Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

7 hours ago, Doc said:

And the arena is packed.  No wonder tix were so expensive.

I was amazed and happy to see a full house for this game!  I guess it's easier to get around up there than I thought!  This team is fun to watch and the crowd has really gotten into it a number of times this year already, including tonight.  

I thought we'd win, but not like THAT.  Detroit was really bad in their own end we were really sharp.  

The mini come-back helped keep it interesting, but overall, a good win.  We need to keep the streak rolling here.

It would be SO MUCH more fun if we could get into close range of a playoff spot and STAY THERE for the duration of the season.   

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

It would be SO MUCH more fun if we could get into close range of a playoff spot and STAY THERE for the duration of the season.   

Well we're 8 points back with 4 games in hand. Maybe the 2 NY teams could slump that would help.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/29/2022 at 12:23 PM, Process said:

I haven't been to a sabres games in 5+ years. I was thinking of going to the game tonight thinking tickets would be like $20. The cheapest tickets are $100+. It's a random weekday game. Every time I see a game on TV the arena is half empty. What am I missing?

Fewer season ticket holders mean less secondary market tickets. Also this Sabres team is worth the price of admission. But you can still find deals if you look at mid-week games against bad western conference teams.

17 hours ago, T&C said:

Joe DiBiase
@SneakyJoeSports

Points per game in the NHL in the last 40 days...

1. Jeff Skinner - 1.92
2. Tage Thompson - 1.87
3. Connor McDavid - 1.83

7:02 AM · Dec 30, 2022

Connor McDavid is on his own level of otherworldliness, and that's as measured against the entire league.

But it's nice to see this outburst of scoring from multiple Sabres, no doubt.

If we had rock solid goaltending (we don't) and continue to tighten up team defense (will we?), we could do damage in the playoffs THIS YEAR....especially with the PP humming as it is.

I still think we have a very outside shot at playoff hockey this year, but next year we will be there, and then we'll be there every year for a long time.  We gotta get a goalie.

20 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

My season ticket friend sold all his games.

I snagged some and got a few games still.

Surprising that he would sell them all NOW...we FINALLY have a team worth watching for the first time in over a decade.  No joke.

6 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Buf up 2-1 

I'm watching this on the NESN feed and these boston play by play guys speak at half speed... RJ's son was better lol. Guess they are the Mowins of the hockey world.

• Haha (+1) 2

That was a REALLY GOOD hockey game made even better by the late goal and the huge winner in OT.

I would have been OK with a loss, especially with the penalty trouble we got into in the 3rd...then that 3rd goal came and I was thinking "Oh come on! Just get it to OT and take that point!"  

And then we WON it with Bergeron and Marchand ON THE ICE.

Dillon Cousins was awesome on that play and what a nice goal from Tuch!

Nice to see his mom down low in the crowd to enjoy that one.

Big shout out to UPL as well, who had a very solid game, kept us in it at times.

This team is a lot of fun to watch.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.