Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

Unreal game by Tage Thompson! Hat trick and at least 6 points now. He’s scored or assisted on every goal but 1 I think. Last 2 games he’s been playing amazing.

Just about Everyone playing well for Buffalo tonight!

8-3 Buffalo! That one sure was fun!

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

It's a shame only 9,000 people got to be at that game.  It would have been a lot of fun to attend, and the crowd (that was there) was really rocking, at least by Sabres standards.

I am going to say it now the Buffalo Sabres are going to make the playoffs this season they looked really good tonight. It was Halloween that is why the very low attendance for this game. I blame that on the NHL schedule teams on Halloween. If you share a building with a NBA team I understand it. For the Buffalo Sabres I don’t understand it. It’s not like Key Bank Center is really used anymore after the Buffalo Blizzard folded, the Buffalo Destroyers moved and local Big 4 college basketball has moved to there own on campus arenas. It use be the circus was on Halloween but most of the major circuses are closed because of PETA. Concerts aren’t doing Monday night so there is no reason to schedule Buffalo Sabres games on Halloween in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

15 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

It's a shame only 9,000 people got to be at that game.  It would have been a lot of fun to attend, and the crowd (that was there) was really rocking, at least by Sabres standards.

It is going to be an uphill climb to fill the building, even if the team continues to remain in the thick of things.  

The ticket pricing is way too high.  The false demand of the waiting list allowed the Sabres to keep increasing prices over a decade-plus.  People were hanging on due to the threat of the waiting list and FOMO.   The STH bubble burst and the market is way out of whack.  People around here have been pretty detached from the Sabres over the past 10-15 seasons.   $40 for a ticket in the 300 corners (which are a mile away from the ice) on a Monday night Halloween, or the upcoming Wednesday game is a tough sell.  Upgrade the seat location and its going to increase.  I just looked up Tampa Bay Lightning tickets for tomorrow.  You can get into the building with comparable seats for $20, 100 level seats for $65.  That is a more affluent market with decent demand, amidst kind of a dynasty.  All their pricing is lower.

I said it before, but they really should have slashed STH pricing before this season.  Could have loaded up with more new STH, then if they do make the playoffs, people would flock to buy tickets and sign up for next season.  Could re-create the market in 2006-07 when tickets were low-priced, but they created demand, then had the waiting list, and giving them control to keep bumping up pricing.

People always say 'you need to increase ticket pricing to get revenue sharing'.  That is not true, directly.  You need to increase revenue by a certain % to get revenue sharing.  If you fail to increase revenue, the team needs to submit a plan/report to the NHL owners on how they will increase revenue moving forward (and they still get revenue sharing).

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

It is going to be an uphill climb to fill the building, even if the team continues to remain in the thick of things.  

The ticket pricing is way too high.  The false demand of the waiting list allowed the Sabres to keep increasing prices over a decade-plus.  People were hanging on due to the threat of the waiting list and FOMO.   The STH bubble burst and the market is way out of whack.  People around here have been pretty detached from the Sabres over the past 10-15 seasons.   $40 for a ticket in the 300 corners (which are a mile away from the ice) on a Monday night Halloween, or the upcoming Wednesday game is a tough sell.  Upgrade the seat location and its going to increase.  I just looked up Tampa Bay Lightning tickets for tomorrow.  You can get into the building with comparable seats for $20, 100 level seats for $65.  That is a more affluent market with decent demand, amidst kind of a dynasty.  All their pricing is lower.

I said it before, but they really should have slashed STH pricing before this season.  Could have loaded up with more new STH, then if they do make the playoffs, people would flock to buy tickets and sign up for next season.  Could re-create the market in 2006-07 when tickets were low-priced, but they created demand, then had the waiting list, and giving them control to keep bumping up pricing.

People always say 'you need to increase ticket pricing to get revenue sharing'.  That is not true, directly.  You need to increase revenue by a certain % to get revenue sharing.  If you fail to increase revenue, the team needs to submit a plan/report to the NHL owners on how they will increase revenue moving forward (and they still get revenue sharing).

Not to mention they are currently competing with a Bills ticket market where people are shelling out major bucks on the secondary market to be at these games.  The last time the Sabres were relevant they weren't competing with a scorching hot Bills Super Bowl contending team.  Because of that even if the Sabres look like a legit playoff team down the stretch I still can't see the arena selling out night after night and a waiting list demand for season tickets next year.  They are going to be playing second fiddle to the Bills for awhile.  

16 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I quite like it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Some like fat girls some like skinny... some can't get either. I like the original and I don't think I'd wear anything but that one. Game getting close, going to get some gumbo going that we had in the freezer... and homemade garlic toast for dipping.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

Reverse Retro jersey debut tonight!

I am waiting for the third black and red jersey that is cooler then the reverse retro. Reverse retro goat head is like doing our blue and gold current main jerseys in black and red. For Buffalo Sabres fans not wanting the third jerseys in black and red. I am old guy I like the current Buffalo Sabres main jersey and the black and red correct third Buffalo Sabres jersey coming. This reverse retro is blue and gold only is Sabres fan with fake compromise. Some Blue and Gold Sabres fans have no interest in anything else but Blue and Gold everything forever. Reality the Buffalo Sabres didn’t win anything in the Blue and Gold it is hardly the Montreal Canadians or Boston Bruins I know I was there as a Sabres fan. So get off your high horses Blue and Gold Buffalo Sabres fans and accept the Black and Red Buffalo Sabres jersey as a third the 1990’s Buffalo Sabres fans aren’t asking much a third jersey Black and Red Goat head jersey is fine in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

36 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I am waiting for the third black and red jersey that is cooler then the reverse retro. Reverse retro goat head is like doing our blue and gold current main jerseys in black and red. For Buffalo Sabres fans not wanting the third jerseys in black and red. I am old guy I like the current Buffalo Sabres main jersey and the black and red correct third Buffalo Sabres jersey coming. This reverse retro is blue and gold only is Sabres fan with fake compromise. Some Blue and Gold Sabres fans have no interest in anything else but Blue and Gold everything forever. Reality the Buffalo Sabres didn’t win anything in the Blue and Gold it is hardly the Montreal Canadians or Boston Bruins I know I was there as a Sabres fan. So get off your high horses Blue and Gold Buffalo Sabres fans and accept the Black and Red Buffalo Sabres jersey as a third the 1990’s Buffalo Sabres fans aren’t asking much a third jersey Black and Red Goat head jersey is fine in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Can you at least try to condense your posts? 

40 minutes ago, T&C said:

Some like fat girls some like skinny... some can't get either. I like the original and I don't think I'd wear anything but that one. Game getting close, going to get some gumbo going that we had in the freezer... and homemade garlic toast for dipping.

Solid meal!

• Like (+1) 1

Very impressive win tonight; Pittsburgh brought their "A" game and we had a lot of adversity...but plugged away and had an incredible 3rd period.

I still can't believe no one goes to the games.

This team is a lot of fun to watch.

2 hours ago, T&C said:

Holy F are these jerseys/shirts ever ugly... I hope they never play in these again.

This is for you!

ReverseRetroResized.jpg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.