Buffalo Bills’ Jordan Poyer named best safety in NFL

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

It usually is, though. Brady is a big exception to the rule, really. For most guys, getting a big contract is important to them for many different reasons, but yes, you do sometimes see players prioritize other things.

Yes, you're right.   The other exception is guy's catching for his last contract or two.   Shady probably could have gotten more money elsewhere, but in his position, why not sign on with KC and Tampa?  

All this says to me is his leverage has increased,... when he starts negotiations with other teams in FA. 

I just don't see the Bills giving a Safety his age a multi year extension. Not with younger players like Edmunds and Oliver coming up.

Just because other teams that are poorly run may extend good players his age doesn't mean Beane will. 

Love Poyer and his wife can be quite entertaining at times but all I can see is a 1 year  pay bump with maybe a second year option.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Best safety in the league takes terrible angles in the run game.

More a case of a couple false steps than it is a bad angle. He had contain but bit to the inside and then couldn't recover. 

11 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

You're not kidding, Badol.

Back awhile when my wife and I were coming up on our 10th anniversary I kept hearing from friends and family (and her) how great she was and how "she's the best!" and how much she liked diamonds.

Sometimes you have to be willing to let someone else overpay...even if it hurts in the short term...

Edited by Richard Noggin

23 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

You're not kidding, Badol.

Back awhile when my wife and I were coming up on our 10th anniversary I kept hearing from friends and family (and her) how great she was and how "she's the best!" and how much she liked diamonds.

Tell her that you like her "cut" but that's only good enough to offer her a series of bridge contracts.

12 hours ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

So what, you have just closed your own eyes to Poyer’s amazing play the last few years?  
Why don’t you just save us real fans the bother and shut your yap before all this nonsense spills out?  Do you not realize how dumb it makes you look?

So what, you have just closed your own eyes to Poyer’s amazing play the last few years?  
Why don’t you just save us real fans the bother and shut your yap before all this nonsense spills out?  Do you not realize how dumb it makes you look?

So what, you have just closed your own eyes to Poyer’s  amazing play the last few years?  

So what, you have just closed your own eyes to Poyer’s  amazing play the last few years?  

You can say that again.

• Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

IT would be a classic Bill Belichek move but I dont think the Bills will do it, they understand the integral nature of the Hyde-Poyer combination.

It would be,  but I don't think w/in the division would happen. 

Edited by Dablitzkrieg

5 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

It would be,  but I don't think w/in the division would happen. 

No, letting go of Poyer-trading by the Bills, would be something Belichek would do.  Trading away an aging veteran while he still has trade value and no I dont think the Bills will trade Poyer much less to the Pats

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No, letting go of Poyer-trading by the Bills, would be something Belichek would do.  Trading away an aging veteran while he still has trade value and no I dont think the Bills will trade Poyer much less to the Pats

I hope you are right

On 7/6/2022 at 11:38 AM, Mr. WEO said:

Don't know who "Nick Wojton" is, nor do I read "Touchdown Wire", but it's odd that, 6 months after Poyer put up these number, he writes an article touting him as #1.

Someone a bit confused 🫤 

CBS Sports: Jordan Poyer is Bills’ ‘most underappreciated’ player

Nick Wojton

https://sports.yahoo.com/cbs-sports-jordan-poyer-bills-105553564.html

You can consider CBS Sports as one outlet that thinks the Buffalo Bills should pay Jordan Poyer.

In naming the “most underappreciated” player for each NFL team, the one on the Bills selected was the safety. Of course, this comes about at a particularly intriguing time.

Can he be the Best Safety 

and THE most under appreciated player at the same time?

55 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Someone a bit confused 🫤 

CBS Sports: Jordan Poyer is Bills’ ‘most underappreciated’ player

Nick Wojton

https://sports.yahoo.com/cbs-sports-jordan-poyer-bills-105553564.html

Can he be the Best Safety 

and THE most under appreciated player at the same time?

Nick is certainly touting Poyer a lot.  Go figure....

He seems to want to inform a certain somebody/somebodies that Poyer is the best, yet not fully appreciated by......that/those somebody/somebodies.

hmmm

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

WTF happened on that one?  I just deleted that embarrassment and will now attempt to move on (with my head down). 

More than likely your post didn't want to post so you kept submitting "reply". Your impatience caught up with you and you are now relegated to the Deez Nuts Branch of the Attica Alumni For Life Crowd. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.