Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

13 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Too bad they couldn’t secure 2 points tonight.  They’ll probably get boat raced in Pittsburgh with UPL in goal.

Don’t forget we get their backup too (who I think we got pulled last time we played them). Jarry was one of the differences in this game. He made a lot of tough saves and didn’t let in a softie (looking at you Anderson).

• Agree 1

Glad they at least got a point last night. Skinner pretty much killed any chance of picking up that 2nd point with his 5 minute major (that would’ve lasted the entire overtime period). But I figured Buffalo was losing in regulation when they went down a goal with barely 3 minutes left. So props for getting it to OT.

Its easier to live with losses when they at least pick up that loser point.

• Agree 2

Six goals in a PERIOD for the second time in about a week! 

People not watching the game will see 6-0 and assume it was a lopsided blowout.

Not so!  Very evenly fought affair (and boring) for the first 2 periods.

And then the eruption in the third.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Six goals in a PERIOD for the second time in about a week! 

People not watching the game will see 6-0 and assume it was a lopsided blowout.

Not so!  Very evenly fought affair (and boring) for the first 2 periods.

And then the eruption in the third.

The 1st and most of the 2nd were an older, bigger team clogging things up and not letting Buffalo skate. The PPs changed everything in the 3rd and Anderson kept them in it until then. Fun game and amazing period. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

That 3rd period was great! Just an explosion of goal scoring by the Sabres.

Tage Thompson with another 2+ goal game. What a season he’s having! And we thought last season was his break out year… 😂

I'm just happy to see Krebs start putting points/goals on the scoreboard as makes the Eichel trade look better and better. 

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Sabres are like the 2017 Bills. On the verge....

Yeah just need a better netminder. Yet I don't want to rush Levi to the NHL either as to me he shouldn't be in a regular in Buffalo until 2024 at the earliest. 

Hell of a win to get back to .500.  Damn that 8-game losing streak.  If they had just gone 4-4 they’d be the top WC right now.  As it stands they are still only 5 pts out of a playoff spot through 31 games…not terrible.

Anybody have details on Power?  Would hate to lose him for any significant time.

7 hours ago, coloradobillsfan said:

Great win against the defending champs on the road tonight here in Denver.  Lost Power in warmups and had to skate 5 D but held on for the win.  Sabres fans were well represented at Ball Arena; lots of blue & gold on the light rail back home

My Step Daughter is stationed in Colorado Springs (Army). She arrived Monday back from a 9-month Eastern European Deployment. Last night was her first Sabres road game.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/16/2022 at 7:07 AM, eball said:

Hell of a win to get back to .500.  Damn that 8-game losing streak.  If they had just gone 4-4 they’d be the top WC right now.  As it stands they are still only 5 pts out of a playoff spot through 31 games…not terrible.

Anybody have details on Power?  Would hate to lose him for any significant time.

Even if they had picked up a few loser points on that 8 game losing streak it would’ve been a big help. Losing all 8 of those games in regulation put them in a big hole. They’ve done well digging out of it though.

5 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

I could watch this 1000000 times. The responses from opposing fans. “Top 5 in the league”

He might not have blossomed with Eichel around. The locker room was only big enough for one franchise guy. Now he might be even better than Jack.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.