Mass Shooting in the Chicago Area

T&C

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Now there is shocking news!!!

It is pretty shocking... Because it's not in Cook County... But one of the collar counties.  On the well-heeled North Shore.  

When violence starts spilling over into these parts of suburbia,  you know we have a a gun problem on our hands.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Special K said:

It seems that every day that goes by, we get one step closer to  “The Purge” movies becoming our daily reality.

Sad sad stuff.

Well you see what happens anytime someone wants to do something about it.

There have been an extreme (to put it mildly) number of these types of shootings over the past 20 years and I can't think of a single case where someone was let off the hook after 5 years... c'mon.

Edited by 716er

53 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Nine people have been shot and killed in Chicago over the Fourth of July weekend in Chicago. They are among at least 57 people shot, according to police.

that was as of 8 this morning. 

Last year, 19 people were killed and more than 100 people were shot over the long Fourth of July weekend.

Gang and domestic related shootings don't make me fear the small chance of being shot by some random whack job when going out in public.

6 hours ago, mead107 said:

"Many times individuals who really do require intensive psychiatric care find themselves homeless or more and more in prison," Sisti says. "Much of our mental health care now for individuals with serious mental illness has been shifted to correctional facilities."

time to change  to humane mental hospitals

• Agree 1

This was a tragedy BUT, there are Mass Shootings in Chicago all the time.  Never much outrage or comment on those!

I lived there for a few years, and I know Highland Park, is not the South side of Chicago, but we still have the shootings and loss of life, that never makes the news.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

This was a tragedy BUT, there are Mass Shootings in Chicago all the time.  Never much outrage or comment on those!

I lived there for a few years, and I know Highland Park, is not the South side of Chicago, but we still have the shootings and loss of life, that never makes the news.

What's your answer than?  More guns? 

Why is Chicago such a trigger for the gun rights people.  

Chicago is the "saloon" where you check your gun at the door... Obviously people aren't following the rules.   What's the answer?  Don't go tough on guns in Chicago?  Yeah, that will help.

Just like the gangster era... Gun control didn't start to happen until the violence spilled over on Michigan Avenue.  Highland Park is that "Michigan Avenue" and the gun control they have been overturning since the 1990s now has to be revisited... Clock needs to be turned back to where it was starting when the police were outgunned by the gangsters.

Police, just like 1920s... Need to get the arms race back. 

3 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Sounds like a lovely place.

I'm surprised the tourism department doesn't mention this.

1 hour ago, Bad Things said:

Sounds like a lovely place.

I'm surprised the tourism department doesn't mention this.

Does Chicago really depend on tourism like a lot of other places?  Maybe a little.  I always thought of the area as a place to live and work... You want to be a tourist, you go elsewhere. Unless you wanna see downtown. 

So many better places to go to.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.