Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

Don Granato was never going to be the answer. Buffalo Sabres fans like to forget that Don Granato was hand picked by Ralph Krueger why on earth would Sabres fans think a career minor league coach at Don Granato age that he was going to be the answer for the Sabres? I was against the hire from day one I didn’t think Don Granato was going to win big here. The Buffalo Sabres are soft and they play when they feel like it because there lazy with guaranteed contracts. Major changes to our bottom two lines need improvement. Jeff Skinner shouldn’t be on this team nor should Craig Anderson and Eric Comrie they both aren’t good enough in the nets. Devon Levi needs to be signed and start as soon as he gets here that is how bad our goaltending is. We can’t wait 2 or 3 years in the minors Devon Levi is going to have to sink or swim. UPL isn’t the answer either in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Don Granato was never going to be the answer. Buffalo Sabres fans like to forget that Don Granato was hand picked by Ralph Krueger why on earth would Sabres fans think a career minor league coach at Don Granato age that he was going to be the answer for the Sabres? I was against the hire from day one I didn’t think Don Granato was going to win big here. The Buffalo Sabres are soft and they play when they feel like it because there lazy with guaranteed contracts. Major changes to our bottom two lines need improvement. Jeff Skinner shouldn’t be on this team nor should Craig Anderson and Eric Comrie they both aren’t good enough in the nets. Devon Levi needs to be signed and start as soon as he gets here that is how bad our goaltending is. We can’t wait 2 or 3 years in the minors Devon Levi is going to have to sink or swim. UPL isn’t the answer either in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Imacelebrityau GIF by I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Australia

On 11/17/2022 at 6:14 PM, BillsFan4 said:

Actually kind of excited to see UPL. Maybe he can be the spark they need. He’s played well in his NHL opportunities. 

UPL has been below par against AHL talent....he's going to have a rough time

And it sounds like Comrie will be out for 2 or 3 weeks.

This could be the stretch that officially kills our season (as in chance to make playoffs).

Out of it by early December (again) would suck.

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

UPL has been below par against AHL talent....he's going to have a rough time

And it sounds like Comrie will be out for 2 or 3 weeks.

This could be the stretch that officially kills our season (as in chance to make playoffs).

Out of it by early December (again) would suck.

He has played well in his NHL appearances. Only 9 games, so obviously small sample size but in those 9 games he’s a .917 sv%. iirc 

5 hours ago, Beast said:

The Sabres have a handful of pretty damned good players.

Then they have the rest of them and the goaltending.

The Sabres play no defense.  I don't know how to even assess the goaltending with the number of high quality scoring chances they face a night.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

He has played well in his NHL appearances. Only 9 games, so obviously small sample size but in those 9 games he’s a .917 sv%. iirc 

Maybe he can rise to the challenge; I don't see it. UPL's career has gone sideways and if it he can't do it now, when is he going to do it?

42 minutes ago, TBBills said:

This team looks like they already gave up. That power play was absolutely horrible.

I think their "compete" is actually pretty solid tonight, but their play is not focused.

4-1 as we head into the 3rd.  Looks like the streak continues.

This ***** is getting stupid.

Just now, TheCockSportif said:

Man.  The Sabres are just not good.  At all.  They have talent, but then again, I've been hearing this for the last decade.

The kids out there tonight were NOT here a decade ago.  A lot of them weren't here either last year or the year before that.  They are the youngest roster in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The kids out there tonight were NOT here a decade ago.  A lot of them weren't here either last year or the year before that.  They are the youngest roster in the league.

I'd rather have any/all of them than Eichel, a guy who singlehandedly caused me to stop watching this team.  But still, ugh... great start, then fall into an abyss, probably out of it by New Year's.

I started watching the first period. Turned it off when the leafs scored their 3rd goal.

Just flipped the game back on to see the leafs score their 5th goal. 5-1 Toronto.

Immediately changed the channel. 😂

looks like this will be loss #8 in a row. 🤢🤮

🤬**** this team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.