Mass Shooting at 4th of July Parade

6 hours ago, 716er said:

Without the gun the man on the rooftop is just a man on the rooftop.

With the gun he is a sniper.

It's the gun. 

Above is a reminder of what I said. Nothing about that is flippant. 

flip·pant

[ˈflipənt]

ADJECTIVE

not showing a serious or respectful attitude

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The Boston marathon bomber thanks you for supporting him.

Now that is flippant. 100% disrespect claiming I align with a ***** terrorist.

Cheers and Happy 4th.

14 minutes ago, BillStime said:

The obsessively BAN guns crowd is the issue?

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886by636o93tvkyy05ijz

jfc

When you refuse to address the myriad of other issues driving the gun violence epidemic, yes. 

I understand progressives have one track minds and can only focus on one thing at a time…

Guns, Abortion, Ukraine

Sometimes more nuance, discussion and innovation is needed to handle modern issues. 

We are a country awash with guns.  Those who want them, can get them.   They will always be able to get them.   That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t make it harder for them.. but we clearly have a country ravaged in some corners by anger, hate, mental illness, depression and desperation.   Do you believe we should not address any of that?

Our culture is being destroyed from within.  

I’d rather not be lectured about violence from those who’s new rallying cry is demanding zero limitations on their perceived right to kill the most innocent amongst us.  

Edited by SCBills

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

When you refuse to address the myriad of other issues driving the gun violence epidemic, yes. 

I understand progressives have one track minds and can only focus on one thing at a time…

Guns, Abortion, Ukraine

Sometimes more nuance, discussion and innovation is needed to handle modern issues. 

We are a country awash with guns.  Those who want them, can get them.   They will always be able to get them.   That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t make it harder for them.. but we clearly have a country ravaged in some corners by anger, hate, mental illness, depression and desperation.   Do you believe we should not address any of that?

Our culture is being destroyed from within.  

I’d rather not be lectured about violence from those who’s new rallying cry is demanding zero limitations on their perceived right to kill the most innocent amongst us.  

Yeah Democrats are taking your guns away (WHERE) while the cult Supreme Court expands gun rights.

You are deranged AF - but expected for demonic cult freaks.

Meanwhile - go post images of cute kids waving American flags but ignore those same kids hiding under desks at school during gun fire.

But it’s the Dems fault - jfc - never the actual easy access to guns.

idiots 

The GQP are f’n saints - lolz

8 minutes ago, 716er said:

Above is a reminder of what I said. Nothing about that is flippant. 

flip·pant

[ˈflipənt]

ADJECTIVE

not showing a serious or respectful attitude

Now that is flippant. 100% disrespect claiming I align with a ***** terrorist.

Cheers and Happy 4th.

I agree I was being flippant, I thought you were being flippant also. Your thought process would blame cars for drunk drivers, knives for stabbing victims, and pens for bad laws. 

Just now, BillStime said:

Yeah Democrats are taking your guns away (WHERE) while the cult Supreme Court expands gun rights.

You are deranged AF - but expected for demonic cult freaks.

Meanwhile - go post images of cute kids waving American flags but ignore those same kids hiding under desks at school during gun fire.

But it’s the Dems fault - jfc - never the actual easy access to guns.

idiots 

You're spaz-posting at someone who just said he doesn’t own a gun and is open to some forms of gun control.

All because I stated we also need to look at other factors. 

Thank you for proving my point about those like you.  

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

You're spaz-posting at someone who just said he doesn’t own a gun and is open to some forms of gun control.

All because I stated we also need to look at other factors. 

Thank you for proving my point about those like you.  

No no no no -  YOU spaz posted about  everything (Dems, abortion, Ukraine and progressives) being the problem with gun violence and noting else.

Thank YOU for proving my point:

HACK

38 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

All logical except for repealing PLCAA.  If it's legal to sell something you should be able to do so without fear of being held liable.  I'd make an exemption for military members under the age of 21 though who've been trained on how to properly use assault weapons.

I agree with an exception for military service. Those who go through military training have far more expertise with firearm safety than their peers and that should be recognized. 

As for PLCAA, most industries are subject to liability for their products and advertising. PLCAA means that the firearms industry is essentially exempt from this liability. Repealing PLCAA means that firearms manufacturers have to be more careful about how they build and sell their guns, and how they advertise them. They would essentially be subject to the same restrictions as most American industries. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

As for PLCAA, most industries are subject to liability for their products and advertising. PLCAA means that the firearms industry is essentially exempt from this liability. Repealing PLCAA means that firearms manufacturers have to be more careful about how they build and sell their guns, and how they advertise them. They would essentially be subject to the same restrictions as most American industries. 

My understanding of the law is if the gun malfunctions in any way due to a defect in the design they can be held liable.

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

My understanding of the law is if the gun malfunctions in any way due to a defect in the design they can be held liable.

