Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

11 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

8BF57E0D-2806-47B1-87DA-BD0ED0863752.jpeg

This is all I needed to see to go off on this mini-rant.

BUT...I have NEVER liked the blue/gold/white and I go back to the '70s.  

The best Sabres team I have ever seen take the ice was in 2006--wearing those evil black uniforms.

They look FANTASTIC.  NEVER liked the goat head--that can be replaced, but I would vote for a return to the "new" color scheme in a heartbeat...

It's funny, but the organization switched to black/white/silver/red in the first place because we were a lousy organization trying to reinvent itself and establish a new identity.

Now we are trying to get out from the shadow of over a decade of being an embarrassment and easily the worst franchise in the NHL.  We want to make peace with the fans and get bodies into the building.

We need ANOTHER new start.

GO BACK TO THE RED WHITE AND BLACK!  

Only this time, get rid of the goat head and put the classic old Sabres logo wit the bison and sabres on there, in the new color scheme.  I could also vote for the "butter knives" to make a comeback, but on the main black or white sweater.  Those looked cool, I thought.

Everything that's old is new again.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlMGk_1gIK_I7X8FhgTB-

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Just purchased tix for the Calgary game on my birthday.  So excited.  I’m right in Bruins country.  Sabres getting a lot of respect here.

Awesome

I'd love a Sabres ticket on my birthday too. 😉  February 11th is the day God blessed upon this world!😊 

Years ago... My sister got me tickets to a Nordiques game... At the Aud, on my birthday... Right behind the benchs. She worked at the Aud Club at the time.

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The best Sabres team I have ever seen take the ice was in 2006--wearing those evil black uniforms.

They look FANTASTIC.  NEVER liked the goat head--that can be replaced, but I would vote for a return to the "new" color scheme in a heartbeat...

It's funny, but the organization switched to black/white/silver/red in the first place because we were a lousy organization trying to reinvent itself and establish a new identity.

Now we are trying to get out from the shadow of over a decade of being an embarrassment and easily the worst franchise in the NHL.  We want to make peace with the fans and get bodies into the building.

Only this time, get rid of the goat head and put the classic old Sabres logo wit the bison and sabres on there, in the new color scheme.  I could also vote for the "butter knives" to make a comeback, but on the main black or white sweater.  Those looked cool, I thought.

I believe they wore red and black because adelphia owner , rigas , also owned the sabres 

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I believe they wore red and black because adelphia owner , rigas , also owned the sabres 

Right, they weren't looking for a new identity, it was an ego stroke for the new owner.

• Agree 2

On 1/8/2023 at 9:47 AM, Nextmanup said:

The black jerseys take me back to one of the 90s Sabres' early playoff series.  It was a home game, I think against the Flyers, Bill Clement was on play-by-play. The Sabres were flying all over the place, and Peka, of all people, had just run someone over. Clements comment: "The Sabres aren't afraid of anyone. They look like young gunslingers out there." My memory may be off on some of the details, but I thought it was a cool quote while watching a great game!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.