It may be "old" Bills-fan thinking, but hype like we're already getting kinda scares me

JÂy RÛßeÒ

I hear ya, Jay. Call it BBFS, call it decades of futility. This is definitely bothering me. The list of teams who haven’t won a Super Bowl is shrinking as we age rapidly.

This HAS to be the year!

(right??)🥺

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I here ya. I’d much rather be the hunter than the hunted. That said, show everybody why you’re the favorites. 

I have to disagree, being the hunter allows fans to feel less pain upon failure because they weren’t “supposed” to win anyway.

But I’d rather risk that anguish knowing that my QB and team have no excuses for not winning it all. The best team doesn’t always win it all, many have said for months the Bills were the best team last year and then 13 seconds happened.

Coaching cost Allen his first ring last year, if they repeat that mistake this year… torches will be lit and crowds will gather at the gates, and rightfully so.

I'm 53 years old.  I've lived through the highs and lows of being a Bills fan.  Nobody lives and dies with this team more than I do.

I can say with 100% sincerity that I have no idea why high expectations bother you guys.  I love it.  I'm basking in it.  We have a great freaking team and everybody knows it.

I don't play the games and neither do you.  We have no input and no control over the outcome.  Try to enjoy it!

GO BILLLLLLLLLSSSSSS!!!

20-0, baby!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As long as the lockerroom, front office, coaching staff, etc understands all this positive press means absolutely nothing it's really a non issue.

But from what I see on social media from the fan standpoint, Bills mafia is setting themselves up for major disappointment if this year doesn't pan out as a lot of fans and media believe it will. And it's borderline absurd seeing fans make posts about booking SB arrangements in AZ next Feb and truly believing this team is destined for a championship no matter what.

Just remember, when the dust finally settles only 1 team truly has a successful season and 31 other franchises have to wait until 'next year'. And while Bills fans certainly should feel more confident than about 20+ other NFL teams fan bases right now nothing is guaranteed including a SB, let alone even winning the division/making playoffs in a very loaded conference this year.

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

It still hurts either way.  If you are a real fan I don't think there is any way to avoid it 

Meh.  There’s a huge difference to me between now, when I know we can win it all, and when we had Wrex and Tyrod/EJ and I knew we had no chance.

• Like (+1) 1

@JÂy RÛßeÒ

I have a 55 year working memory of Bills football - was born the day they opened their first training camp!  Unlike you, I remain a fearless optimist for their chance this year....and every year!  My Blood type is B Negative but my Bills fandom is B Positive!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Fan since 73, I get a little inner twinge of jinx when there's this much hype. However, I can take solace and be happy that I likely won't be figuring mathematical equations for getting into the playoffs at Thanksgiving or looking at draft picks in early Dec.

Edited by nosejob
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

I'm 53 years old.  I've lived through the highs and lows of being a Bills fan.  Nobody lives and dies with this team more than I do.

I can say with 100% sincerity that I have no idea why high expectations bother you guys.  I love it.  I'm basking in it.  We have a great freaking team and everybody knows it.

I don't play the games and neither do you.  We have no input and no control over the outcome.  Try to enjoy it!

GO BILLLLLLLLLSSSSSS!!!

20-0, baby!

Youngster! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I hear ya, Jay. Call it BBFS, call it decades of futility. This is definitely bothering me. The list of teams who haven’t won a Super Bowl is shrinking as we age rapidly.

This HAS to be the year!

(right??)🥺

I think we have a balance in the age department.  I couldn’t find a recent article by age so not sure yet.  

3 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

In my 50+ years as a Bills fan, I've never seen us deal well with this kind of thing.  Hopefully we're learning cause it's coming from all sides now.

According to CBS Sports, we have the top roster in the league...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ranking-all-32-nfl-rosters-ahead-of-2022-training-camp-bills-buccaneers-chargers-crack-top-five/

And poor Dawson Knox doesn't even get a mention...

are you saying we should maybe pump the "breaks" on the SB talk?

1 hour ago, ExWNYer said:

Until Jay 'Rosens' the board, silly.

Didn't he already do that twice this past week?

3 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

.  Hopefully we're learning cause it's coming from all sides now.

According to CBS Sports, we have the top roster in the league...

You need to stop reading CBS and read the experts in this board. That will make your feel normal. 

In any case, your fear of Bills' hype is BBFS. Embrace it

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.