USC and UCLA joining the Big Ten in 2024

YoloinOhio

• YoloinOhio changed the title to USC and UCLA joining the Big Ten in 2024
4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

And 9am Saturday kickoffs on the left coast!

This is precisely the problem.  Who is going to tune in for Rutgers @ UCLA at 7pm PT or USC @ Maryland at 9am PT?

You have to figure the next dominoes are going to be Oregon, Washington, and maybe Stanford and Cal.  At that point, Notre Dame will have half of their football schedule against Big Ten opponents... hmm...

I wonder what happens to the Rose Bowl out of all of this when it's not involved in the playoff.  Maybe they host the B1G conference championship?

12 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

This is precisely the problem.  Who is going to tune in for Rutgers @ UCLA at 7pm PT or USC @ Maryland at 9am PT?

You have to figure the next dominoes are going to be Oregon, Washington, and maybe Stanford and Cal.  At that point, Notre Dame will have half of their football schedule against Big Ten opponents... hmm...

I wonder what happens to the Rose Bowl out of all of this when it's not involved in the playoff.  Maybe they host the B1G conference championship?

I think the B1G championship will rotate between SoFi and Lucas Oil

This scenario puzzles me. It would not seem to provide USC or UCLA with a better chance of winning a title. That said, I think that this move, as well as Texas and Oklahoma entering the SEC benefits Dabo Swinney and Clemson the most. 

The ACC has no really good teams other than Clemson, unlike the Big 10 and the SEC which are usually stacked with tough, talented teams. Dabo usually hs a deep enough squad where he can pull most of the starters and beat his weak opponents with second and third stringers, while teams like Alabama and OSU face strong teams. I've seen Clemson arrive to the playoffs with a comparatively fresh, rested team. Notre Dame should also like this setup. 

At some point these conferences will probably leave the NCAA, or so it would seem.

50 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

This scenario puzzles me. It would not seem to provide USC or UCLA with a better chance of winning a title. That said, I think that this move, as well as Texas and Oklahoma entering the SEC benefits Dabo Swinney and Clemson the most. 

The ACC has no really good teams other than Clemson, unlike the Big 10 and the SEC which are usually stacked with tough, talented teams. Dabo usually hs a deep enough squad where he can pull most of the starters and beat his weak opponents with second and third stringers, while teams like Alabama and OSU face strong teams. I've seen Clemson arrive to the playoffs with a comparatively fresh, rested team. Notre Dame should also like this setup. 

At some point these conferences will probably leave the NCAA, or so it would seem.

I think it is all money driven, Fox is the catalyst. USC and UCLA are getting 100 mill each in media $$$

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.