It may be "old" Bills-fan thinking, but hype like we're already getting kinda scares me

JÂy RÛßeÒ

I absolutely understand but …… Why not us?

I, too, have that niggling voice that keeps waiting for the other shoe to drop because it has always been thus.

However, Josh is different. Nothing is too big for him from here on out. That is the ONLY positive I take from the KC game! 
    We also have a better line this year on both sides of the ball. 
    No guarantees but we are not preseason SB favs for nothing. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, chongli said:

Expectations were big in 1990, but not like this. I remember Thurman had "Tampa" written on his clears during TC (the site of SB XV). Sure enough, the Bills went there and were favored to beat the Giants.

And???

Understand where you're coming from but as someone who became a fan after the Kelly years I've been waiting forever 

to truly be excited about this team's possibilities. Just don't have any room for more doubt

At my age of 63, I'm heading into the 4th quarter. After experiencing so many heartbreaking outcomes I'm simply go to sit back and soak all this in.  Let the hype continue. We've got a transformative QB and maybe the best Owner/GM/HC Combo in our history. Maybe they'll come a day where JA gets the breaks that TB got.  We're the media darling....We're the favorite....and we're going to finally get this done.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

In my 50+ years as a Bills fan, I've never seen us deal well with this kind of thing.  Hopefully we're learning cause it's coming from all sides now.

According to CBS Sports, we have the top roster in the league...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ranking-all-32-nfl-rosters-ahead-of-2022-training-camp-bills-buccaneers-chargers-crack-top-five/

And poor Dawson Knox doesn't even get a mention...

what’s that saying 

It is what it is.   

Like this from 8 years ago??

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You’re not a real Bills fan if you missed the Dan Darraugh years. (Kidding) 

Umm..not gonna lie, had to Google that name. Never heard of him, but I am a Bills fan. My memories started during the electric company years and car rides in the country with my parents and siblings on Sundays listening on the radio because home games were blacked out. 

I'm not as old as some posters here, but I deserve a voice on this board dammit! 😀

Gotta go now, some kids are playing on my lawn! 

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

Umm..not gonna lie, had to Google that name. Never heard of him, but I am a Bills fan. My memories started during the electric company years and car rides in the country with my parents and siblings on Sundays listening on the radio because home games were blacked out. 

I'm not as old as some posters here, but I deserve a voice on this board dammit! 😀

Gotta go now, some kids are playing on my lawn! 

Okay okay…I guess you can go to the Super Bowl party…if we ever get one. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.