Bills 2022 Season Game Best vs Least Interesting

corta765

We are less then a month from the hall of fame pre season game and football really kicking into gear. My football juices are amping up and figured have a fun discussion on the season games your most excited for vs least. To me I love every week even if it is the Jets or Bears especially watching Josh play. Here is what I got, feel free to join in or dissent!

Top Games:

1. at Rams NFL opener- Goes without saying this is the game most fans wanted from day 1 and the biggest spot of the regular season

2. at Chiefs - Revenge game and opportunity to put them behind us in standings. Watching Mahomes vs Allen is beautiful to the eyes in terms of QB play

3. Titans home opener- Place will be rocking and the fans haven't seen the team since January. Plus after last years MNF game good opportunity to set the tone early

4. at Ravens - This game quietly is a 1:00 pm start yet could have more fireworks in terms of explosive plays of any. I think Baltimore is healthy and a lion of a team this year which should make for a great game.

5. Vikings - Minnesota has a very deep offense and tends to play very entertaining games plus Jefferson/Cook are awesome. Factor in the storylines of Diggs and Cook's brother on the Bills this is my darkhorse game for what could end up being one of the best of the year.

Least Interesting:

1. either Jets game - I actually think the Jets take a step forward and win between 5-7 games. But they are still far below Buffalo and just not much to get excited with

2. at Bears - This game comes during the Xmas holiday which kind of stinks as people have stuff going on. Mix in the game itself feels like a 23-13 snoozefest as Chicago plays a super boring brand of football and yea...

3. at Lions - I think this will be a game based off how you do thanksgiving for how excited you are. For me its a complete pain as I travel during the day so I will miss out on a portion of the game. Additionally thanksgiving weekend I really enjoy going through the holiday and capping it with a Bills game on Sunday. Add in the Lions have proven nothing and it does nothing for me.

4. Cleveland - The whole Watson mess makes this a buzzkill. The dude is a creep and predator and whether he plays or not the stench will surround this game.

5. Patriots at home - I hate that we have NE week 18. There is a good chance the division is wrapped up and possibly the 1 seed where we are not playing for much. Additionally it would be nice to finally get NE early in the season and not on what will be a 10 degree game for what feels like the 8th straight year.

Edited by corta765

Least interesting is the Bears. They are a bad boring football team. Unless the Bills have a total letdown they should beat them by double digits easily.

Most interesting is the Dolphins or Ravens. Ravens are healthy and they will battle the Bengals for the North. That Bills vs Ravens could eventually decide the #1 seed. Miami is probably the 2nd best team in the division. If anyone from the East can challenge the Bills it will be them. The Jets are probably a year away and I think the Pats take a step back.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Least interesting is the Bears. They are a bad boring football team. Unless the Bills have a total letdown they should beat them by double digits easily.

Most interesting is the Dolphins or Ravens. Ravens are healthy and they will battle the Bengals for the North. That Bills vs Ravens could eventually decide the #1 seed. Miami is probably the 2nd best team in the division. If anyone from the East can challenge the Bills it will be them. The Jets are probably a year away and I think the Pats take a step back.

Agreed. Ravens people seem to really be underselling and forgetting until Lamar was hurt they were 8-3 and the 1 seed. They had a historic amount of injury problems last year. Miami is the 2 in the division but I think they have too much they need to have all go right this year to fully challenge. I could see in future years they win the division over Buffalo due to the Bills having a tougher schedule and McDaniel having more time for his system.

• Like (+1) 1

I think you have to throw the W3 game at Miami up there as potentially one of the "best" -- if only because the Fish are, as usual, being overhyped, but they have undergone massive changes on offense and as long as they don't crap the bed the first two weeks this will be billed as an early season AFC East "showdown."

And then we'll wipe the carpet with them.

I love the schedule this year.  Almost all of the games are compelling.  Even the AFC East games.  This is the best slate of games since the K-gun era.  There won't be any questions of "yea but who did they play"?  

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, eball said:

I think you have to throw the W3 game at Miami up there as potentially one of the "best" -- if only because the Fish are, as usual, being overhyped, but they have undergone massive changes on offense and as long as they don't crap the bed the first two weeks this will be billed as an early season AFC East "showdown."

And then we'll wipe the carpet with them.

That was like #6 for me on the best, def thought of it. Miami at least is intriguing this year to say the least.

9 minutes ago, corta765 said:

That was like #6 for me on the best, def thought of it. Miami at least is intriguing this year to say the least.

I just looked at their schedule.  It's a beast to start.  Open with Pats***, then at Baltimore, Buffalo, at Cinci.

It would be awesome for the Fish to start 0-4.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, eball said:

I just looked at their schedule.  It's a beast to start.  Open with Pats***, then at Baltimore, Buffalo, at Cinci.

It would be awesome for the Fish to start 0-4.

I think I’d prefer 1-3 with the win coming over the Pats*

I like you’re list Corta, but not really interested in the Bikings game.  I probably would’ve swapped for the Lions as they are getting some buzz, and their HC is always good for some sound bites knowing at knees, etc.

I hope in a way you’re right on the Pats, but I’ll contend if we have not made the #1 seed yet, so we can destroy them.

