Mass Shooting at 4th of July Parade

20 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy, Reagan

Culture. 

Get angry, any reason, job loss, taxes, abortion, election results, race, religion, insult, dissed, marriage, noisy parade, ptsd, grab a gun...kill

Except that it doesn’t happen in our peer countries nearly as often as it happens here.

Are you saying that Americans are just more angry and violent than people in other countries? We are inherently flawed and inferior to people like Canadians or the British?

36 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Except that it doesn’t happen in our peer countries nearly as often as it happens here.

Are you saying that Americans are just more angry and violent than people in other countries? We are inherently flawed and inferior to people like Canadians or the British?

Gun culture. Whether you support it or not many other countries have more control for nany decades, thus different culture. Not saying good or bad, just fact. England has had 2 mass shootings since 1958. 

Inferiority is a bad choice of words. It is cultural. Similar to genital mutilation. Americans find that awful. Cultural. But see 6 shot at parade as a risk they are willing to accept.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The Boston marathon bomber thanks you for supporting him.

Relevant, how?

You hoping someone bombs the esplanade?

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Leftists are so freaking stupid.  

The suspect looks like he totally loves this country.  

You still here?  Thought you would be in Russia by now.

11 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Gun culture. Whether you support it or not many other countries have more control for nany decades, thus different culture. Not saying good or bad, just fact. England has had 2 mass shootings since 1958. 

Inferiority is a bad choice of words. It is cultural. Similar to genital mutilation. Americans find that awful. Cultural. But see 6 shot at parade as a risk they are willing to accept.

YOU ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE.

13 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Relevant, how?

You hoping someone bombs the esplanade?

You still here?  Thought you would be in Russia by now.

YOU ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE.

And you have no ability to think.

Guns are part of American culture, for 250 yrs. Not going to change. 6 deaths are acceptable, but genital mutilation is not. In somevdivueties it is acceptable. Think for once. Culture. 

Anger = killing by a small man with a big gun.

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This thread is a clear microcosm of the fundamental problem.

most political loyalists have no interest in making this any better, they just want to shout stupid slogans from diametrically opposite entrenchments to appease their master, Instead of engaging in conversation and attempting to find agreeable actions that make things better. 

it can only be tastes great less filling tirades that game nowhere, and they know it… 

I was pleasantly surprised to see bipartisan gun legislation that just passed in the Senate.  I wish they raised the minimum age to purchase any kind of gun until 21 but it's a start.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Guns are part of American culture, for 250 yrs. Not going to change. 6 deaths are acceptable, but genital mutilation is not. In somevdivueties it is acceptable. Think for once. Culture. 

We have not always fetishized guns. We have not always targeted gun ads at kids. We have not always framed the discussion of guns around fighting tyranny or even the second amendment. 

Guns used to be a tool to be used responsibly, not a status symbol or way of proving how tough or cool or patriotic you are. 

12 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

You try so hard to fit in - typical 

• Vomit 1

38 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The Boston marathon bomber thanks you for supporting him.

This is a pretty ***** thing for you to post even in a place as ***** as PPP. Because I am anti-gun I am pro-terrorism? 

Check yourself, please. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

I would start with treating firearms the way we do cars: license and registration with competency tests. 

Requirements can be on a sliding scale based on actual lethality: strict on handguns, less strict on hunting long guns.

Improved tracing for prosecuting straw gun purchases.

Nationwide red flag laws. 

Requirements for safe storage. 

Repeal PLCAA.

Raise the minimum age to 21.

Magazine capacity limits.

All logical except for repealing PLCAA.  If it's legal to sell something you should be able to do so without fear of being held liable.  I'd make an exemption for military members under the age of 21 though who've been trained on how to properly use assault weapons.

Edited by Doc Brown

Two cops just shot in Philly during fireworks, plunging the festivities into chaos. 

I don’t even know what the answer is…

I don’t own a gun, and am reluctantly open to some gun control, but this is clearly much deeper than that .. until the obsessively ridiculous “ban guns” crowd decides to look more inward as to what we have become, and are further becoming as a culture, nothing will change. 

This is societal decay. 

Edited by SCBills

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Two cops just shot in Philly during fireworks, plunging the festivities into chaos. 

I don’t own a gun, and am reluctantly open to some gun control, but this is clearly much deeper than that .. until the obsessively ridiculous “ban guns” crowd decides to look more inward as to what we have become, and are further becoming as a culture, nothing will change. 

This is societal decay. 

The obsessively BAN guns crowd is the issue?

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886by636o93tvkyy05ijz

jfc

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This is societal decay. 

That can be easily fixed. But a whole bunch of people and interests want to keep the chaos going to declare that only they can solve the problem 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 716er said:

This is a pretty ***** thing for you to post even in a place as ***** as PPP. Because I am anti-gun I am pro-terrorism? 

Check yourself, please. 

So you can flippantly discuss the death of these people but I mock you for being flippant and i need to "check" myself? Coming from the one of about 4 guys who work so hard to try and make this place suck

Just now, Buffalo Timmy said:

So you can flippantly discuss the death of these people but I mock you for being flippant and i need to "check" myself? Coming from the one of about 4 guys who work so hard to try and make this place suck

Don't terrorist movements always try and radicalize young men to carry out attacks? Bin Laden didn't fly the planes 

• Like (+1) 1