It may be "old" Bills-fan thinking, but hype like we're already getting kinda scares me

JÂy RÛßeÒ

On 7/12/2022 at 9:07 AM, Whites Bay said:

I know I'll get sucked into the hype vortex like I do every year.  But I'm going to try to fight it until about Week 6-7.  That Steelers opener just shot the horse out underneath me last year.  I was REALLY pumped, and actually started giving non-Bills fans a little sh!t.  Nope.  I feel good about them, but I'm keeping my mouth shut.

That's the thing about the NFL though, even if this team comes out like gangbusters and starts 7-1 or 8-0 are we really going to believe they are the real deal? The Cardinals did this last year and we all know how their season played out and many other teams in years past have fizzled down the stretch.

And even despite the Steelers gaffe in week one last year, this team dominated the next month and looked the part before going 3-5 over the next two months and then ultimately getting it together again.

Like I've said for a while now, this team simply needs to play consistent football for the entire season similar to 2020 (even though they had a bit of a midseason swoon then too) and secure the top seed in the AFC and then show up all over again in the postseason and defend their dirt to truly take the next step.

I know what you mean, Jay. We can only hope the team can put all the hype aside and perform at the level they are expected to perform. 

I have been saying "Wait til next year" since 1967, and that is the only negative.

No more hype. Just DO it!

Go Bills!

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.