My understanding is that without PLCAA, such an occurrence would be in line with the same instance of other products. 

Companies strive to make their products safer because doing so reduces the cost of negative externalities.

If your water filter has a small flaw that allows poisonous particles to get through, you correct it because it makes your product better AND avoids liability lawsuits. 

If your gun is overly lethal, or advertised towards kids, or could be changed to automatic fire with a quick modification, you are NOT liable for any damages because of PLCAA.

Repealing PLCAA would incentivize manufactures to keep safety as a major component of their process and end product. 

4 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

My understanding is that without PLCAA, such an occurrence would be in line with the same instance of other products.   Companies strive to make their products safer because doing so reduces the cost of negative externalities.  If your water filter has a small flaw that allows poisonous particles to get through, you correct it because it makes your product better AND avoids liability lawsuits. 

If your gun is overly lethal, or advertised towards kids, or could be changed to automatic fire with a quick modification, you are NOT liable for any damages because of PLCAA.

Repealing PLCAA would incentivize manufactures to keep safety as a major component of their process and end product. 

Not from my reading of the law as it specifically states it does not prevent “an action for death, physical injuries or property damage resulting directly from a defect in design or manufacture of the product.”  Gun manufactures will do everything they can to avoid that. 

Before the law was put in place there was a gluttony of lawsuits that attempted to hold lawful gun companies liable for the criminals using their guns to commit crimes.  Smaller gun companies went bankrupt because of all the legal fees associated with those lawsuits.  The reason the gun industry got special protection was these lawsuits threatened the 2nd amendment.  More lawsuits leads to higher legal fees which would lead to higher gun prices.

Edited by Doc Brown

11 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

I would start with treating firearms the way we do cars: license and registration with competency tests. 

Requirements can be on a sliding scale based on actual lethality: strict on handguns, less strict on hunting long guns.

Improved tracing for prosecuting straw gun purchases.

Nationwide red flag laws. 

Requirements for safe storage. 

Repeal PLCAA.

Raise the minimum age to 21.

Magazine capacity limits.

Only in America though? Is your argument that Americans are more inherently problematic than our peers in other countries?

It certainly could be a cultural thing…

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

It certainly could be a cultural thing…

Our entire culture is sick.  Right away, the usual suspects in politics and the media go on the hunt to identify the shooters ideology.  Which side can we blame?  The left or the right?  Did he vote for Biden or Trump?  Is he associated with Antifa or maybe White Supremacist groups?  Can this violent and senseless act help with our political and social agenda?  How can our causes benefit from the suffering of others?   

Instead of just admitting we've got a generation of a lot of maladjusted and dysfunctional young men that appear to have little purpose or interest in life running loose in the country.  And that for one reason or another they've gone down a wrong path that's transformed them into raging psychotics and we need to do something about it that goes far beyond talk about gun control.  Whatever the politics, the system, whether its education or parenting techniques, or the legal system, or the economic system, or social media, or video games, or some other thing, screwed these kids up and the system better fix the problem.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

We have not always fetishized guns. We have not always targeted gun ads at kids. We have not always framed the discussion of guns around fighting tyranny or even the second amendment. 

Guns used to be a tool to be used responsibly, not a status symbol or way of proving how tough or cool or patriotic you are. 

You are right, but the culture advances. It is unstoppable without all citizens involvement. It will continue to grow, like the automobile and TV. Once 1 car was all a family had, now 2,, once a home had 1 TV, now multiple plus other devises. 

The drug culture was once limited to a few plus " mothers little helper", now the drug culture has grown to be acceptable, legalizing some, allowing parts of society to be devastated by ever increasing supply. 

I am not being judgemental just realistic. 

11 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The Boston marathon bomber thanks you for supporting him.

I suppose this could never happen if everyone at the parade was carrying...? Isn't that the logic. Arm the teachers. Make sure the guy in the Yogi Bear outfit has a AR15 with him, 

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Our entire culture is sick.  Right away, the usual suspects in politics and the media go on the hunt to identify the shooters ideology.  Which side can we blame?  The left or the right?  Did he vote for Biden or Trump?  Is he associated with Antifa or maybe White Supremacist groups?  Can this violent and senseless act help with our political and social agenda?  How can our causes benefit from the suffering of others?   

Instead of just admitting we've got a generation of a lot of maladjusted and dysfunctional young men that appear to have little purpose or interest in life running loose in the country.  And that for one reason or another they've gone down a wrong path that's transformed them into raging psychotics and we need to do something about it that goes far beyond talk about gun control.  Whatever the politics, the system, whether its education or parenting techniques, or the legal system, or the economic system, or social media, or video games, or some other thing, screwed these kids up and the system better fix the problem.

The media should be shining a light on who anf what is inspiring these young men to be terrorists 

• Like (+1) 1