Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

12 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Hockey is so much better when it’s not ESPN announcers 

I don't mind John Buccigross.  He's a long time, old school, hockey guy who knows the sport.

I have no idea who the female was, though she wasn't really bad or that annoying, and Bouch is Bouch.  He's kicked around networks for a long time; he's OK, nothing special.

A lot of the "big network" announce teams for hockey aren't great. 

I always used to really DISLIKE Doc Emrick and his whole schtick.

As a rule, almost any of the Canadian broadcast teams are great; I enjoy watching Sabres games against Canadian teams with the Canadian broadcast.  The road trip we just head out in Western Canada was great for that; Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver announce teams in the span of a few days.

22 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

The goat head was MUCH better than the slug. 

Slug was terrible!  Agreed!  But I just can't take the goat head; I hate that thing.

The slug looked like a corporate logo you would see at the top of letterhead stationery.

Totally out of place in sports.

I just don't like the blue/yellow/white scheme, and never have.  Can you imagine painting your living room to look like that?  Cheesy and gross.

The all black was awesome.

Yikes! That’s Brutal with all the injuries they already have on defense.

their defense tonight against Tampa:

Power - Clague (or lyubushkin)

Bryson - Fitzgerald

Pilut - Davies

😬

edit - I usually don’t bother commenting when I get an eye roll, but I have no clue why doc gave me an eye roll for this post. What did I say that made you roll your eyes?

You don’t think there’s been a brutal amount of injuries to the Sabres blue line?

At the time I made that post it looked like we’d have 3 AHL defenseman in the lineup + their #7 d man and be without 4 of our top 5 defenseman (Dahlin, Joker, Samuelsson, Lyubushkin).

🤷‍♂️

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yikes! That’s Brutal with all the injuries they already have on defense.

their defense tonight against Tampa:

Power - Clague (or lyubushkin)

Bryson - Fitzgerald

Pilut - Davies

😬

Well we're holding our own so far. The game is around 8 miles away from me... it was pretty cool running into Sabres fans at Publix with their gear on.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, T&C said:

Well we're holding our own so far. The game is around 8 miles away from me... it was pretty cool running into Sabres fans at Publix with their gear on.

Yeah I’ve been pleasantly surprised so far. Losing Dahlin is tough to overcome with the other injuries they have on D.

It sure helps that Lyubushkin back. When I posted that it looked like Davies might be playing.

They've had a lot of injuries on defense this year. I hope they can get healthy as the season goes on. I’d like to see their actual top 6 play. They’re still playing good hockey even down 3(+) of their top 5 defenseman.

Edited by BillsFan4

35 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah I’ve been pleasantly surprised so far. Losing Dahlin is tough to overcome with the other injuries they have on D.

It sure helps that Lyubushkin back. When I posted that it looked like Davies might be playing.

They've had a lot of injuries on defense this year. I hope they can get healthy as the season goes on. I’d like to see their actual top 6 play. They’re still playing good hockey even down 3(+) of their top 5 defenseman.

That's it... was a fun game though. 

I thought we played a hell of a game against Tampa, when you consider we didn't have Joker, Dahlin, or Sammy on the blue line.

We have a LOT of solid, young players now, and we pretty much met them punch for punch over 3 periods with our best 3 D men out of the game.  

If we play like that every night we will win a lot of games and make the playoffs this year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Yeah no real complaints about the loss last night. They held their own without 3 of their top 5 defenseman. Comrie played a great game too.

They do need to get back in the win column against Arizona though because the schedule doesn’t get any easier in the following 2 games - Golden knights and Bruins, who might be the best team in the league right now. Their demise was Greatly exaggerated. (Btw It really pisses me off that the Golden Knights game is on ESPN+. I can “find” a stream I’m sure but I’ll be limited to watching it on an iPad or computer monitor).

Need to stop the losing streak at 2 games again. So far this season they haven’t lost more than 2 games in a row and I’d like to see that continue. That’s an area I’d like to see them take a step forward in this season. Good teams don’t continually lose 3+ games in a row. It’ll obviously happen from time to time but it can’t be a consistent thing. So far, so good!

• Like (+1) 1

Rough loss last night. They really needed to beat Arizona, who seem to be openly tanking.

It doesn’t get any easier the next 2 games. They face the current top 2 teams in the league - Las Vegas and Boston.

Hopefully this 3 game losing streak doesn’t turn into 5…

Edited by BillsFan4
Spelling

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Roth loss last night. They really needed to beat Arizona, who seem to be openly tanking.

It doesn’t get any easier the next 2 games. They face the current top 2 teams in the league - Las Vegas and Boston.

Given their track record over the last few years, I'd be much more concerned about that number going >5.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Rough loss last night. They really needed to beat Arizona, who seem to be openly tanking.

They clearly looked like the better team (Buffalo), Arizonas goals all came on flukely bs (Power play off the wall hits his skate and goes right in front of the goal, two were off of our own defenders and into the net), we just couldnt generate offense consistently enough to overcome the bad bounces, very unfortunate

• Like (+1) 2

That was an embarrassing loss for the Buffalo Sabres team tonight. The Sabres are falling into all the bad habits again the effort wasn’t there. I question the Sabres ever winning with Don Granato. It is the same crap every year we are done by Thanksgiving again embarrassing in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

34 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

That was an embarrassing loss for the Buffalo Sabres team tonight. The Sabres are falling into all the bad habits again the effort wasn’t there. I question the Sabres ever winning with Don Granato. It is the same crap every year we are done by Thanksgiving again embarrassing in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I’m generally curious what did Adams and Granato do to deserve extensions. 

this team was bleeding defenseman and they couldn’t be bothered to give up a 5th rd pick for a guy now playing over 20 minutes a night in Vancouver. 

the team hasn’t finished above the bottom ten in their entire tenure. 

11 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Pretty entertaining game, but if we are going to give the puck away like this and give up THIS many odd-man rushes, we won't come close to making the playoffs.

Agreed but my expectations werent that high this year so maybe I see things through a different lens. I am more interested to see how we respond after this brutal stretch of the schedule and get some of our defensemen back. Carolina, Tampa, Vegas and Boston without our best dmen is tough enough, then couple that with our inexperienced players and you get the results we got, stealing one of those games would have been nice but I wasnt (or am not in Bostons case) expecting it.

And I think we can say we are done with the Comrie experiment. The Arizona game was some flukely bs that sometimes happens in hockey.

It is good to see our PP doing well though and Tage seems to be proving last year wasnt a fluke. Would like to see more out of players like Tuch and Skinner moving forward

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.