Sabres also win too the Sabres don’t have to pay him. Comrie should never have been sign he isn’t very good and hardly the big deal some in our Buffalo sports media think he is just waive the bum he is no great loss to the Buffalo Sabres in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/16ebed70-88f0-4058-82f9-c7cc86fead29

image.png.7531c005b26d8dcee64c06ec47ba497b.png

Edited by Jauronimo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.