Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

28 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

I understand how you feel but I gotta tell you, you are missing watching a legitimate superstar in Tage Thompson. The kid is incredible.

Tage makes no sense.  The guy is 6'7" but his greatest talent is operating in small spaces and a lightning release.  Its like watching a giraffe do perfect ballet in a phone booth.  His stick is 8 feet long and his wingspan is that of an albatross but he has elite puck handling skills in traffic and gets shots off with minimal room to operate.  He is still filling out his adult frame and will only get stronger, potentially faster.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, eball said:

His last few games UPL has been making the kind of saves this team has lacked since Ryan Miller left.  If he has turned the corner and continues to gain confidence this season may turn out better than anyone expected.

True as I didn't expect the offense to continue to be at such a high level. Yet I'll temper my current expectations and accept a playoff appearance. 

34 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Tage makes no sense.  The guy is 6'7" but his greatest talent is operating in small spaces and a lightning release.  Its like watching a giraffe do perfect ballet in a phone booth.  His stick is 8 feet long and his wingspan is that of an albatross but he has elite puck handling skills in traffic and gets shots off with minimal room to operate.  He is still filling out his adult frame and will only get stronger, potentially faster.

He is an albatross. Josh Allen on skates. I cannot believe his puck handling skills in such small spaces and that back hand pass he made to Tuch last night was poetry.

• Like (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

There are several times per game my mouth probably drops open in amazement at his stick-handling in tight quarters.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

His slap shot is ridiculous as well, I thought I remember a stat that he had  a couple of the top spots for fastest ones recorded this year?

His goal on the PP this last game was beautiful

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

His slap shot is ridiculous as well, I thought I remember a stat that he had  a couple of the top spots for fastest ones recorded this year?

https://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articles/hockey_world_reacts_to_tage_thompsons_5_goals_6_point_night/s1_16454_38219917

Martin Biron wrote, “Tage Thompson’s 5th goal of the game was a 100.3 mph shot. I asked NHL Stats who had the hardest shots so far this season and this was as of yesterday. Thompson had the hardest shot recorded this season at 101.7 mph and 3 of the 11 shots recorded over 100 mph.”

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, shrader said:

That Dowd goal was completely on UPL, horrible rebound control on a low angle shot.  I'm not there on him yet, but he's certainly cut back on those types of garbage goals.  There's definitely potential now to move forward beyond this year.

Rebounds happen.  The defenders were standing around watching the shooter instead of worrying about opposing skaters coming to the crease.

Edited by Doc

9 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

6 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

His skillset is insane.  I see elements of Pavel Datsyuk and Alexander Ovechkin in his game in a guy with the body of Eric Lindros.  A real unicorn 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

He has three of the top 10 fastest shots on the season

And yes he is a superstar

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I thought I had heard them say recently that he actually uses a much shorter stick than you'd expect.  I want to say it was Tuch who actually has the longest stick on the team.

18 hours ago, Doc said:

Rebounds happen.  The defenders were standing around watching the shooter instead of worrying about opposing skaters coming to the crease.

But rebound that land directly behind you in the crease cannot happen.  If you were to ask UPL, I'm sure he was kicking himself over that one.  A goalie needs to direct those rebounds to spots where the team can clean them up.  That one was probably the worst possible option.  He's improved damn near miraculously in the past month, but that one makes me worry a bit.

4 hours ago, shrader said:

I thought I had heard them say recently that he actually uses a much shorter stick than you'd expect.  I want to say it was Tuch who actually has the longest stick on the team.

But rebound that land directly behind you in the crease cannot happen.  If you were to ask UPL, I'm sure he was kicking himself over that one.  A goalie needs to direct those rebounds to spots where the team can clean them up.  That one was probably the worst possible option.  He's improved damn near miraculously in the past month, but that one makes me worry a bit.

His stick is 20 feet long if its an inch and if Tage were here right now listening to you question his length and girth he would consume you with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his ass.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, shrader said:

I agree that UPL should be and probably is kicking himself for the rebound.  But his teammates need to be more aware around the net.

We are now 5-0 with the goat head sweaters on...and we've scored 6 goals in EACH of the 5 games!

Switch to these uniforms immediately for the rest of the season!

637eb538cd615.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

7 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

crowd was simply awesome tonight A+++

19,070 in attendance tonight! 

Let's hope this becomes a steady new thing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.