Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

Another nice win tonight! That’s 3 in a row!

Sabres are 7-3-0 to start the year, with a .700 win percentage and a +15 goal differential. 

They currently sit 2nd in the division, not that it matters much this early. But still, they are off to a great start or are continuing their excellent end to last season depending on how you want to look at it. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Congrats on another win. What is that 7-3 now. I can't say I am a Sabres fan (Isles fan here) but it's good to see the Sabres have finally turned the corner. Hopefully WNY sees a Super Bowl championship and parade in Feb and playoff hockey in the spring.

13 hours ago, Bad Things said:

I just watched the highlights.  You guys weren't kidding that tonights unis were horrible.  Wow!

I like the jerseys but did not like the all white pants. It was just too much white.

If they had blue pants, or even white + blue I think it would look better.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

17 hours ago, Bad Things said:

I just watched the highlights.  You guys weren't kidding that tonights unis were horrible.  Wow!

Really, really bad.  I don't think I've seen hockey pants that were white like that.

The whole thing had a dingy, dirty look to it.

And then they take the worst piece of sports graphic art of all time (the goat) and not only bring it back, but in the cheesy yellow/blue/white color scheme.

I'm in the minority here, but I would LOVE for us to go back to black/white/red but with a new logo, maybe based on the original.

We looked (and actually were) as tough as hell in those all black unis back in the day...

Ray, May, Boughner, Barnaby, Primeau...I loved those teams and those unis! 

2 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

Good comeback win. Players are really getting after it this year. A little too loose in the defensive zone at times, but we're getting the scoring. 

And those uniforms .... 🤮 Putrid. Using blue helmets with that scheme didn't fit at all. 

They're down several of their top defensemen (Samuelsson, Jokiharju and Lyubushkin).

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Really, really bad.  I don't think I've seen hockey pants that were white like that.

And then they take the worst piece of sports graphic art of all time (the goat) and not only bring it back, but in the cheesy yellow/blue/white color scheme.

I'm in the minority here, but I would LOVE for us to go back to black/white/red but with a new logo, maybe based on the original.

We looked (and actually were) as tough as hell in those all black unis back in the day...

Goat not good. Slug far, far, far worse. 

• Agree 3

They had a Sabres road crew event last night here in Raleigh.  That was a great time.  I've got a cool little collectors item now after Marty signed my old red Biron jersey.  And RJ in the building?  That's worth the price of admission... which was only $15.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

19 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The goat head was MUCH better than the slug. 

• Agree 1

I agree.  The slug is/was actually embarrassing and I still cannot fathom how that thing passed through all the processes of design and approval before it was sewn onto an actual jersey.

The goathead really isnt bad.  Many Sabres fans (mostly 40 and over) hate it, mainly because we already had/have one of the best looks and color schemes in the league.  The original is a classic and anything else is a downgrade

The goathead logo and color scheme was a money grab, trying to get in on the 90s black and red craze, and also coupling the franchise with adelphia.  

Overall, hockey/NHL fans look back on it with nostalgia and it was a pretty well-received logo.  The sabres had some great seasons wearing it.

But yeah, they should never consider straying from the original logo/royal blue and gold ever again other than novelty jerseys

Edited by May Day 10
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.