Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, BillsFan4 said:

Right?! This summer just flew by.

time flies… especially as you start to get older. 😂

I have a Korean friend who says that they have a saying that there is a direct analogy between age and the experienced speed of time's flight. When you are ten, it is as if you are driving a car at 10 mph. Summer vacation is an entire world unto itself. Christmas takes forever to arrive. When you are middle-aged, time is fairly brusque. At fifty-five, there are no idylls for dreaming and wonder. At eighty, well, it's getting rather uncomfortable to be racing along, especially when it's unclear how much road is paved ahead.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I have a Korean friend who says that they have a saying that there is a direct analogy between age and the experienced speed of time's flight. When you are ten, it is as if you are driving a car at 10 mph. Summer vacation is an entire world unto itself. Christmas takes forever to arrive. When you are middle-aged, time is fairly brusque. At fifty-five, there are no idylls for dreaming and wonder. At eighty, well, it's getting rather uncomfortable to be racing along, especially when it's unclear how much road is paved ahead.

So the Leafs are going to finish last in the NHL?

Cool

7 minutes ago, Draconator said:

So the Leafs are going to finish last in the NHL?

Cool

Well, yes, I can't really say, but first round playoff flame out is pretty close to an eternal truth of the Platonic variety. And no matter how bad the Sabres are -- and we're not really bad any more, we tend to own them, how sad for the entitled French speaking surrender monkeys.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/13/2022 at 4:20 PM, BillsFan4 said:

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/buffalo-sabres-2022-23-preseason-schedule-announcement/c-334779520

training camp starts Sept. 22nd.

first preseason game is Sept. 25th.

i’m actually looking forward to this season for a change! Really hope they can build on the second half of last season.

The first Prospect Challenge game is tonight 7pm vs Montreal. Going to be streamed live on Sabres.com but blocked outside WNY. However the Canadiens are streaming on Twitter,  Twitch and YouTube. No mention if they are "geocaching" their streams.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/31/2022 at 5:48 PM, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Tage Thompson I don’t like the length of the contract 5 years is too risky for a one year break out player for the Buffalo Sabres. Plus it locks a Sabres roster spot for five years on a organization with a lot of prospects that might potentially be better than Tage Thompson? Now he is

harder to trade with that money and contract length. Plus the $50 million dollars is better used at PSE fully privately renovating Key Bank Center. Not one dime of public money when you are spending crazy on Tage Thompson the NHL television money doesn’t match this guarantee contract. NHL isn’t the NFL.

I also don’t believe Tage Thompson wants to be here long term that is what Jack Eichel, Tyler Myers, Ryan Miller, Thomas Vanek they all say it when they are young, naive with no money and they want the guarantee money then the power shifts from

hockey team to player. Three years from now if the Sabres continue to suck which is a possibility “Howard Hughes like” Terry Pegula isn’t a winning owner he can’t even win Buffalo Bandits a NLL championship. Tage Thompson will be singing a different tune. What is sad is some goofy Buffalo fans will say let’s give Tage Thompson a chance to win a Stanley Cup some where else. Let’s give him away for hockey tape and be happy tanking year 20 fools. What the heck is that? We are a NHL franchise these bums need to win in Buffalo. I would do none of these bums favors you signed the contract honor it you bum.

UPL I like the contract no real risk he is likely a backup goalie in the NHL to Devon Levi. If the Buffalo Sabres can’t sign Devon Levi PSE should sell the Buffalo Sabres. Because there is no excuse for that. 

The Buffalo Sabres bringing black and red jersey back. Better late than never the Buffalo Sabres really missed the boat on there 50th anniversary these jerseys should have been brought back than. They should be our permanent third jersey we went to a Stanley Cup in these colors. Also save me old Buffalo Sabres fans blue and gold only the Sabres only went to one Stanley Cup in them too. I am old too at 54 years old. I am good with both jersey colors blue and gold for main home, away jerseys and black and red for third alternate jersey seems good to me in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

You should consider sticking to football.

At first I thought this was the first GM extended since Regier (sure feels that way, doesn’t it?) but then I looked and Pegula has actually extended every one of his GMs. Murray and Botterill both got contract extensions too. They were just fired before they kicked in.

I don’t see Adams going anywhere though, at least I hope. This organization desperately needs stability.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.