Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

Highlights from last night. Don't know why but they left out Cozen's shorthanded goal at the end of the 1st.  Sabres are 4-1 in preseason. Final game is Friday at Pittsburgh. That one will be on ESPN+.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Tage Thompson got in a scrap last night!  The video is on youtube if you are interested.

Not exactly a GREAT fight but it was nice to see him drop 'em to defend a teammate.

I love when guys like this step outside of their comfort zone and show a little toughness.

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Tage Thompson got in a scrap last night!  The video is on youtube if you are interested.

Not exactly a GREAT fight but it was nice to see him drop 'em to defend a teammate.

I love when guys like this step outside of their comfort zone and show a little toughness.

He had himself a Gordie Howe Hatrick: a goal, an assist and a fight...all in the 1st period.

53 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

The Sabres are going to be a real treat to watch this season.  Can't wait for next week to get here 

For the first time in what seems like forever I’m genuinely excited for the start of the season. Not just the curiosity factor. It was great last year having watchable hockey again. Have a feeling the days of games just being background noise are coming to an end. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

For the first time in what seems like forever I’m genuinely excited for the start of the season. Not just the curiosity factor. It was great last year having watchable hockey again. Have a feeling the days of games just being background noise are coming to an end. 

I absolutely agree...The exciting part for this year I think they are going to take a significant leap from what they built up on the back half of last season.  Gonna be so weird for the Bills and Sabres to be good at the same time...but I am so here for it! 

• Agree 1

This is a national article and when you open it... there is a Sabre on the ice at home. Like the rest of you guys, I'm really looking forward to this season. For me making the playoff is the goal, we are nowhere near actually contending for the cup.

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2022/10/06/drop-the-puck--what-to-know-about-the-2022-23-nhl-season

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Opening day each season we have hope for the new season this case the Buffalo Sabres. But I don’t personally see this Buffalo Sabres team being all that successful in 2022-23 with our goaltending situation as it is currently. I don’t see Eric Comrie even a NHL back up goalie I would want. I have seen nothing to believe Eric Comrie is a NHL level goalie maybe WHA level goalie sure a third or a fourth goalie filler for depth in the Sabres organization. Craig Anderson is at best could be a number one if he was younger and could stay healthy. I don’t see the Buffalo Sabres as a playoff team unfortunately until they fix the goaltending situation. Devon Levi is the Buffalo Sabres future. Unless there is some kind of huge trade for a goalie or Devon Levi is signed hope is all we got as Sabres fans but I wouldn’t count on it.

Plus I have had and still currently have serious doubts Don Granato is winning big here with the Sabres with no goaltending. I have always seen Don Granato as a AHL level coach that had no back bone to stand up to that idiot Ralph Krueger the head coach with the crap he was pulling benching Jeff Skinner and GM Kevyn Adams didn’t have much of a back bone either standing up to that idiot so there both yes men. So Don Granato and Kevyn Adams were both yes man for a idiot that isn’t Stanley Cup timber head coach or general manager. I would have fired everyone in the Ralph Krueger front office and coaches including that idiot goalie coach Mike Bales that hasn’t developed UPL well at all he still can’t beat out a 41 year old man shocking in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

19 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I absolutely agree...The exciting part for this year I think they are going to take a significant leap from what they built up on the back half of last season.  Gonna be so weird for the Bills and Sabres to be good at the same time...but I am so here for it! 

19 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

20 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

The Sabres are going to be a real treat to watch this season.  Can't wait for next week to get here 

@Buffalo Super Fan's run-on sentence concerns aside, I agree with all of you.  The culture has been created (read: Eichel gone) and the players have all bought in.  They are young, which typically in the NHL means you can't truly contend, but they will be a fun team to watch and root for.  We'll soon see what we're getting in Comrie, as goaltending is without a doubt the #1 factor that will limit how far this team can go.  Can't wait for the opener!

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, eball said:

@Buffalo Super Fan's run-on sentence concerns aside, I agree with all of you.  The culture has been created (read: Eichel gone) and the players have all bought in.  They are young, which typically in the NHL means you can't truly contend, but they will be a fun team to watch and root for.  We'll soon see what we're getting in Comrie, as goaltending is without a doubt the #1 factor that will limit how far this team can go.  Can't wait for the opener!

Exactly right.  The goal for this year should be to cement the attitude they developed in the second half of last year and let those roots strengthen.  If the goaltending comes along then maybe some contention magic happens.  If not, the future is still bright.  I’d sure like to come out of this year thinking “wow” when looking back at 22-23 for Dahlin, Power and at least a couple of the young forwards.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.