Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

😢

Depressing to see 1/2 the list is recent Sabres goaltenders. I guess Samsonov would fit the mold huh? 😂

I don’t see any reason to sign him. I’d rather just give the starts to UPL vs Samsonov. At least he’s shown some promise in the NHL. 

Still hoping for someone better though. Or taking a shot at someone less proven (like Comrie or Hill).

edit - sweet! Toronto it is! 😂

At least we don’t have to worry about h8m ending up in Buffalo. Not sure he was a culture fit anyway from what I’ve read about his maturity + attitude.

hard not to see Murray + Samsonov as a downgrade on what they had in previous seasons.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

😢

Depressing to see 1/2 the list is recent Sabres goaltenders. I guess Samsonov would fit the mold huh? 😂

I don’t see any reason to sign him. I’d rather just give the starts to UPL vs Samsonov. At least he’s shown some promise in the NHL. 

Still hoping for someone better though. Or taking a shot at someone less proven (like Comrie or Hill).

edit - sweet! Toronto it is! 😂

At least we don’t have to worry about h8m ending up in Buffalo. Not sure he was a culture fit anyway from what I’ve read about his maturity + attitude.

hard not to see Murray + Samsonov as a downgrade on what they had in previous seasons.

You're not kidding.  Save percentage and GAA, the Sabres had no one in the top 32 last year by either metric.  There are about a dozen teams at least that have two goalies demonstrably better than anyone we have on our roster.

I’m happy with this.

He’s not a proven starter (28 nhl games played so far in his career) but there were no proven starters left and he looked very promising in his 19 NHL games last season with a .920 sv%. Of the options left I liked him the most. Plus he was a free agent so it didn’t take any assets to acquire him. We got him cheaper than I thought too! I was expecting more like $2.5-3M. I would be surprised to learn that other teams offered him more to be their backup. I think a starting opportunity was priority #1 for him.

He’s just turned 27 a week ago so he could be more of a long term solution if he works out. He has never really been given an opportunity to start yet. I’m hopeful that he can be a good starter and anxious to see what he does with this chance.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I’m happy with this.

He’s not a proven starter (28 nhl games played so far in his career) but there were no proven starters left and he looked very promising in his 19 NHL games last season with a .920 sv%. Of the options left I liked him the most. Plus he was a free agent so it didn’t take any assets to acquire him. We got him cheaper than I thought too! I was expecting more like $2.5-3M. I would be surprised to learn that other teams offered him more to be their backup. I think a starting opportunity was priority #1 for him.

He’s just turned 27 a week ago so he could be more of a long term solution if he works out. He has never really been given an opportunity to start yet. I’m hopeful that he can be a good starter and anxious to see what he does with this chance.

Who knows how he will do but a move like this makes complete sense.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I’m happy with this.

Not comparing Hasek to Comrie. Just pointing out that Hasek came to the Sabres at the same point of his career: 27 years old, 25 NHL games, stuck behind an established goalie.

On 7/13/2022 at 10:41 AM, BillsFan4 said:

On 7/13/2022 at 10:41 AM, BillsFan4 said:

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not comparing Hasek to Comrie. Just pointing out that Hasek came to the Sabres at the same point of his career: 27 years old, 25 NHL games, stuck behind an established goalie.

Hes more of a Poyer than a Hasek.  

what a brutal offseason it’s been for Calgary and their fans. First their best player (Gaudreau) leaves in free agency for nothing in return and now their 2nd best player is refusing to sign long term.

To complicate things even more Tkachuk is currently an RFA with only 1 year until he’s UFA and has a massive qualifying offer ($9M). The flames filed for salary arbitration which starts in 7 days so I’d imagine they’ll want to trade him before then because if he goes to arbitration and is awarded a contract, he can’t start negotiating a new deal until the end of January (iirc) so a team trading for him wouldn’t be able to sign him long term until at least then. Seeing as the arbitration contract can only be for 1 year I’m sure it would hurt his trade value because he could easily decide to just wait and turn UFA. Any team trading for him I’m sure wants a long term deal in order to give up the assets Calgary will want.

I feel for their fan base. As Sabres fans I can empathize with them 😂

Sal Capaccio 🏈 Retweeted
Andrew Peters
@TheInstigator76
·
2h
The Sabres aren’t trading for Patrick Kane. 

I was told they’ll want to sign him as UFA next summer. 

No assets needed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.