It may be "old" Bills-fan thinking, but hype like we're already getting kinda scares me

JÂy RÛßeÒ

6 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I expect the Buffalo Bills to win the Super Bowl this season or the Sean McDermott should be fired. I get it some fans would excuse everything losing forever but I am not a Buffalo fan like that. I expect to win yearly or changes have to be made.

The Buffalo Bills failure last season was on Sean McDermott and his coaching staff. It wasn’t Bills GM Brandon Bean he did his job gave the coaches a team that can win someone didn’t do there job and we all know deep down “Mr 13 seconds” my nickname for Sean McDermott failed. “Fool me once same on you fool me twice shame on me” I think I got that old saying right Bills fans get the idea where I stand with the Bills post in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

You are one no nonsense kinda guy!

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

He's a ***** Buffalo SUPER fan. You don't become that by putting up with crap.

No you don’t.  And one has to imagine he demands that same level of excellence in his own life!

The teams personality and coaching staff are grounded. I believe this team is hungry and know full well that nothing is proven until they are the last team standing. Anything is possible but this team seems like they are on the right track with the right people at the top. 

We have the best roster we have had for a very, very long time. But yes nothing is guaranteed in the NFL. We have to take each week seriously as we will get everyone's best shot. The season is always a hard, long slog and I don't expect this one to be any different. Quite sure McDermott and company feel the same way about the hype:

All well and dandy top of power rankings, a lot of people's SB picks, etc. But that don't mean ***** until playoff time. He will make sure our guys are grounded of that I am certain.

Should be an exciting season.

On 7/6/2022 at 8:54 AM, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

In my 50+ years as a Bills fan, I've never seen us deal well with this kind of thing.  Hopefully we're learning cause it's coming from all sides now.

According to CBS Sports, we have the top roster in the league...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ranking-all-32-nfl-rosters-ahead-of-2022-training-camp-bills-buccaneers-chargers-crack-top-five/

And poor Dawson Knox doesn't even get a mention...

How will Madden view the Bills? I’m sure the team will still be in the high 80s overall.

Edited by JayBaller10

I enjoy all the hype. It's been a long time coming. I get kinda tired of all the "bills are predicted to win the super bowl" talk though. It's so hard to predict a superbowl. Personally, I would've never thought the rams and Bengals would've been in the superbowl last year. Would've never said the bucs wiuids been in the superbowl the year before either, even with Brady. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Starting to get the feeling that being picked to be the favorite is the media's way of jinxing us. They want the pressure to be too much. If I was McD, I'd try to use that to keep our underdog mentality. 

The Bills will be getting every teams best shot especially the Fins, Jets, and Pats. No underdog mentality this year as they will not be flying under anyone's radar.

If I'm the Bills' brass I play 4d chess.  We tank this year and get good draft position and picks next year.  After such a horrible season, no one will see us coming the following year and then, bam!  SB Champs!!  That's how you play the hype machine.  Drops mic...

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

The Bills will be getting every teams best shot especially the Fins, Jets, and Pats. No underdog mentality this year as they will not be flying under anyone's radar.

And this is why I worry because the exact thing happened last year starting right out of the gate against the Steelers and this team never seemed to truly respond until they absolutely needed to in December sitting at 7-6 and trailing the Pats in the division at the time.

This is why this team MUST show consistency all year and truly be the #1 seed in the AFC if they have legit SB aspirations and it starts with McD and JA17 having a more steady hand in the regular season. No more Colts/Jags/Steelers/etc type of outings.

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

And this is why I worry because the exact thing happened last year starting right out of the gate against the Steelers and this team never seemed to truly respond until they absolutely needed to in December sitting at 7-6 and trailing the Pats in the division at the time.

This is why this team MUST show consistency all year and truly be the #1 seed in the AFC if they have legit SB aspirations and it starts with McD and JA17 having a more steady hand in the regular season. No more Colts/Jags/Steelers/etc type of outings.

I would also add the defense as well. They need to better against the run and have a better pass rush. When they played teams with good offenses (Chiefs, Bucs, Titans, Colts) it wasn't pretty. 

I know I'll get sucked into the hype vortex like I do every year.  But I'm going to try to fight it until about Week 6-7.  That Steelers opener just shot the horse out underneath me last year.  I was REALLY pumped, and actually started giving non-Bills fans a little sh!t.  Nope.  I feel good about them, but I'm keeping my mouth shut.

Bring it ALL on! I love it! Screw the whole wanting to “fly under the radar” BS. If you’re flying under the radar you havnt proven you need to be feared consistently. I much prefer the massive bullseye on the back! 

On 7/12/2022 at 12:07 PM, Whites Bay said:

I know I'll get sucked into the hype vortex like I do every year.  But I'm going to try to fight it until about Week 6-7.  That Steelers opener just shot the horse out underneath me last year.  I was REALLY pumped, and actually started giving non-Bills fans a little sh!t.  Nope.  I feel good about them, but I'm keeping my mouth shut.

As a fan of a team that seems really boring. Ride the rollercoaster. That’s sorta the point IMO. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

On 7/10/2022 at 5:38 PM, Steptide said:

I enjoy all the hype. It's been a long time coming. I get kinda tired of all the "bills are predicted to win the super bowl" talk though. It's so hard to predict a superbowl. Personally, I would've never thought the rams and Bengals would've been in the superbowl last year. Would've never said the bucs wiuids been in the superbowl the year before either, even with Brady. 

It's great to have a team that everyone is excited about... one thing that concerns me though, the hype is so over the top, I fear that "Bills Mafia" (I hate that name) is going to wear out it's welcome around the league.  I already see it happening... we don't want to become like Cowboys fans by the rest of the league, do we. Just mindlessly presumptuous, and entitled?  It wouldn't bother me quite so much if we had actually won something... fingers crossed.  But I am not assuming anything...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.