Im so hopeful we destroy year in and out   The Cheats so the tarnish gets worse and worse on BB.  Ok I’m with Sal on WGR the whole checkers vs. chess is abysmally annoying.

• Like (+1) 1

• corta765 changed the title to Bills 2022 Season Game Best vs Least Interesting

I’m looking forward to the packers and bengals games way more than the titans , ravens, and vikings games.  Heck I’m more interested in seeing how much the dolphins have closed the gap and how we handle their speed than I am in seeing Cousins, Tannehill, and LamaRB drop stinkers against our defense.

5 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

I’m looking forward to the packers and bengals games way more than the titans , ravens, and vikings games.  Heck I’m more interested in seeing how much the dolphins have closed the gap and how we handle their speed than I am in seeing Cousins, Tannehill, and LamaRB drop stinkers against our defense.

It is funny the Packers game does nothing really for me. I think part of it is because Green Bay looks weaker then they have in the previous few years and I think they are tops an 11 win team even with Rodgers. Also as a non conference game it does not really impact the Bills the way the Titans could or Baltimore. The Bengals is so late in the year that it could be important OR it could be not nearly as crucial with seeding and the playoffs. So I guess for me those games which are bigger matchups do not have the same luster and intrigue. The Dolphins I am very interested in.

Edited by corta765

3 hours ago, corta765 said:

It is funny the Packers game does nothing really for me. I think part of it is because Green Bay looks weaker then they have in the previous few years and I think they are tops an 11 win team even with Rodgers. Also as a non conference game it does not really impact the Bills the way the Titans could or Baltimore. The Bengals is so late in the year that it could be important OR it could be not nearly as crucial with seeding and the playoffs. So I guess for me those games which are bigger matchups do not have the same luster and intrigue. The Dolphins I am very interested in.

Our defense looked night and day worse against Brady and then Mahomes in the playoffs. Im anxious to see how we do against great QBs with White, Elam, and Miller in the picture now because we’re gonna have to beat 2 or 3 of them in the AFC playoffs. There’s also a good chance that Green Bay ends up being the best defense we play all year.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, corta765 said:

We are less then a month from the hall of fame pre season game and football really kicking into gear. My football juices are amping up and figured have a fun discussion on the season games your most excited for vs least. To me I love every week even if it is the Jets or Bears especially watching Josh play. Here is what I got, feel free to join in or dissent!

Top Games:

1. at Rams NFL opener- Goes without saying this is the game most fans wanted from day 1 and the biggest spot of the regular season

2. at Chiefs - Revenge game and opportunity to put them behind us in standings. Watching Mahomes vs Allen is beautiful to the eyes in terms of QB play

3. Titans home opener- Place will be rocking and the fans haven't seen the team since January. Plus after last years MNF game good opportunity to set the tone early

4. at Ravens - This game quietly is a 1:00 pm start yet could have more fireworks in terms of explosive plays of any. I think Baltimore is healthy and a lion of a team this year which should make for a great game.

5. Vikings - Minnesota has a very deep offense and tends to play very entertaining games plus Jefferson/Cook are awesome. Factor in the storylines of Diggs and Cook's brother on the Bills this is my darkhorse game for what could end up being one of the best of the year.

Least Interesting:

1. either Jets game - I actually think the Jets take a step forward and win between 5-7 games. But they are still far below Buffalo and just not much to get excited with

2. at Bears - This game comes during the Xmas holiday which kind of stinks as people have stuff going on. Mix in the game itself feels like a 23-13 snoozefest as Chicago plays a super boring brand of football and yea...

3. at Lions - I think this will be a game based off how you do thanksgiving for how excited you are. For me its a complete pain as I travel during the day so I will miss out on a portion of the game. Additionally thanksgiving weekend I really enjoy going through the holiday and capping it with a Bills game on Sunday. Add in the Lions have proven nothing and it does nothing for me.

4. Cleveland - The whole Watson mess makes this a buzzkill. The dude is a creep and predator and whether he plays or not the stench will surround this game.

5. Patriots at home - I hate that we have NE week 18. There is a good chance the division is wrapped up and possibly the 1 seed where we are not playing for much. Additionally it would be nice to finally get NE early in the season and not on what will be a 10 degree game for what feels like the 8th straight year.

you left out Green Bay :)  I think that'd be in top games.  

23 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Our defense looked night and day worse against Brady and then Mahomes in the playoffs. Im anxious to see how we do against great QBs with White, Elam, and Miller in the picture now because we’re gonna have to beat 2 or 3 of them in the AFC playoffs. There’s also a good chance that Green Bay ends up being the best defense we play all year.

and Rodgers makes almost any WR look good.  That team reloaded.  

also interested in the Steelers game.  Hopefully we have more Bills fans at the stadium than Steeler fans.   The tickets are much more affordable in Buffalo than Pgh, so people travel.  Also, I hate the way that game ended last year.  I want to destroy them.  

5 hours ago, corta765 said:

I'm hoping for a 2020 week 17 repeat here with the Pats needing a win in a meaningless game for the Bills and they get their asses handed to them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.